Up and running

Up and running

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:41 pm

we didnt play the best today but a points a point ....onwards and upwards - plus points today for me include parrish and mcready they looked brilliant at back
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Up and running

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:45 pm

A very good point and lets hope we can build on it next Saturday. Agreed Parrish was fantastic today and I don't think we'd have got a point without him. He made a fantastic tackle just before half time where im sure A.L.F would have scored otherwise.
Morecambe Jack

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:05 pm

I agree with you saying that parrish played well,but i think Stanley was fantastic today and my man of the match.Rundle looked good mcCready has looked excellent every time i have seen him!!!And what a sighing fleming looks to be :!: :D
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby London shrimp » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Centre backs excellent - that tackle was superb!
London shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:54 pm

rundle was pushing for MOM, but i think parrish shaded it and will be a revalation this season , bit of time for the new boys to gel and we will be up and laughing :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 pm

I thought Rundle was amazing today, very good on the ball! Fleming was also brilliant, gets stuck in and gives those big lads a shove around.

Parrish had a good game, the things that got him Man of the Match was his BRILLANT tackle on Le fondre, it was a definete goal otherwise, and at the other end the header that cut off the cross going to Le fondre again. Was deserveabley Man of the match!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Dazzer » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:59 pm

I thought a draw was a fair result, they were a big, physical and very well organised side, who will be up there again at the end of the season. When you think we have 5 new signings gelling in, not to mention a home ground that still must feel like an away one, it was'nt a bad point to pick up at all.

The MOM award must have been one of the easiest decisions ever, Parish is looking a revelation at center back, that tackle on Le Fondre was one of the best I've ever seen.
Dazzer

MAN OF THE MATCH

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Thought the choice was spot on for a change, but I have to say, our number 12, the west stand, were fantastic, as an old boy in the seats, the volume and look is great to behold, a sggestion for you lot for a new song for christie to the tune of attack :!:

A CAT
A CAT
A CAT A CAT A CAT :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Parish had a great game and it was a great tackle on Le Fondre, McCready also looked really good in the air and very assured at the back against some tall players. I thought the team played well, they got the ball down and played some good football. It's going to be nervy until we get that first win but on today's evidence it isn't far off.
jonnythedog

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:15 pm

It was last tuesday :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:19 pm

:mrgreen:

Oh yeah! How could I forget! :oops:
jonnythedog

Postby steve mfc » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:21 pm

A very hard earned point today with both teams tending to cancel each other out. Defensively we look very good, but the biggest improvement compared to last year is the protection that the midfield gives to the back line, no longer do teams just waltz through the centre of the park and get at our defence.

Rotherham looked a more solid outfit than last season and were hard to break down, cant see them loosing too many games. Agree with what other posters have said about Parrish and that tackle was timed to perfection.
steve mfc

Postby Opinionated » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:34 pm

steve mfc wrote:Rotherham looked a more solid outfit than last season and were hard to break down, cant see them loosing too many games.

Totally agree and from what I have read Wycombe matched that description as well. It wont be like that every week, even with a 4-5-1 we will still outplay teams who dont put an emphasis on being solid.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Well both teams had chances to win the game (Rotherham even more so) but in the end a draw was a fair result for both teams. I would expect Rotherham to be up at the top end of the table come May in fact I think they will finish in the top three. So even though it may not seem like much now picking a point up aganist teams like Rotherham could be vital come the buisness end of the season.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion