team for Shrewsbury

team for Shrewsbury

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:59 am

If they're all fit I'd suggest it may be:

Roche

McStay Bentley Artell Adams

Wainwright Drummond Stanley Curtis

O'Carroll, Howe

With, I reckon, three possible alterations to that.

Davies may replace Roche. Parrish may replace McStay. Welsh, if he signs, may replace Wayne.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: team for Shrewsbury

Postby marky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:34 am

I'd prefer McStay in the middle in place of Artell, Howard in place of Adams, Parrish on the right, Davies in goal & the potential new guy on the left as opposed to the team you've suggested ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:38 am

Question is can we assume we will play "Saturdays team" tonight? I presume who does'nt play tonight will be in the reserves game tomorrow - but after the Forest game we were "jaded" afterwards and were not prepared for the weekend - fortunately we have one more days rest this week.

Programmes are only £1.50 tonight Alice :D

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co. ... 40,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:44 am

For what it's worth - and I know a lot of people on here don't like it but it stimulates good debate:

Roche
Yates Artell Bentley Adams

Wainwright Stanley Drummond Welsh

O'Carrol
Howe

I also think Parish, Howard,Mcstay & Twiss could easily deputise but I think this team could do well but hopefully Sammy will prove to us all why he is the manager!! :D
SkinnyShrimp

Postby The Fury » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:47 am

marky No.1 wrote:Question is can we assume we will play "Saturdays team" tonight? I presume who does'nt play tonight will be in the reserves game tomorrow - but after the Forest game we were "jaded" afterwards and were not prepared for the weekend - fortunately we have one more days rest this week.

Programmes are only £1.50 tonight Alice :D

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co. ... 40,00.html

If I were in Sammy's place I would be sorely tempted to put out a full strength squad tonight with the intention of trying to attain that elusive first win as soon as possible. The longer this winless streak continues - is it 11 games now? - then longer the dejection builds, I think. After the Bury game I couldn't help but notice how forlorn Jimbo looked as he applauded the fans. After a defeat for the club, I've never seen Jimbo look so defeated himself. A win tonight would serve as a decent way of building morale, I reckon. Therefore:

Roche

Parrish Bentley McStay Adams

Wainwright Hunter Drummond Curtis

Howe O'Carroll

Subs: Blinkhorn, Stanley, Howard, Artell, Davies
The Fury

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:54 am

Couldn't agree more with regard to taking this game very seriously and getting a win under our belt but on your team you don't even have Yates on the bench?
I haven't seen a lot of Parish but what I saw against Forrest I couldn't believe he had been picked ahead of Yates!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Couldn't agree more with regard to taking this game very seriously and getting a win under our belt but on your team you don't even have Yates on the bench?
I haven't seen a lot of Parish but what I saw against Forrest I couldn't believe he had been picked ahead of Yates!

Keep up young man or whoever you are. :lol:

Yates is now on loan at Burton.

As for tonight, experiment Sammy....

Another defeat for Saturday's team (minus Carr) could only do further harm to confidence in my view!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Couldn't agree more with regard to taking this game very seriously and getting a win under our belt but on your team you don't even have Yates on the bench?

Here's a question does anyone know if Howard can play right back? if not then it would be:-

Davies
Parish Jimbo McStay Howard

Wainwright Drummond Hunter Curtis/Welsh

Howe O'Carroll

I think we need McStay at CB to give us something different and a bit more pace.

If Howard could play at RB I would put him there and Adams on the left.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:12 pm

Well that explains it then! - thank you......but maybe I haven't seen enough of Parish to understand how he improves our back four?
SkinnyShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:13 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Well that explains it then! - thank you......but maybe I haven't seen enough of Parish to understand how he improves our back four?

I agree with you and was tempted to put Mcstay at RB but I think we really need him at CB and we have noone else to play RB at the moment.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Duffman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:13 pm

I'm surprised many have suggested Artell should be dropped. I think a Chester fan was quoted on here saying even though he had a 50 pence head and banana boots he wished he was still at Chester. I don't he's the best on the ball but his reading of the game is excellent.
Duffman

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:23 pm

Callum wrote:I'm surprised many have suggested Artell should be dropped. I think a Chester fan was quoted on here saying even though he had a 50 pence head and banana boots he wished he was still at Chester. I don't he's the best on the ball but his reading of the game is excellent.

What a memory you have ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=599&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Seems to be a strong support for McStay to partner Jimbo which I think is down to Artell's poor distribution and the lack of pace with both Artell & Jimbo in the middle together - either way I think it's in the middle of the park where we need changes first and I would like to see Stanley & Drummond start together and see what effect that has on taking some pressure off the defense and allowing us to get hold of the game and start taking the play to the oppostion through Wainright, O'Carrol & Howe.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Neither Bishop and Morrell, nor Strevens and Benson - two of the best attacking partnerships in the division - made much headway at all against Bents and Arts. They won nearly everything in the air between them and blocked the strikers' path through the middle to such good effect that they had to try their luck out wide.

From what I've seen so far, centre-back isn't where we need to improve.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:56 pm

____________________________Davies_______________________________________

Postby slackAlice » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:21 pm

That would do for me Weetabix Kid with the exception of I'd stick with Roche in goals. I don't think he's done an awful lot wrong to be honest - he's had a bit to do with the defence thats been in front of him. You don't want to start chopping and changing goalies. Were not going to stumble across another Joe Lewis - you could put Davies in - who I've nothing against and he makes a couple of howlers and then you've got a goal-keeping crisis. Give Roche another 8/9 games and see where we are.
slackAlice

Return to General Discussion