Burnley Tickets

Re: Burnley Tickets

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Got 3 tickets today no problems at all.

Also they are not selling any of the restricted view seats untill all other areas are sold out.

has the club got any plans for the restricted view seats ? Is there anything they can do to rectify the situation.

Don't think so but think they have blocked them on the computer system so they can't be sold to anyone.
heysham_mfc

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:25 am

Wild Bill wrote:Just ordered my tickets no problems over the phone. Told I can collect on the night from the tardis at 6.30pm.

I was also told that Burnley have completely sold their allocation (1800) but they have only sold about 1600 tickets for home areas. She did however expect to sell out sometime this week.

Hopefully this should be our first 6K+ attendance since the 1960s! :D Lets hope the get the pies on early and pre-pull a few pints!

So why can you order over the phone but I couldn`t? Maybe the required system was "down" when I rang (although I still don`t get how such a thing could be "down"??) but then surely I should have been told to ring back later? I know its early days, probably training new staff, people busy, etc... but a bit of customer service and consistancy would be nice!

Anyway, I`ll try again today and hopefully I`ll be able to save the old man a journey tomorrow!
Wigan Shrimp

Postby Alan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 am

Wigan Shrimp wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Just ordered my tickets no problems over the phone. Told I can collect on the night from the tardis at 6.30pm.

I was also told that Burnley have completely sold their allocation (1800) but they have only sold about 1600 tickets for home areas. She did however expect to sell out sometime this week.

Hopefully this should be our first 6K+ attendance since the 1960s! :D Lets hope the get the pies on early and pre-pull a few pints!

So why can you order over the phone but I couldn`t? Maybe the required system was "down" when I rang (although I still don`t get how such a thing could be "down"??) but then surely I should have been told to ring back later? I know its early days, probably training new staff, people busy, etc... but a bit of customer service and consistancy would be nice!

Anyway, I`ll try again today and hopefully I`ll be able to save the old man a journey tomorrow!

I queued (along with many others) for an hour in order to get tickets for the match. Imagine if the ticket office had been taking phone enquiries from the 'off' time of 12 noon...people would have been able to arrive at the Globe, see the length of the queue, pull out their mobile phone and queue jump for tickets.

Just guessing, but (correctly in my opinion) the policy was probably..'no phone sales until the queue has disappeared', which is why tickets were available later by phone.
Alan

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:46 am

Alan wrote:
Wigan Shrimp wrote:

I queued (along with many others) for an hour in order to get tickets for the match. Imagine if the ticket office had been taking phone enquiries from the 'off' time of 12 noon...people would have been able to arrive at the Globe, see the length of the queue, pull out their mobile phone and queue jump for tickets.

Just guessing, but (correctly in my opinion) the policy was probably..'no phone sales until the queue has disappeared', which is why tickets were available later by phone.

IF that was the case, then fair enough, but why not just say so and I would have called back later?
Wigan Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:56 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Got 3 tickets today no problems at all.

Also they are not selling any of the restricted view seats untill all other areas are sold out.

has the club got any plans for the restricted view seats ? Is there anything they can do to rectify the situation.

Don't think so but think they have blocked them on the computer system so they can't be sold to anyone.

surely as this is a fault by Globe it should be rectified by them. If they were building a house for someone then the "snag" list would have to be sorted before it was signed and handed over.

The same applies to the rear of the away stand, that looks like an accident waiting to happen. How did it get past H & S ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby scar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:13 am

The addition of the balcony in front of the last directors box was a last minute change. You can't pin the blame on Globe for following instructions!

As Heysham_mfc has already said, those seats have already been blocked off the computer system from being sold.
scar

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Tickets now sorted over the phone.
As I aired my frutrations on here yesterday, its only fair I report the good customer service I received today... the lady was helpful, friendly, efficient and concerned that I`d been left disappointed yesterday. Thanks!
Wigan Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Excellent. What a good club we are ;) Waited over an hour myeslf for 3 tickets and then it started raining. I like being able to pick on a screen the seats. It is like booking the cinema online!

Got to say, the club shop is looking for snazzy. Some very nice stuff in there. Got myself an MFC polo shirt and MFC hoody. Will be wearing them at Anfield tonight!!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby sandgrown » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:05 pm

I asked if tickets could be sold in the shop come winter cold and rain, and was told a machine was going to installed in there !
sandgrown

Postby ezz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:46 pm

I got my ticket yesterday, queued for about 2seconds. Maybe if you didn't all panic and go straight away you wouldn't have to queue so long.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby glagys » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 pm

so there are still some left then??

i've got mine but just an update for other folk
and have the clarets sold out ??
glagys

Postby Bls Shrimp » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:37 pm

glagys wrote:and have the clarets sold out ??

yeah i think the clarets have sold out now, just over 1,700 in total.
Bls Shrimp

Postby shrimpinho » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm

I asked at the ticket office today, pretty much all main stand is gone but there is 1000 tickets left for the MBW stand.

Expect it to get pretty busy tomorrow, if not then saturday surely must be when most of the remaining tickets are snapped up.
shrimpinho

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Need a bigger ground! :lol:

Hopefully a successful season and a few sell-outs will make building a proper stand on the north side worth the expense. A simple 1500-seater stand with a roof the same height as the end stands and then the ground would look perfect!
Wild Bill

Postby ezz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Not untill we average around 4000-5000 a season should the board even consider developing that side. Yes it would look good but our fan base isn't big enough to warrant a pretty looking four sided stadium, it annoys when I read people moaning about no roof on the north stand, the cost wouldn't be worth having a 'pretty' stadium.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:54 am

Does anyone know if the ticket office is open today?
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby quinny » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:18 am

The ticket office is open 9am-8pm on Monday and 9am-12noon on Tuesday.
quinny

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:39 pm

quinny wrote:The ticket office is open 9am-8pm on Monday and 9am-12noon on Tuesday.

Thanks for the info' Quinny.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion