Exciting, excellent, exuberant
Morecambe
In
New
Globe Arena 8-)
Plain Peter

Re: Morecambe fc vs Coventry City fc match thread

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:34 am

marky wrote:I thought we struggled to contain them in first 30 minutes and were quite lucky not to concede, but we started to get into our stride after that and it was great to be able to take a lead into half time in our first real attacking move of the match. In the second half I fet we were dominant and some of the football was fantastic at times. After our second goal I felt they fell apart somewhat and there was only ever going to be one winner. I was very impressed with all the new players. Fleming, Shuker and Rundle in particular had brilliant games. I can see why Sammy has gone for 4-5-1 now we play with two out and out wingers though it can sometimes leave Jevons a little isolated and I'm not convinced he's the right kind of player to be successful in that role. The one weak link last night was Moss. If we're not going to utilise any of our other players in that position then we may need to think about bringing someone in on loan because Moss looked a little out of his depth. We'll see how it goes. All the new guys looked head and shoulders above what we had last season and if we can play like we did in the second half all the time, we'll be more than a match for every team in League 2.

Agree a bit about Moss, he looked a bit out of his depth and maybe Haining could come in to replace him ifMoss doesnt play well
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 am

I thought everyone played very well last night, and about Moss, he did sometimes lose the ball, but he showed real heart when he chased back countless times to win the ball back, it showed how he wanted to do well, so credit to him for that!

All the new signings did extreamly well and if they play like they did last night, we are going to do well this season!

I thought Rundle looked great! He was very good on the ball and his crossing was good.
Shuker, his crossing technique was very odd, but boy does it work! Every ball was dangerous and looked like if someone got on the end of it, it would have been a goal.
Fleming, what a kid. Eye for goal, and he made space for himself effortlessly, what a great signing!
Scott, i honestly thought he was brilliant! Got back when needed and went forwards well and even played some killer passes to Shuker giving him space to cross, he looked like an excellent signing!
McCready, thought he looked very solid, him and Parish had a good combination already, he took a few knocks but was straight back up and looked like a hard fella!

Everyone on that pitch deserves all the praise we are giving them, they earnt it, they were all outstanding!

Well done to everyone involved in the team and board, a really good performance from the future of Morecambe Fc! :D :D :D :D
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:01 pm

This may become a trivia question in years to come, but did everyone notice that the first ever substitute at The Globe Arena was one Cyrus CHRISTIE, how very appropriate Mr Boothroyd.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:56 pm

bigreddog wrote:This may become a trivia question in years to come, but did everyone notice that the first ever substitute at The Globe Arena was one Cyrus CHRISTIE, how very appropriate Mr Boothroyd.

Yes, I thought that too.

Strange the comments about Moss. I thought he played very well. A couple of slips but nothing major, some excellent tackles and got forward well, especially in the first half. He may not have been MotM material but I certainly didn't view him as in any way a 'weak link'. No changes at the back on Saturday as far as I'm concerned.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby 1953 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Re ntini comment:-
think jimbo had scotty just!!!!!
(Please translate for crying out loud)

Postby Ntini » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:38 pm

1953 wrote:Re ntini comment:-

Do you mean ockers???

ockers wrote:thought Carl Baker was their best player
Stanners motm for me
think Jimbo had Scotty just..
but some great performances all over the park
well done lads!!!

I, too, wondered what all that was about. Had you had a few too many, Sean?
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ockers » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Ntini wrote:

Do you mean ockers???

Stanners motm for me
well done lads!!!

i was alcohol free last night not sure with having the car on match nights anyone of us working will be drinking at the globe
what i meant was jim rated scotty motm but only just
apologies
ockers

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Re about Moss: I think people already have a bad opinion on him due to him not having the best of starts. He did infact play very well last night and stopped baker where possible. Defensively he was sound, a couple of first touch passes went astray but in all fairness his options at the time were very limited.
I think he deserves the chance to win everyone over if they get rid of the negative view on him. Were used to players like yates at right back who were very good attacknig, Moss has his own style and to be honest makes an excellent partnership with shuker!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Ntini » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:11 pm

ockers wrote:
Ntini wrote:

Do you mean ockers???

Stanners motm for me
well done lads!!!

i was alcohol free last night not sure with having the car on match nights anyone of us working will be drinking at the globe
what i meant was jim rated scotty motm but only just
apologies

Thanks for clearing that one up, Sean! (And sorry for the false accusation!)
Interesting choice there by Jim. Scott was ever-present last night and went about his job well. But i would have to agree with you that Stanners ran his socks off last night and, in my opinion, put in the performance of his life (in a Morecambe shirt anyway)! I just wish he could have clipped that one in, but the post had other ideas...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ockers » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:41 pm

[quote="Ntini"][quote="ockers"][quote="Ntini"][quote="1953"]Re ntini comment:-
i just caught jim at the end of the game we were just chatting about the game i thought stanners did well and he thought scotty did really well but there good performances all over the park stanners was so unlucky what a cracking one two with jevo!!!
ockers

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:06 pm

ezz wrote:Re about Moss: I think people already have a bad opinion on him due to him not having the best of starts. He did infact play very well last night and stopped baker where possible. Defensively he was sound, a couple of first touch passes went astray but in all fairness his options at the time were very limited.
I think he deserves the chance to win everyone over if they get rid of the negative view on him. Were used to players like yates at right back who were very good attacknig, Moss has his own style and to be honest makes an excellent partnership with shuker!

Glad someone agreed with me!

I thought Stanners was very unlucky with the first half freekick too. Pretty faultless all over the pitch.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:08 pm

I can see why Sammy has gone for 4-5-1 now we play with two out and out wingers though it can sometimes leave Jevons a little isolated and I'm not convinced he's the right kind of player to be successful in that role.

i agree about the Jevons role in that formation

but the midfield lined up like that must be one of the best in L2, and if we can continue to play with that tempo every week, i can see us going up automatically

and McCready is exactly what i expected coming from Crewe a footballing center half comfortable on the ball

and if Fleming is on a 1year deal get him on a longer deal now!!
George Dawes

Postby marky » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Fleming has a 2 year deal.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Previous

Return to General Discussion