So what does everybody think of The Globe Arena?

So what does everybody think of The Globe Arena?

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:38 pm

In one simple word from me...EXCELLENT!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: So what does everybody think of The Globe Arena?

Postby 4G63 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Excellent! However there are a couple of things that could be improved on...

It took ages to get out of the Leg Before Wicket (or was it MBW?) Stand. The exits are relatively narrow so it isn't free flowing? Bit of a bottle neck there.

I hope we invest in some sort of scoreboard in the future

I think there will be a few moans about the North Terrace however we must stay open minded and remember that it is how it is so it can be developed in the future if needs must.
4G63

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:47 pm

Fantastic new arena, the club now seems even more proffesional :) A few little niggles though from our first experience in the home terrace (to be expected).

1. 1 food bar? The queue at halftime was huge, many people decided to give up and give it a miss.
2. The stand just isn't high enough for me, very little room for such a big crowd such as Tonights match, guess we'll get used to it though.

:D
Crooky MFC

Postby ockers » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:48 pm

keep these coming we can feature some in saturdays programme
what a fantastic night!!!
cheers sean
ockers

Postby George Dawes » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:52 pm

exactly what i expected just a big improvement from CP

and the smaller home end behind goal was a excellent idea to generate a more close knit atmosphere because it worked/works
George Dawes

Postby CASS » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Great venue..Crooky has a point,food bar needs a little tweeking and listening to Ken whilst taking a leak was novel. Pre match was a big step forward the Public bar is a great addition.
But tonight is not a night for moaning,No Sir.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby 4G63 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Maybe the club will have to get a mobile burger van in somewhere, somehow?

I'm glad these are all relatively minor niggles anyway. It shows that the build has been a success.
4G63

overall excellent although as already mentioned

Postby Arnside Red » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:04 pm

getting out of the standing area at the end of the game was difficult, no break in the safety barriers at all on the left side of the stand and the exit steps at the end only wide enough for a max of 2 people to get down at once, also very cramped tonight and difficult to see the whole pitch from the back row, still if the team play there like they did tonight will be able to put up with most of those issues, the main stand looked impressive as did the home end, the away end will be adequate for this division also
Arnside Red

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Overall absolutely fantastic - the main stand is clearly amazing and a top quality stand. The MBW stand I would have preferred to be slightly bigger but its still ok. I don't mind the north stand it looks ok - and we know its short term so thats absolutely fine. It makes it similar to christie park and so makes the move a little easier to get used to! I love walking down Christie Way and how professional it feels and looks.

Its clear its not completely finished yet with a lot of little things still needing doing but im sure they will be done very swiftly. I'd still like the barriers to be painted red and a scoreboard would be nice. I also hope that the front of the stadium is properly landscaped just to make it look more appealing at the front (assuming the future development there is not imminent)

I'm looking forward to getting a feel for it on a normal match day now on saturday!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Christie Top Cat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Atmosphere was electric in the MBW and main stand looks very up market but bring back PROPER PIES AND HOT DOGS and the cheery faces that served us the game more than made up for that small disappointment WELL DONE the team :) :)
Christie Top Cat

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Don't want to seem negative but the facilities in the MBW stand don't seem like any improvement on the beloved North Stand at CP. The food/bar seemed way too small and after 20 minutes queuing (missing the first ever goal!) I gave up. :(

The ground is still great overall, but feel like the hardcore support in the home end have been overlooked a little. No roof over the back of the stand won't be great when the weather goes down hill either.

Still, can't believe we have just beat a Championship team at our brand new ground
Wild Bill

Postby B.H.C #3 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 pm

MBW doesnt seem big enough.
Queued for around 25 minutes for food and drink. No carling, strongbow, pies or burgers!

Apart from that, stadium looks nice.
B.H.C #3

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 pm

suspect some fans will give up on the home stand and buy seating in the fantastic new stand as this will generate more revenue for the club,still a brill evening,coventry or whoever came were in for a difficult time.This squad looks stronger than last years where we only finished 4th,i think we have signed some real talent,rundle looks good but what about fleming how the hell are we goinbg to keep him
scalehallshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Not being negative here but hope they will be looking to maybe open another food and drinks bar in the MBW stand went for something at half time after waiting a few mins we gave up because we did'n want to miss the start of the second half.
Overall though very impressed had a walk round before the game it's a great ground :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:42 pm

At the end of the Play Off semi final v Dagenham i honestly thought that football at Morecambe wouldn't be the same again, however from the moment i walked up Christie Way having my first real life view of The Globe Arena all my fears subsided, this evening in one word was FANTASTIC.

From the bar and shop facilities to the stands to the football game FANTASTIC! I've been looking at all the photo's thinking yeah it looks great but its not the same, but i am really impressed and it is just like having a newer shinier version of Christie Park.

