Burnley Tickets

Re: Burnley Tickets

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Hell Mick, I've seen 13 smilies in a row on here but to see 13 sad faces from a through and through M.F.C. fan with a Life Season Ticket is somewhat depressing :(
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:04 pm

I always thought a season ticket in say the northern terrace would only allow you entry into that terrace, and any cup vouchers again only entitle you to buy tickets for said season ticket area! Opening the ticket office late in the evening is ideal, i purchased my tickets in what seemed like seconds at 19:45!! :D Pretty sure there will be enough tickets to go round though when they go on general sale on wednesday.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby MfcChris » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Pretty sure there will be enough tickets to go round though when they go on general sale on wednesday.
Even for seated? I hope so. I want 3 seats together!! Went today but have a season ticket in the terrace, so was turned away :(
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Ground was 3,000 short of capacity on saturday......plenty of room!! :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Paul Mac » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Not happy at all!!! Went down to the club after work today to purchase two cup tickets. Walked straight up to the ticket hatch passed over my season tickets and was served straight way by a very helpful lady. Not only that but when I went to the club shop to buy one of the very nice polo shirts I found they had one in my size at a reasonable price PLUS 10% off with said season ticket. God damit! When will this club ever get anything right?
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby Lloydie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 pm

so my chances of getting 8 tickets next to each other in Block D are slim then :?:
Lloydie

Postby yozzer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:17 pm

I think you might be able to get eight seats together above Row L no problem Lloydie. :(
yozzer

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:23 pm

yozzer wrote:I think you might be able to get eight seats together above Row L no problem Lloydie. :(

There are loads of seats above row L which have a perfect view! This just shows what a shame it is that we couldn't have an open day sooner
marky No.1

Postby yozzer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
yozzer wrote:I think you might be able to get eight seats together above Row L no problem Lloydie. :(

There are loads of seats above row L which have a perfect view! This just shows what a shame it is that we couldn't have an open day sooner

I was just being facetious. I have a lovely seat on row L and there are plenty of seats above that level with unrestricted views but it is undeniable that there are a substantial number with a restricted view that Lloydie would have no trouble getting. :)
yozzer

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 pm

No probs just didn't want everyone thinking the world , sorry the Globe, finished at row "L"

You must be the only one on here that can spell that particular F word! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I have just come from the club and been refused tickets on the strength that my season ticket isn't valid for the area I want to go into.

I asked if I could buy tickets for seats that season ticket holders hadn't reserved in the Peter McGuigan stand, but was told that the powers that be had decided that you could only buy tickets for the area of the ground your season ticket was.

I have Home Terrace tickets but wanted to try the Main Stand. :twisted:

Guess I'll have to hope for the best on Wednesday. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Most, most unhappy.

The lady in the office was helpful and apologetic, although I don't know why, it's not her fault.

Guess we will have to wait for tickets to go on genral sale then. Seriously not having a go at the people in the ticket office or anything but how hard can it be!?
heysham_mfc

Postby sgt major » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:54 am

As was mentioned by Marky No1, how unfortunate the overrun on the ground build has been. The fans have not had a time to look at the ground and the ticket situation seems abysmal at times and good if you get there at a later time. However, some people can only make it say at lunch time so they have to queue for ages. Those that don't like Emmerdale, East Enders and Corrie can just nip down at half seven and get served straight away :lol: :lol: (Paul Mac)

Seriously though, I was informed that on Saturday those trying to get in the main stand by buying tickets on the day were getting so frustrated at the lack of speed of service that they just sacked it and walked off all together. Others didn't get into the ground until half past three - certainly not good enough.

The lack of online or telephone bookings is also frustrating for some fans, especially, I expect, for exiles. However I know that will be sorted in the future - hopefully! It does seem though that in a rush to create instant extra revenue through the corporate stuff that the fans have been put on the back burner with the "teething problems" quote. Reading the comments from Rotherham fans is embarrassing, mind you they can talk - we needed binos to see at the Don Valley.

Obviously everyone can come on here and slate off the situation so if people do why not come up with some workable solutions:

1. Get a mobile sign with Ticket Office pointing in the direction from the beginning of the block paving.

2. For a match such as Burnley please have more than one hatch for tickets open.

3. Maybe open earlier than 12.

4. Have a club official on duty next to the queue informing people what the allocation situation is (will save the person in the office getting grief 200 times)

5. Get more staff in the refreshment hatches in home and away terrace or at least allow some local mobile outlets to rent a space to sell their wares.

6. Decent signage behind the goals to point out toilets etc.

7. Train some of the ticketing staff in Customer Service skills - they are peeing off the lifeline of the club - the fans.

8. Maybe have some other outlets nearer where the fans live to buy tickets (The York for example!!!!!)

9. On matchday employ a front of house meeter & greeter in front of the main stand to ease people through the whole experience. Or maybe a small staff of ambassadors around the ground (could be volunteers!!!!!) Sometimes it's not in the stewards remit to give club advice. I was sent to the wrong turnstiles twice for the Cov game.

They say Rome wasn't built in a day and neither as we now know was the Globe but as the situation improves so should the overall professionalism of the club. As the club grows so the fans should grow with it and that means accepting they will have to get tickets in advance for nearly every game if they want to alleviate bad match day experiences. We are not non-league anymore, everyone should embrace change - I should know after taking on my business and having to completely change the way things were done and people treated - it's not rocket science; just, at the end of the day, common sense.

Hopefully - if I can get a ticket - see you at the next game!
sgt major

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:08 am

What a great post Mick. All good (and valid) points.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christie Top Cat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 am

Agree with seasider 9061 re Mick's post what a sensisble well composed piece of work and nothing abusive in the text just honest views and suggestions. The fans at this early stage at the new ground surely should be the priority and sadly a lot have had a poor experience for one reason or another let's hope it can all be sorted swiftly to keep and improve on our fan base
Christie Top Cat

Postby shrimper » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:22 am

marky No.1 wrote:No probs just didn't want everyone thinking the world , sorry the Globe, finished at row "L"

And a very interesting word it is too, for one special reason (sharing the particular distinction with only one other word in the English language, I think).

I'll let you think about it for a while.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 am

shrimper wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:No probs just didn't want everyone thinking the world , sorry the Globe, finished at row "L"

And a very interesting word it is too, for one special reason (sharing the particular distinction with only one other word in the English language, I think).

I'm there Shrimper !!!!! All the vowels used once, and in order ???!!!!
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 am

shrimper wrote:

Welcome back Glen! We have had silly season and now we are straight into another one :lol:
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
shrimper wrote:

I'm there Shrimper !!!!! All the vowels used once, and in order ???!!!!

Okay. I'll let you think about it for four minutes!

The other is 'abstemious' - a word with which Mr Yozzer has absolutely no familiarity whatsoever :lol:

(There's also 'arsenious' which means 'having arsenic in your eye so you are unable to see fouls committed by players wearing red shirts' but it's little-used!).

Now can we please get this thread back on topic! :o
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 pm

I think we should get it back on topic Shrimper, yeah.

Any Extra Information On Upgrades to tickets to Main Stand for Burnley match for West Stand Season Ticket holders ??!!!!
Seasider9601

Postby Ntini » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:35 pm

shrimper wrote:

Shrimper, it's you! How nice to have you back.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby steve mfc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Burnley have almost sold all their allocation of 380 tickets for the PMG stand, went on sale today to season ticket holders, looks like it could be a sell out for this game.
steve mfc

Postby yozzer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 pm

I've lived like a trappist monk in a former life. It was a long time ago, I'll give you that. :lol:
yozzer

Postby Sammy h » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Went to get my ticket today, no problem what so ever. Straight to the front, no queue at all.

Good times. Even took my dog for a look around the joint. :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Sammy h wrote: joint

8-) :mrgreen: 8-)
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Sammy h wrote: joint

8-) :mrgreen: 8-)

Bare Ben, i keep telling you. Please stop quoting me. I don't know you and don't want to know you.

Keep this up and this harassment may appear in the visitor.
Sammy h

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion