Response From The Visitor...

Response From The Visitor...

Postby Sammy h » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Anyone read it yet. They published an e-mail/letter from Matt Deighton and the editor added his notes at the end.

The culprit was Greg Lambert.
Last edited by Sammy h on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy h

Re: Response From The Visitor...

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:17 pm

I dont read or buy it ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ockers » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:24 pm

The culprit wasnt Steven Hewitt as he no longer works for the paper and hasnt for quite some time
i think you need to read it again and edit your post
ockers

Postby Paul Mac » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:24 pm

It was Greg Lambert that "wrote" the piece.
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:33 pm

before the libelous action.......................... :shock:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:59 pm

ockers wrote:The culprit wasnt Steven Hewitt as he no longer works for the paper and hasnt for quite some time
i think you need to read it again and edit your post

Done. I looked at the article and came back to my lapptop an hour or so later. Couldn't remember the name, but remembered it was the sports editor. As i am lazy i just googled it and it obviously brought up the wrong name.

Apologies Steven.
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Sammy h wrote:Anyone read it yet. They published an e-mail/letter from Matt Deighton and the editor added his notes at the end.

The culprit was Greg Lambert.

you haven't really told us much! Any chance of a scan for those of us who don't buy it?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 am

Greg Lambert Sports Editor, that's nearly as big a joke as the Andrex itself. Greg only appears on the sports page when he needs some promotion for his own wrestling company.

I read the reply in a newsagents, no apology for identifying an online alias or the blatant breach of the law as Keith pointed out. As I found out previously, newspapers believe they can copy whatever they like in the name of news.

( Background to Greg Lambert ref. wrestling comment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Lambert )
Last edited by Gnasher on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Morecambe Visitor Wed 18 Aug 2010 p.5 wrote:Editor's Note - There have been several posts on Shrimpsvoices.com since last week's Visitor article 'Net knockers are ruining my club' making similar points to Matt.

We believe this WAS a legitimate news story.

Mark Swindlehurst's comments about Shrimpsvoices reflected that we live in a culture where a small minority of people mis-use the internet to attack and abuse others, or to make negative upsetting and unconstructive comments.

This is something that is happening far too regularly - not just on football club forums. We agree that it's unacceptable and believe the issue is worth highlighting.

We also do not feel this was a 'lazy' article merely because we reported something written on the internet. When deciding what is 'newsworthy', we make a judgement call on each potential story on its merits, and then write in as fair and balanced a manner as possible.

Mark's comments were already in a public forum and available to anyone, just the same as if someone had made comments on the radio, the television or on any other forum of public media and we had every right to report them accurately and fairly, which we believe we did.

It is our opinion that, as a respected member of the football club’s community, Mark’s views were interesting and thought-provoking enough to feature in the newspaper.

The article was by no means intended to ‘spin’ that “everyone moans” on Shrimpsvoices.com – which is not the case as most members post well-reasoned articulate and positive comments about Morecambe Football Club.

We did portray the other side of the story by including a quote defending Shrimpsvoices, and said only a minority of fans were responsible.

In recent past we have featured a number of positive articles mentioning Shrimpsvoices.com and this week have featured members’ views in our report on the new Globe Arena (pages six and seven).

The vast majority of our stories in The Visitor do not have ‘reported bylines’ and there was certainly no underlying reason why the reporter’s name (Greg Lambert) was not used in this instance.

We would like to stress that The Visitor is incredibly supportive of Morecambe Football Club and its fans in general and will continue to provide balanced coverage of the club and issues surrounding it.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:17 pm

In recent past we have featured a number of positive articles mentioning Shrimpsvoices.com and this week have featured members’ views in our report on the new Globe Arena (pages six and seven).

Does that mean they have re-printed more messages from the forum? About time Keith asked them for some commission :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Aspers » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 pm

which is not the case as most members post well-reasoned articulate and positive comments about Morecambe Football Club.

Now we know they're talking a load of bollox
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aspers

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:30 pm

greg lambert reviews music, or did, albums he slagged regularly went to number one :lol:

he should stick to the wrestling bit, as that is as clueless as his writing :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:30 pm

:lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby ezz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:05 pm

That article is no better than the original to be honest. Was that an apology or just their own justification to print such a cack piece of writing?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:07 pm

The Visitor is an awful excuse for a newspaper, ( It certainly has been devalued by the current editor and those that produce such utter gash) but tell me what isn't these days? Even the BBC now reports somebodys facebook status as a credible news source for every other story that it circulates.
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion