No ins and no outs....

No ins and no outs....

Postby Christies Child » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:41 am

Sammy was unable to complete any deals before the transfer window closed.

However unless I'm wrong the player(s) he was after are possibly un-attached and therefore are not subject to the window restrictions. No doubt somebody will tell me otherwise.

The emergency loan system kicks in next week so we could still loan out some of our squad.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: No ins and no outs....

Postby parkyboy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:01 am

Have we had many irons in the fire and has our poor start to the season had an impact on nobody joining us , or wage restrain the reason
parkyboy

Postby Christies Child » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:30 am

Wage restraint in my opinion.

As I read it, the need to loan players out to free up some money is the only way we can bring in fresh faces. I suspect, but I've nothing to base this on, that Howe's wages are part of the reason as to the club already at its capped level.

With hindsight some of Sammy's signings throughout his MFC tenure haven't exactly been as successful as everybody would have hoped. None more so than Sammy himself. But that's the nature of the beast. Out of all the signings throughout the game only a very small percentage prove successful.

Sammy must be as frustrated as we all are, seeing his recent crop not performong to the required level at the moment. However it's early days yet and I personally think that Parrish and Carr will come through, given time. Wainwright looks good, but for me Roach doesn't offer any more than Scott and I'm not sure what McCann's ideal position is.

My concern is that we seem to have built a large squad of players all probably on reasonably good money. But in the process ignored the need to develop our own talent. Something which no club can afford to do in my opinion. It seems that all the investment in developing a youth policy during the reign of the previous manager has been cast to one side which is a pity. However it's obviously been done with the full approval of the Board and with the commendable financial control that they have in place, it would be unfair to be too critical.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:15 am

Oooops!

Looks like I was too quick in suggesting that there was no 'Ins or Outs.' :oops: :oops: :oops:

With our believed targets not under contract to any club(s) at the moment, this may enable Sammy to bring somebody in on an initial month to month basis..but what the hell do I know...as has just been proved!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion