marky No.1

Re: O/T Kevin Keegan

Postby morecambes_robbo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:06 pm

where have you found that out then?
I havent seen that much FILA since The Business
morecambes_robbo

Postby Duffman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 pm

He's holding talks with the board now it seems but in my opinion he should be sacked just for standing by Joey Barton and giving him yet another chance.
Duffman

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:15 pm

morecambes_robbo wrote:where have you found that out then?

Did you not know I read the Dandy :lol:

I would think the journalists are still asleep after a long Deadline Night, but their phones will shortly be ringing and they will be on their way up the A1 very shortly me thinks :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:22 pm

Tis true not confirmed yet but aprently he's left the toon.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby The Fury » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Callum wrote:He's holding talks with the board now it seems but in my opinion he should be sacked just for standing by Joey Barton and giving him yet another chance.

Sacked for having a bit of faith in humanity? Sacked for believing that people should have the chance for redemption? That would be criminal.
The Fury

Postby Duffman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:49 pm

The Fury wrote:
Callum wrote:He's holding talks with the board now it seems but in my opinion he should be sacked just for standing by Joey Barton and giving him yet another chance.

Sacked for having a bit of faith in humanity? Sacked for believing that people should have the chance for redemption? That would be criminal.

I agree but how many chances should he be given? I don't know about you but I don't go round hitting people in the street and attacking my team mate.
Duffman

Postby Christies Child » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:58 pm

IF KK goes expect to see Wise take over.

My brother-in -law has had business dealings with the present Chairman and it's well known on Tyneside that he likes his own way about almost everything.

Let's just say that there are not many who would want to cross him or his friends....even on Tyneside where they are normally more than prepared to stand up and be counted!

KK is too much of a nice guy to survive for much longer.

Even more proof that the bigger clubs are being controlled by megalomaniacs.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 pm

The Fury wrote:

Yeah! Let's get all ex-fraudsters working in Barclays; all the ex-paedos as classroom assistants; and the ex-drug dealers working down the chemist!

Joey Barton is in a position in society where he is held in esteem by young people. To err is human, but to repeatedly offend, to ignore all advice, ignore all second, third and more chances, and to stick two fingers up at all those who want to help (team mates, managers, fans and the rest of society) shows he isn't capable of holding a job as a professional footballer.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Christies Child wrote:IF KK goes expect to see Wise take over.

He is 5/2 favourite at the moment

My brother-in -law has had business dealings with the present Chairman and it's well known on Tyneside that he likes his own way about almost everything.

Did you see him on TV at the match over the weekend downing that pint in one go! I thought you were'nt allowed to booze while watching the game :roll:

Let's just say that there are not many who would want to cross him or his friends....even on Tyneside where they are normally more than prepared to stand up and be counted!

KK is too much of a nice guy to survive for much longer.

Even more proof that the bigger clubs are being controlled by megalomaniacs.
marky No.1

Postby Skid » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Why is everyone venting their spleen at Joey Barton? Our opponents tonight have a man on their books who hit and killed a man whilst drunk at the wheel, and did the cowardly thing in running off.

I'd say Lee Hughes should be the one not involved in football at all. Barton is a tosser, Hughes is worse
Skid

Postby Posh » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Skid wrote:Why is everyone venting their spleen at Joey Barton? Our opponents tonight have a man on their books who hit and killed a man whilst drunk at the wheel, and did the cowardly thing in running off.

I'd say Lee Hughes should be the one not involved in football at all. Barton is a tosser, Hughes is worse

You make it sound like Mr Evil Footballer 2008. The winner loses his football career, the loser gets to keep his. They both seem dreadful human beings based on their reputations.

Of course no one knew about Jimmy Kelly until we played at Wolves and spotted the bit in the programme - 'they played for both sides'. Basically it said Jimmy Kelly played for Wolves, killed someone, went to prison, stayed for a few years, got out, joined Scarborough.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Last edited by marky No.1 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:38 pm

Posh wrote:
The Fury wrote:

Yeah! Let's get all ex-fraudsters working in Barclays; all the ex-paedos as classroom assistants; and the ex-drug dealers working down the chemist!

Joey Barton is in a position in society where he is held in esteem by young people. To err is human, but to repeatedly offend, to ignore all advice, ignore all second, third and more chances, and to stick two fingers up at all those who want to help (team mates, managers, fans and the rest of society) shows he isn't capable of holding a job as a professional footballer.

Did anybody watch his reaction to his tackle on Match of the Day 2 on Sunday night. The smirk of complete indifference said it all to me.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby The Fury » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Posh wrote:
Skid wrote:Why is everyone venting their spleen at Joey Barton? Our opponents tonight have a man on their books who hit and killed a man whilst drunk at the wheel, and did the cowardly thing in running off.

You make it sound like Mr Evil Footballer 2008. The winner loses his football career, the loser gets to keep his. They're both low lifes.

Of course no one knew about Jimmy Kelly until we played at Wolves and spotted the bit in the programme - 'they played for both sides'. Basically it said Jimmy Kelly played for Wolves, killed someone, went to prison, stayed for a few years, got out, joined Scarborough.

Exactly, he served his debt to society and deserved another chance in life (although didn't deserve another chance in our midfield after his performance at Burton in the Trophy!!). Just like Hughes and Barton do. They might all be secret members of the Manson Family and, on the sly, might think Judas was an alright kinda guy but, technically speaking, they've paid their debts and deserve a shot at redemption.
The Fury

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 pm

The Fury wrote:
Exactly, he served his debt to society and deserved another chance in life (although didn't deserve another chance in our midfield after his performance at Burton in the Trophy!!). Just like Hughes and Barton do. They might all be secret members of the Manson Family and, on the sly, might think Judas was an alright kinda guy but, technically speaking, they've paid their debts and deserve a shot at redemption.

I would agree with the above. otherwise anyone who serves time shouldn't even be let out. there are different rules to certain criminals and all normal people would pay the price for there crimes. Fraudsters wouldn't work in banks, drug dealers would struggle for a job anywhere and Pedro;s sign registers. your an educated man Posh you know that. But the difference with Footballers are that they are worth more than the average person. Football is a different entity. I can write a notice tomorrow and leave my job in two weeks. Mr Ronaldo isn't in the same position. neither is Joey Barton.

according to the justice system some crimes deserve a second chance, and some crimes deserve many chances. depending on the nature of the crime. thats the British Justice systems fault. I dont blame Hughes for being able to play footy. My opinion is he should be inside for murder but as i say the judge thinks otherwise.
Heysham_red

Postby marky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Hmmm, let me put it this way. If they sack Keegan and appoint Dennis Wise, Messers Ashley & Llanbas better ready themselves for hate mail & death threats.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 pm

and Wise isn't a very good manager on his own he needs Poyet along side him.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Ah well, Keegan's gone.
marky

Postby slackAlice » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 pm

There cursed that club - how many managers is that - money spent in the last say 10 years. Who'd be a Newcastle Fan and spare seats @ there last home match an unknown phenomenon in them parts.
slackAlice

Postby Aal » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Have always had a lot of time for KK. A decent bloke who has stood by a lot of folk. I don't condone the likes of Barton or Hughes but folks do deserve a second chance.

Seems like KK felt restricted by the owner. Best wishes to him. Top man. :(
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby slackAlice » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Aal wrote:Have always had a lot of time for KK. A decent bloke who has stood by a lot of folk. I don't condone the likes of Barton or Hughes but folks do deserve a second chance.

Seems like KK felt restricted by the owner. Best wishes to him. Top man. :(

Yep and one hell of a player at Liverpool - made me deliriously happy many a time when I used to be on the KOP in my teens - him & Toshack -what a double act. That might be the last we see of KK for football management ? Still love to watch that 'I'd love it' interview he did at Newcastle when he was manager before.
slackAlice

Postby marky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Aal wrote:Seems like KK felt restricted by the owner. Best wishes to him. Top man. :(

It wasn't the owner. It was that little g*t, Wise. If I'd been in KK's position, I would've been slightly annoyed at having that guy as my Director of Football!
marky

Postby Aal » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Forgotten about Wise. Him and Ince are the most irritating people in football at the mo.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Next

Return to General Discussion