The Globe Arena Main Stand Bar promotions Update

The Globe Arena Main Stand Bar promotions Update

Postby ockers » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Here are the details for the latest drinks promotions and Live Sky games in The Globe Arena Main Stand Bar for August 2010

Saturday 21/8/10 Coventry City v Derby County @ 12.00Noon, Wigan v Chelsea @ 5.00pm:
Sunday 22/8/10 Middlesborough v Sheffield United @ 1.00pm, Fulham v Man Utd @ 3.30pm:
Monday 23/8/10 Man City v Liverpool @ 7.00pm

Drinks Promotions For Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Potted Shrimp Pint £2.20, Budweiser 473ml Bottle £3.50 buy 1 get 1 free:

Tuesday 24/8/10 Champions League Play Offs 2nd Leg @ 7.00pm,
Wednesday 25/8/10 Champions League Play Offs 2nd Leg @ 7.00pm.
Wednesday 25/8/10 Carling Cup Rnd 2 @ 7.30pm.
Thursday 26/8/10 Carling Cup Rnd 2 @ 7.30pm

Drinks promotions for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Carling Lager Pint buy 2 get 1 free.Potted Shrimp Pint £2.20, Budweiser 473ml Bottle £3.50 buy 1 get 1 free:

Saturday 28/8/10 Blackburn v Arsenal @ 12 Noon, Leicester v Reading @ 5.15pm.
Sunday 29/8/10 Bolton v Birmingham @ 1.30pm. Aston Villa v Everton @ 3.30pm

Drinks promotions for Saturday, Sunday, Potted Shrimp Pint £2.20, Budweiser 473ml Bottle £3.50 buy 1 get 1 free:
ockers

Re: The Globe Arena Main Stand Bar promotions Update

Postby parceldave » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Bladdy ell , some promotion that is . Ive not had a chance to have a pint of Potted Shrimp yet and its gone up 40p a pint already . :o :o :o

Looks like i will have to start drinking lager. :cry: not
parceldave

Postby Ntini » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 am

Oh dear. Does nobody proof these things anymore? Bottom line: 'Support Your Club When Your In Our Club'... come on, please!

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2125862,00.html
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Welshrimp » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 am

Does nobody proof these things anymore?

You're talking about the days of yore when your contemporaries knew how to spell? They're searching for their grammar books over there.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby outsider » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Ntini wrote:Oh dear. Does nobody proof these things anymore? Bottom line: 'Support Your Club When Your In Our Club'... come on, please!

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~2125862,00.html

It actually says PUB if we are being smart arses ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Ntini » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 pm

It's not about being smart arses. It's about the club putting out promotional material that has a blatant grammatical error on it.

I've said it about the programme and I'll say it again here. The people responsible for the materials produced by the club (be it a programme, menu, poster or leaflet) put in a great deal of effort and do a superb job for the club. It's a terrible shame that spelling and grammatical errors keep putting a negative edge on the hard work they do.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ockers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Ntini wrote:It's not about being smart arses. It's about the club putting out promotional material that has a blatant grammatical error on it.

I've said it about the programme and I'll say it again here. The people responsible for the materials produced by the club (be it a programme, menu, poster or leaflet) put in a great deal of effort and do a superb job for the club. It's a terrible shame that spelling and grammatical errors keep putting a negative edge on the hard work they do.

To be fair in this instance
it was completed at 1200pm last friday as a rush job by the designer to get into the programme and use on the website
so we did well to meet deadlines
but youre right about the grammatical error its been missed
hopefully after an always busy time at the start of a season(even more so this year)
we will endeavour to get these things right as we go through the season
thanks for pointing out the error
hope you will use the bar when you come down to see the lads play?
ockers

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Ntini wrote:It's not about being smart arses. It's about the club putting out promotional material that has a blatant grammatical error on it.

Have to agree. Even a dyslexic like myself picked-up on countless errors in the first programme. :oops: The odd typo is one thing, but some of the articles were something else! Maybe the price you pay for a 'hot off the press' up-to-date programme?
Wild Bill

Postby ockers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Have to agree. Even a dyslexic like myself picked-up on countless errors in the first programme. :oops: The odd typo is one thing, but some of the articles were something else! Maybe the price you pay for a 'hot off the press' up-to-date programme?[/quote]

Dyslexics wouldnt be able to spot any errors.............
rather than openly dismiss and make a smart arse comment on what is a quality publication (prepared after hours and hours of work involving many people) and seemingly take pride in the fact from the sentiment of your post
why not pm me or email me where those errors where so we can check
the last programme was spell checked and thoroughly proofed
its your opinion but thankfully a minority one at that
ockers

Postby marky » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:09 pm

To be fair, Ockers, the Coventry programme WAS an excellent read but virtually every article contained an error of some sort. I don't think it's being unfair to point that out.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:18 pm

And thanks to whichever mod deleted my joke of a reply. Obviously club staff don't have a sense of humour but they do have an element of power when it comes to having someone's message deleted. I'll bank that fact for future reference. Mark S had the right idea.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:25 pm

ockers wrote:Have to agree. Even a dyslexic like myself picked-up on countless errors in the first programme. :oops: The odd typo is one thing, but some of the articles were something else! Maybe the price you pay for a 'hot off the press' up-to-date programme?

rather than openly dismiss and make a smart arse comment on what is a quality publication (prepared after hours and hours of work involving many people) and seemingly take pride in the fact from the sentiment of your post
its your opinion but thankfully a minority one at that[/quote]

Hang on there mate, please don't take offence. I am not questioning the excellent work that goes into the programme!

Perhaps my response was a bit OTT and could be taken as a dig at the guy who is responsible (e.g yourself) but I was merely agreeing with Ntini about the need to have it proof read. I did also offer some balance by saying its the price you pay for having such an up-to-date publication. Daily papers are full of typos for example.

Being dyslexic doesn't stop someone being able to spot spelling errors or bad grammar though. It's a learning difficulty not a youthamism for being illiterate!

Peace out! ;)
Wild Bill

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:30 pm

some people do say the problem with dyslexic people is that they have over active minds and tend to miss things, even Einstein was reportedly dyslexic

along with Noel Gallagher & John Lennon(song writers) and Tom Cruise, Winston Churchill etc etc

- > http://www.dyslexia-test.com/famous.html
George Dawes

Postby glagys » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:00 pm

are these drinks promo's only available in the main bar

or

are they also available in the bars inside the ground

just a thought
glagys

Postby Crazeenick » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:08 pm

On the subject of drinks. As a real ale lover I am disappointed to find that there doesn't seem to be any Potted Shrimp (or any other cask/hand-pumped ale) on in the two bars in the Wright & Lord Suite.

Are there any plans to have some decent beer in these bars?
Crazeenick

Postby yozzer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:16 pm

The bar for D and E block offers you the choice of Carling, Guinness, or Caffreys. I dont know about the MBW but would imagine it to be similar. C blockers have an extensive range of drinks. Wether they need to consider the need to demean themselves by considering promo offers when champers, pimms and the finest malt are available is a moot point.

Gnasher and Ockers, don't you just love em, a tad sensitive huh! :lol:
yozzer

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Moi, sensitive? One thing I have learned recently is criticise ockers at your peril. Heart in the right place, responsible for many a pissed scandalous post but whatever you do, don't remind him of those days and don't criticise the programme :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Welshrimp wrote:
Does nobody proof these things anymore?

You're talking about the days of yore when your contemporaries knew how to spell? They're searching for their grammar books over there.

It's an urban myth that there was ever some sort of golden age of amazing grammar. I'm not sure when this golden age is meant to have been but it was always when the person mentioning it was younger, no matter how old they are.

There was a study done a few years ago that found that the standard of grammar in signs and posters etc has stayed pretty constant.
durhamshrimp

Postby parceldave » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 pm

ockers wrote:Have to agree. Even a dyslexic like myself picked-up on countless errors in the first programme. :oops: The odd typo is one thing, but some of the articles were something else! Maybe the price you pay for a 'hot off the press' up-to-date programme?

its your opinion but thankfully a minority one at that[/quote]

Hi Sean , just wondering if they made a mistake with the price of the " Potted Shrimp" or has it really gone up 22.5% in 1 wk :o
parceldave

Postby parceldave » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Gnasher wrote:And thanks to whichever mod deleted my joke of a reply. Obviously club staff don't have a sense of humour but they do have an element of power when it comes to having someone's message deleted. I'll bank that fact for future reference. Mark S had the right idea.

You must be refering to the same people who had a photo of Andy Parrish and myself removed from Marky No1 post " Im keeping quiet for a change". But nobody knows who removed it. :roll:
parceldave

Postby ockers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:37 pm

[
Hi Sean , just wondering if they made a mistake with the price of the " Potted Shrimp" or has it really gone up 22.5% in 1 wk :o[/quote]

looks like youre going to have to bring some black stuff in dave 8-)
still not a bad price for real ale in nice surroundings
ockers

Postby parceldave » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 pm

ockers wrote:[
Hi Sean , just wondering if they made a mistake with the price of the " Potted Shrimp" or has it really gone up 22.5% in 1 wk :o

looks like youre going to have to bring some black stuff in dave 8-)
still not a bad price for real ale in nice surroundings[/quote]

Im going for some fresh supplies this w/end Sean :D . Might just have a pint of the Black Stuff with me mate Bono , he's doing a bit of a gig in Helsinki so i thought i might pop in and see him. ;)
parceldave

Postby ockers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:07 pm

[Im going for some fresh supplies this w/end Sean :D . Might just have a pint of the Black Stuff with me mate Bono , he's doing a bit of a gig in Helsinki so i thought i might pop in and see him. ;)[/quote]

cool
can you ask bono to return my shades ta
make sure you bring plenty black stuff back and enjoy the gig!!
ockers

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am

great offers, hope the club keep these up. :D
thegentlegiant

Postby halfwayprawn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:48 pm

why can we not have the real ale at £2 a pint all the season :idea:.
halfwayprawn

Next

Return to General Discussion