The Globe appears to be really being slated by other fans

The Globe appears to be really being slated by other fans

Postby Arnside Red » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... f=2&t=2726

is the view from part of the stand really that restricted, ive only stood behind the goals so far, top step (and to be honest view from there not perfect), the shots shown really dont do the place justice do they, hope this isnt the response from many travelling fans, CTFC havnt even been near the place yet
Arnside Red

Re: The Globe appears to be really being slated by other fans

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:15 pm

They are slating a number of grounds there. You have to remember what we've now got to what we had. The restricted viewing because of stansions was far worse at Christie than what is in reality a few at the Globe.

We are in the news and should be mighty proud of our achievement :D :D :D

What would they have done in 1921 with internet eh?

I think we all need to get a grip, these so called Big Clubs will be jealous for quite some time yet
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:24 pm

I stood in the MBW stand against Coventry, and then had a seat in C block of the Peter McGuigan stand against Rotherham, and I have to say both views were stunning. on the home end I could see everything and appreciate the shere brilliance of the main stand. when I sat in the PMG stand on saturday I could practically have a chat with Sammy and the views of the game/pitch were well worth the extra money.

I was as dissapointed as the next man when we learned that we wouldn't move into our new home on schedule and like many had a few shots from the lip. But boy oh boy has it been worth the wait. personally I think The Globe Arena is first class, and as developments and improvements continue it will only get better. All credit to the board, everyone at the club and to Globe Construction.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby scar » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Jealousy manifests itself in many forms :roll:

We've a great ground, fabulous facilities and the view from 99.9% of the stadia is great. A massive improvement on CP.
scar

Postby The Fury » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 pm

It's something we're gonna have to get used to, I think. First, they'll all slate the Berlin Wall without really understanding the reasons behind the scalling down of the design on that side, which we can forgive them for. Once explained, I think any reasonable person would fully agree the club made the right decision in that regard. That side of the ground has been a really pleasant surprise, in my mind. I stood there on Saturday and, in comparison to the Coventry game, it was a wholly more satisfying match-day experience. Plus, I do think that the photos during construction didn't give that side of the ground justice; I like it very much. It's a real step forward from the car wash terrace, without making the ground seem deserted, as would have been the case with a larger stand.

Secondly, however, looking at the room behind the back of the away stand, I think there's going to be a lot of disgruntled away fans, particularly the larger followings. It will be interesting to see any complaints Burnley fans have about it. Presumably, there will be the same issues in that stand that there are with the facilities for food/drink in the MBW stand. For me, the club needs to look at this, and, in terms of building new outlets, these aren't things that can be rectified expediently.

Whilst teething problems were always likely to occur, it is undeniable that there are a couple of fundamental design faults with the stadium i.e. the restricted viewing in the white seats at the back of the PMG Stand, the restricted viewing of those in the Block C red seats immediately next to the Wright and Lord suite's wall & the food facilities in the MBW stand. Those red seats immediately adjacent to the Wright & Lord suite, I understand, are charged at full price. That simply isn't fair. I apologise if that isn't the case but that is what I understand at this time.

I don't want to be perceived as a doom merchant but, for me, barring the wonderful corporate hospitality of the PMG stand and the Berlin Wall, there are questions that need to be asked as to whether the match-day experience for the average joe is, in actual fact, a significant step up from what the North Stand offered at Crusty. There's a lesson here, I feel; it's all well and good creating excellent facilities for additional revenue streams (which really are unrivalled by any other Football Club in this division) but it is simply foolish to allow for any chance of the existing support to feel alienated, in any way. I'm not convinced that, once the initial delight and awe at the new stadium wanes in some inevitable way, there won't be more criticism from the average fan who cannot afford to pay for premium seats, etc.

Now, excuse me, I have to go and tell a load of children they're adopted.
The Fury

Postby Singapore Shrimp » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:33 am

its great that the club has a new stadium but there is really no excuse for building it with seats with restricted views like that.
Singapore Shrimp

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 am

I'm not surprised!!! - are these photo's really representative of the view from those seats? If so this makes all the other 'minor hiccups' seem just that

I haven't been yet but when I do I will make sure I don't get these seats - shocking!

My understanding was we were building a new football stadium..... With its primary function being to watch football in - what went wrong?

Should the minimum requirement not have been that every seat has a good view - fair enough bottle necks at turn stiles, queuing for food/beer, not enough toilets - these are all issues that you kind of expect and expect will get ironed out but short of removing those seats or rebuilding part of that stand there doesn't seem much hope of improving the view!

I think I saw something about putting boxes were these restricted view seats are? - If so why have the club put seats in here? - I can only think these pictures make the view look worse that it actually is as surely nobody would pay for that?
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:56 am

Best solution for these seats would be to reserve them for stewards/police, who are there to keep an eye crowd. There are only nine in the tiny block but I don't think the club could even sell these as restricted view.

As for the away fans; bit of a school boy error to not make the passage at least a couple of feet wider. Hope this doesn't result in the wall having to be pulled-down and rebuilt. Wasting money!
Wild Bill

Postby ExLandlord (HUFC) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 am

Arnside Red wrote:http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2726

is the view from part of the stand really that restricted, ive only stood behind the goals so far, top step (and to be honest view from there not perfect), the shots shown really dont do the place justice do they, hope this isnt the response from many travelling fans, CTFC havnt even been near the place yet

Looks pretty good to me....doubt the sight problem will be an issue too many times.

That last people you should be concerned about are Cheltenham fans ;)
ExLandlord (HUFC)

Postby ezz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 pm

The stadium is very good, 9 seats need fixing or using for different purposes. Everything else will be done in time. I just like the look of it, especially the fact that there is no big gap between the main stand and the stand behind the goals.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby bill ding » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:41 am

Sounds like the "corridor" behind the away stand could be going to be an issue.
My boss was in the away end last night and he was saying it was absolute chaos round the back of the stand even the police were going mad .
Never been round there but it sounds far from ideal.
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby BHmfc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 am

The quicker they create more space at the back of the away end the better, it is an accident waiting to happen. If anybody collapses at the back of there, they will never get them out. How it got a safety certificate i will never know. The solution is simple, there is loads of space on the outside of the wall, so just knock the wall down and build a new one several feet back.
BHmfc

Postby The Fury » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:22 am

The Fury

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 am

Bit supprised it even past H&S regulations hopefullt something can be done about this ASAP.
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Bit supprised it even past H&S regulations hopefullt something can be done about this ASAP.

i can see this getting sorted like a few flaws with the ground seeing the builders globe are still involved with the club and surly have to take pride with the ground they sponsor and there work

even though the architects employed seem to have lost that the fact it is a football ground

i would like to think Globe will amend these problems
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 pm

I think the board of MFC are now aware of the problems at the back of the away stand with both away fans, police and others complaining. Two big issues really loss of revenue - there's no way I'd try and queue in there and trhey must be losing £500 or more a match with people unwilling to buy - and health and safety. As my Burnley mate said, 'if someone had tripped up or a fight started', you could have serious crush injuries. Additionally I hate going to grounds where they treat away fans like shit and I really hope and expect we wouldn't do that to people who visit us. It's bad enough we bar away fans from the bar at the front - OK I can understand it with teams like Coventry, Burnley and Bradford and they could be the exceptions as opposed to the rule, but we've always been welcomed in mixed bars at Dagenham, York, Rochdale and many others. Stewards throwing out families with young kids from Rotherham out of the bar is pretty contemptable (do unto others as you would done unto yourself).

Finally no peas and gravy (or sauce) - the amount of people who are refusing to buy dry pies is ridiculous and must have hit sales. Bring back the pie girls PLEASE!
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Nowt worse than dry pies. Tha needs summat moist on 'em.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:34 pm

The club cannot provide peas and gravy without getting a change in the catering certificates they hold, having to provide 'cooking' equipment in the bars as opposed to 'heating' equipment. You will find we offer the same level of catering as pretty much every premier league club.
LA1Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 pm

The catering in the stands seems to be of the plastic varity untill we have proper food think people will give it a miss.
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:51 pm

nik wrote:The club cannot provide peas and gravy without getting a change in the catering certificates they hold, having to provide 'cooking' equipment in the bars as opposed to 'heating' equipment. You will find we offer the same level of catering as pretty much every premier league club.

Taking photos, in the first half I was stood in front of the Burnley fans. I heard one say "this pie is *****ng ****, I'd heard this lot had good food". It is a shame that the 'Best Pies in Football' reputation and award wasn't taken with us to The Globe :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:53 pm

PS: The pre-match food in the PMcG stand-restaurant looked superb though.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:11 pm

It is ;)
LA1Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Keith wrote:
nik wrote:The club cannot provide peas and gravy without getting a change in the catering certificates they hold, having to provide 'cooking' equipment in the bars as opposed to 'heating' equipment. You will find we offer the same level of catering as pretty much every premier league club.

Taking photos, in the first half I was stood in front of the Burnley fans. I heard one say "this pie is *****ng ****, I'd heard this lot had good food". It is a shame that the 'Best Pies in Football' reputation and award wasn't taken with us to The Globe :?

I did mention this after my first visit and unfortunately it's going end ours and the away supporters love affair with our beloved footy nosh, Time to reinstate the past and PROPER FOOD
HALMA 1983

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Can anyone name another football club that serves gravy and peas?
halftimeresults

Next

Return to General Discussion