The atmosphere was a bit quiet to start and i think everyone was in awe of the surroundings but once it got going then it was great. I'm really looking forward to life at The Globe.

Now onto the team what a display from the team they knocked it around kept the ball on the floor and played some great stuff, Fleming looks a fantastic prospect and i hope he continues to improve. Rundle and Shuker especially look great and Paul Scott does nothing exceptional but he's always there playing the simple pass or breaking up an attack, a superb display from th ewhole team.

I felt like a kid at christmas as i walked up Christie Way, that excitement is still buzzing as i can't wait to see what this team produces for the rest of the season. Well done Sammy, Peter McGuigan and all the board on delivering a fantastic stadium, yes there will be a few teething troubles but surely we can all put up with them and enjoy life at The Globe. Well worth the 7 hour drive to be here!!!!
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby fletch_al » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 pm

felt very strange to be at 'home' and have it feel so foreign. There are a few things that people have already mentioned that niggle me but when you are so attached to christie park it is always hard to match up.

there are things that are worse, things that are better but theres only one thing for sure. Morecambe are on the up! What at christening!
fletch_al

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 pm

FANTASTIC, HOPE WE GET A FEW MORE BUMS ON SEATS WEEK IN WEEK OUT, TEAM DID THE BUSINESS, CHEERS MEN, 3000 ON SATURDAY WOULD BE AMAZING :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Curly » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Don't want to seem negative but the facilities in the MBW stand don't seem like any improvement on the beloved North Stand at CP. The food/bar seemed way too small and after 20 minutes queuing (missing the first ever goal!) I gave up. :(

The ground is still great overall, but feel like the hardcore support in the home end have been overlooked a little. No roof over the back of the stand won't be great when the weather goes down hill either.

Still, can't believe we have just beat a Championship team at our brand new ground

Definitely needs sorting out in the countrys wettest county :o
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:07 am

Curly wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Don't want to seem negative but the facilities in the MBW stand don't seem like any improvement on the beloved North Stand at CP. The food/bar seemed way too small and after 20 minutes queuing (missing the first ever goal!) I gave up. :(

Definitely needs sorting out in the countrys wettest county :o

Just put a reservoir next to it, that will be sure to keep the rain away
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Curly » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:12 am

Good thinking, Batman :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:07 am

Just got back fantastic performance great result, enjoyed my supper and was glad to see many friends later on. From MY point of view I would like to see FANS and NEW MONEY get on together I know this will ne a difficult transgression and there was frenzied debate after the game tonight :o

But we really need to sort this out guys and dolls .

Ps thank you to my glorious waitress who assisted me through this difficult time and made me very welcome :D :D :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Martin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:48 am

Excellent!

Clearly there are a lot of finishing touches and work to do but that didn't detract from how impressive the place is.

When the plans were announced, I was disappointed that one side would be uncovered, but the result gives an overall impression of an updated Christie Park therefore makes the transition easier.

There were the issues with queues at the refreshments and to exit at the end of the game, but I'm sure the club will be looking at ways to ease those. The reality is there won't be 4,000 there week in week out so the problems may not be so great. Also, some of the crowd in the Home End will be in the North Terrace from now on.

When I first started watching Morecambe as a kid, my childlike perspective of football grounds was that they all had floodlights in the corners. It always perplexed my young mind that Christie Park had them down the side. At last they fit my model of a ground (though it appears they still need a bit of tweeking - it was like a stage spotlight in the centre circle).

Main impressions for me were:

The compact design gives the place a warm, friendly feel and creates an atmosphere that we thought might not appear at the new build.

How quickly the ground seemed to be "home". The spirit of Christie Park seems to have been transferred to the Globe.

Stood in the Home End, the Main Stand looked awesome.

A great first night!
Martin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:32 am

Fantastic feel to the new place, and a fitting result!!
A real positive for me was the leg room in the main stand, great to sit in a seat and feel comfortable :D
Only downside was that there was absolutely no chance of being served at half time under the main stand, the queues were massive, so my lad said he missed his chips and gravy,like he had back at Christie.
Btw, Christie the Cat was hilarious, taking the p*** out of the Coventry subs warming up,
Also, a chuckle went up round me when a Coventry sub came on in the first half...his name was CHRISTIE! How strange is life! :D
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby dazmfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:10 am

FELT LIKE HOME... V GOOD START LETS KEEP IT GOING ...FLEMING SWEET AS ...NO SCORE BOARD ?
dazmfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:11 am

dazmfc wrote:NO SCORE BOARD ?

Not that old chestnut :lol:
HALMA 1983

Next

Return to General Discussion