Burton on Saturday

Burton on Saturday

Postby Burtontricky » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Shrimps.
Hope you are still loving league football like we are (the visit of Grimsby aside).
Just thought i point out this little gem of a pub that is about a minute from our ground in the car, or a 10 minute walk.
http://www.thewetmorewhistle.com/

Its very away fan friendly has a good range of real ales, imported draft lagers and does good food (though Oxford fans last week ate all the pies there was that many of them). There is also a good chippy right next door. And if you are stopping over there is usually live bands on a Saturday and a late late bar!

Have a good journey down.
Last edited by Burtontricky on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burtontricky

Re: Burton on Saturday

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks for that but we are Morecambe Shrimps not Southend Shrimpers. If you want to remain Away friendly then I suggest you edit your post P.D.Q.! :lol:
Will pop in Saturday if you change it ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Burtontricky » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:49 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Thanks for that but we are Morecambe Shrimps not Southend Shrimpers. If you want to remain Away friendly then I suggest you edit your post P.D.Q.! :lol:
Will pop in Saturday if you change it ;)

Oops. i stand duly corrected and apologetic :-)
Now corrected! I'll say hello on Saturday!
Burtontricky

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:27 am

Burtontricky wrote:Hi Shrimps.
Hope you are still loving league football like we are (the visit of Grimsby aside).
Just thought i point out this little gem of a pub that is about a minute from our ground in the car, or a 10 minute walk.
http://www.thewetmorewhistle.com/

Me and Doris had a jar there last season. We stayed in town, so were heading in the right direction.
It was a bit souless, just a couple of people having their breakfast, but it was only about 1130. No doubt it livens up at night, but I'm not too sure about it attracting loads of footie fans pre-match. Perhaps sending the flyer out worked the trick with the Oxford fans last week.
It's got a bit of a stage, ideal for Marky and Mary to do a pre-match karaoke :lol:
I reckon it's a good 20 minute walk from The Pirelli, via a not very exciting industrial estate.
Burton town centre is pretty lively on a Saturday night.
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion