How is the new home guys?

How is the new home guys?

Postby Dagenhamfan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Do you have a few pics for us to see?

Hope its an awesome season you have, whatever happens to us, it'd be great to see you lot go up. I might take a trip to the new ground and catch a match this season anyway, would i be welcome? ;)
Dagenhamfan

Re: How is the new home guys?

Postby ockers » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:00 pm

galleries are on the official site from last nights match at www.morecambefc.com
ockers

Postby Dagenhamfan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks!
Dagenhamfan

Postby Dagenhamfan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Looks really decent, great way to start your life there too!
Dagenhamfan

Postby AJC » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Some good photos on SV, hopefully the link below will direct you to these: -

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8594&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Some official club pictures from the game can be found at: -

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/Gallery ... 46,00.html

And general feedback from SV are on: -

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8579&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Personally, I was very impressed, perfectly matches the clubs current needs with an eye on the future for potential developments if/when need be.
AJC

Postby Dagenhamfan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:12 pm

The pics on SV are better.

The hoover one in particular!
Dagenhamfan

Postby Dagenhamfan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Whats the deal with the uncovered side? Its very slimline, doesn't look out of place with the ground (which looks cracking by the way, none of this bowl shaped flatpack shite there!) - i know its that safe standing thing they are testing or whatever, will it remain uncovered?
Dagenhamfan

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Dagenhamfan wrote:would i be welcome? ;)

You could probably wear your D&R shirt in the home end and still be very welcome!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:51 am

Dagenhamfan wrote:Whats the deal with the uncovered side? Its very slimline, doesn't look out of place with the ground (which looks cracking by the way, none of this bowl shaped flatpack shite there!) - i know its that safe standing thing they are testing or whatever, will it remain uncovered?

Due to the cost particularly of the fantastic main stand they had to scale back the uncovered side. Also due to the recession some grants that had been available previously were withdrawn.

Piling has apparently been done to enlarge/cover that side probably with more hospitality boxes as they sold the ones in the main stand quite easily.

Also the ends have been built with flexibility so that the grouund can be enlarged to a 10,000 capacity in the event of us being promoted.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:30 am

Keith wrote:
Dagenhamfan wrote:would i be welcome? ;)

You could probably wear your D&R shirt in the home end and still be very welcome!

Just in case dagenhamfan does turn up:

How to speak Essex !!

This is an invaluable guide......for those of lucky enough to be in conversation with an Essex person.

alma chizzit - A request to find the cost of an item

amant - Quantity; sum total ("Thez a yuge amant of mud in Saffend")

assband - Unable to leave the house because of illness, etc.

awss - A four legged animal, on which money is won, or more likely lost ("That awss ya tipped cost me a fiver t'day")

branna - More brown than on a previous occasion ("Ere, Trace, ya look branna today, ave you been on sunbed?")

cort a panda - A rather large hamburger

Dan in the maff - Unhappy ("Wossmatta, Trace, ya look a bit Dan in the maff")

eye-eels - Women's shoes

Furrock - The location of Lakeside Shopping Centre

garrij - A building where a car is kept or repaired(Trace: "Oi, Darren, I fink the motah needs at go in the garrij cos it aint working proper")

Ibeefa - Balaeric holiday island

lafarjik - Lacking in energy ("I feel all lafarjik ")

OI OI! - Traditional greeting. Often heard from the doorway of pubs or during banging dance tunes at clubs

paipa - The Sun, The Mirror or The Sport

reband - The period of recovery and emotional turmoil after rejection by a lover ("I couldn't elp it, I wuz on the reband from Craig")

Saffend - Essex coastal resort boasting the longest pleasure pier in the world. The place where the characters from TV's, popular soap opera, Eastenders go on holiday

tan - The city of London , the big smoke

webbats - Querying the location something or someone is. ("Webbats is me dole card Trace? I've gotta sign on in arf hour")

wonnid - 1. Desired, needed. 2. Wanted by the police

zaggerate - To suggest that something is bigger or better than it actually is. ("I told ya a fazzand times already")
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 am

Peter wrote:assband - Unable to leave the house because of illness, etc.

Saffend - Essex coastal resort boasting the longest pleasure pier in the world. The place where the characters from TV's, popular soap opera, Eastenders go on holiday

Pretty accurate that Peter but I thought an "assband" was married to the wife, and you have missed an "r" off Sarrfend
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion