So what does everybody think of The Globe Arena?

Re: So what does everybody think of The Globe Arena?

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:16 am

Sharpy wrote:the wall made the whole thing feel like a training ground. programme sellers need to be better distributed, none near the turnstiles, one small lass selling programmes slumped against a wall trying not to attract attention from anyone- not much use. the home end needs more steps, plenty of room for them with that ultra wide back step, me and arnside red ended up sat on the boards at the back. the money all went in the main stand which looks fantastic. pitch looks awesome too, needs a few more advertising boards to stop the ball going out so often though. a lot of congestion after the match, very small gap between the corner of the home stand and the fence. mixed overall opinion.

Ned Sharp
durhamshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:23 am

To be fair to Sharpey he,s only saying as he sees it and does compliment some of the good things so I don't see his post as being a moan or being negative. The Club have asked for our opinions and they will address them as they have in the past. It is obviously nice to see that this board has become more customer friendly but I.M.O. without constructive, politely worded "anti" points of view none us us will learn from mistakes that may have been made. Early doors but I,m sure that what we have seen on the pitch has more than made up for these early niggles. Unless of course you only saw the last 5 mins of the game! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Duffman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:30 am

I think the board will be pretty chuffed with the feedback, all the negatives are about fans trying to spend more money. Issues with the food, drinks and programmes can be solved easily and make the club more money.
Duffman

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:37 am

After my comments about the seats at the back of block B & D I have heard and I am not sure how true this is that the club might not be able to sell these seats with the view been that bad.

With a possible sell out for Burnley I hope a soloution can be found as we want as many seats filled as possible.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:37 am

i know this is a sensitive subject

but if anybody noticed in the home end while people were struggling to get in after the announcement on the loudspeakers asking people to move up when it already looked packed out

then i think from the main stand we only counted six wheelchairs certainly no more than ten in them two areas what could have stood a extra sixty or more?

and am aware and dont need reminding of equal rites, but i would like to see a modern purpose built undercover disabled paddock in the north stand in time(like they do at a lot of grounds)

maybe it's something the club are already looking at in the future?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
George Dawes

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:27 am

I'm going to be controversial and say I prefer the away end to the home end :o

I like the fact that it's raised up a bit so will probably give a better view than if you are down at the front of the home end. However I do realise that they have put steps down to the front in the home end so the attendance is larger than the away end.

Also maybe it was because I was nearer the away end but the sound from the Coventry fans sounded good even when only a few of them were singing and the acoustics in there seemed really good with the lower roof. We are deff going to have to be a bit louder this season to drown out the away fans.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Previous

Return to General Discussion