Sammy sees the light

Sammy sees the light

Postby Ned » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Full marks to Sammy for not under estimating the power of public opinion. As posted elsewhere there is no guarrantee the Stanley is the complete answer but he is certainly worth his place above the less than dynamic duo of midfielders Sammy brought in. The problem now is how do you unload these millstones who are on 2 year contracts to make way for proper players.
Ned

Re: Sammy sees the light

Postby slackAlice » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Negative Ned wrote:Full marks to Sammy for not under estimating the power of public opinion. As posted elsewhere there is no guarrantee the Stanley is the complete answer but he is certainly worth his place above the less than dynamic duo of midfielders Sammy brought in. The problem now is how do you unload these millstones who are on 2 year contracts to make way for proper players.

I'm not sure about the 'power of public opinion' ; there's obviously something 'wrong' between the two of them , a personality clash? It's not the first time they've 'fallen out' and then had "clear[ing] the air talks". Whats to say the same won't happen again and you get more speculation about his long term future - its all disruptive and a bit of a distraction when 'winning' league games or not losing, is of the paramount importance.
Its not like Morecambe are a team who can allow one of their better players to play for the reserves or sit in the stands when there's a real battle on.
slackAlice

Postby Shrimpster » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:20 pm

sammy needs to see the light in the transfer market, and bring in the 'target's' he's had for weeks.
Shrimpster

Postby marky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:21 pm

I doubt it was public opinion that swayed him, but there must be some pressure for his employers who wouldn't want an asset sitting in the stands doing nowt for the next 2 years.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby D-EZ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:23 pm

Shrimpster wrote:sammy needs to see the light in the transfer market, and bring in the 'target's' he's had for weeks.

Ayee fair shout. We need to stop kidding ourselves. We need it sorting or this club is heading for serious trouble.
D-EZ

Postby D-EZ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:31 pm

We need to stop living in this false hope that we're going to survive. At this moment we are shit. We are shite. No fluency at all. Can't even string 3 passes together. I don't care what christies child or any has to say about this because i'm sure there sat at home on their computer, with their sammy mclroy desktop wallpaper having a diddle. We need to start getting realistic. You have to be ruthless to progress. Sammy Mclroy has done his bit, but maybe this is where we must get ruthless. Nonleague manager, yes please but I just don't think Sammy can hack it in the football league transfer market. He's buying low class players from lower leagues, and also taking other clubs rejects. Rene Howe perfect signing. But that's the only one. Andy Parrish? Bury reject. We need to stop thinking and dreaming about this shit stadium. Yeah it's beautiful but we need matters stabalizing on the pitch first. Get the money from the stadium and spend it on better players needed for us to make that push. I'm sure many here would rather have Joe Lewis than a new stadium in 5 years time? Spend money wisely. If we go down this year all stadium plans will be scrapped and then the rest of the forums will be like "I told you so." This is in no way a direct attack at anyone on this forum but people who defend Sammy when they know he's wrong at times need there heads checking. He got us here but can he get us any further? Time will tell. Would Sammy stay at the club if we got relegated? Hmmmm.........?
D-EZ

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:42 pm

Negative Ned wrote:Full marks to Sammy for not under estimating the power of public opinion. As posted elsewhere there is no guarrantee the Stanley is the complete answer but he is certainly worth his place above the less than dynamic duo of midfielders Sammy brought in. The problem now is how do you unload these millstones who are on 2 year contracts to make way for proper players.

D-EZ wrote:We need to stop living in this false hope that we're going to survive. At this moment we are shit. We are shite. No fluency at all. Can't even string 3 passes together. I don't care what christies child or any has to say about this because i'm sure there sat at home on their computer, with their sammy mclroy desktop wallpaper having a diddle. We need to start getting realistic. You have to be ruthless to progress. Sammy Mclroy has done his bit, but maybe this is where we must get ruthless. Nonleague manager, yes please but I just don't think Sammy can hack it in the football league transfer market. He's buying low class players from lower leagues, and also taking other clubs rejects. Rene Howe perfect signing. But that's the only one. Andy Parrish? Bury reject. We need to stop thinking and dreaming about this shit stadium. Yeah it's beautiful but we need matters stabalizing on the pitch first. Get the money from the stadium and spend it on better players needed for us to make that push. I'm sure many here would rather have Joe Lewis than a new stadium in 5 years time? Spend money wisely. If we go down this year all stadium plans will be scrapped and then the rest of the forums will be like "I told you so." This is in no way a direct attack at anyone on this forum but people who defend Sammy when they know he's wrong at times need there heads checking. He got us here but can he get us any further? Time will tell. Would Sammy stay at the club if we got relegated? Hmmmm.........?

How can you question these players after 4 games FFS? How do you know that if Stanners paired up with Carr or McCann the latter could become a star-player? Parrish was brilliant at Wycombe and McCann was brilliant at Bury yet after one poor game with Carr you use it as an opportunity to have a dig at Sammy AGAIN. I really do hope the new lads have been discouraged to read SV, it is beyond me that we are supposed to be so friendly that we can't give each other stick on here but you get away with comments like i've highlighted about our players!! And to question Sammys job after 4 games after everything he's done is pathetic, yes i've only lived to see the "glory days" of Jimmy Harvey but I know who I'd rather have. If your views were ever used as a representation for Morecambe fans alike, quite frankly i'd be embarrassed :evil:
Bare Ben

Postby campdave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 pm

I think all of us at Shrimpsvoices should personally take the time to thank Negative Ned for the him spent in trying to guide our manager to the correct decision :lol:
campdave

Postby D-EZ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:45 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

D-EZ wrote:We need to stop living in this false hope that we're going to survive. At this moment we are shit. We are shite. No fluency at all. Can't even string 3 passes together. I don't care what christies child or any has to say about this because i'm sure there sat at home on their computer, with their sammy mclroy desktop wallpaper having a diddle. We need to start getting realistic. You have to be ruthless to progress. Sammy Mclroy has done his bit, but maybe this is where we must get ruthless. Nonleague manager, yes please but I just don't think Sammy can hack it in the football league transfer market. He's buying low class players from lower leagues, and also taking other clubs rejects. Rene Howe perfect signing. But that's the only one. Andy Parrish? Bury reject. We need to stop thinking and dreaming about this shit stadium. Yeah it's beautiful but we need matters stabalizing on the pitch first. Get the money from the stadium and spend it on better players needed for us to make that push. I'm sure many here would rather have Joe Lewis than a new stadium in 5 years time? Spend money wisely. If we go down this year all stadium plans will be scrapped and then the rest of the forums will be like "I told you so." This is in no way a direct attack at anyone on this forum but people who defend Sammy when they know he's wrong at times need there heads checking. He got us here but can he get us any further? Time will tell. Would Sammy stay at the club if we got relegated? Hmmmm.........?

How can you question these players after 4 games FFS? How do you know that if Stanners paired up with Carr or McCann the latter could become a star-player? Parrish was brilliant at Wycombe and McCann was brilliant at Bury yet after one poor game with Carr you use it as an opportunity to have a dig at Sammy AGAIN. I really do hope the new lads have been discouraged to read SV, it is beyond me that we are supposed to be so friendly that we can't give each other stick on here but you get away with comments like i've highlighted about our players!! And to question Sammys job after 4 games after everything he's done is pathetic, yes i've only lived to see the "glory days" of Jimmy Harvey but I know who I'd rather have. If your views were ever used as a representation for Morecambe fans alike, quite frankly i'd be embarrassed :evil:

I'm quite embarassed at the way you can't get you're tounge out of his arse. It's pathetic. We need to get ruthless. Simple as. When were back in the conference you will see. Act now or we will forever be thinking "what could of been." It's not actually a dig at the players. It's a dig at the way Sammy has handled the transfer market. So read the whole post yeah?
D-EZ

Postby Sammy h » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but i think Sammy has been in charge for more than four games? :lol: :lol:
Sammy h

Postby campdave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:49 pm

D-EZ wrote:
I'm quite embarassed at the way you can't get you're tounge out of his arse. It's pathetic. We need to get ruthless. Simple as. When were back in the conference you will see. Act now or we will forever be thinking "what could of been." It's not actually a dig at the players. It's a dig at the way Sammy has handled the transfer market. So read the whole post yeah?

Don't hold back, tell us what you think yeah? :lol:

All I've got to say on the matter is it's easier to sit on an internet forum saying how Sammy has made this mistake or that mistake, and should have signed this or that player. Players don't grow on trees, we can't just snap our fingers and go and sign the next Thommo, Baker, Carlton or Blackburn just like that.

All managers make duff signings - Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho and Benitez have all bought some Christmas size turkeys over the years.
campdave

Postby Trevor » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Who signed Howe, Wainwright and O'Carroll? They all look okay to me and, now that the latter is fully fit again, I think he'll start playing from the start.
Perhaps with Stanners and Drummy in the middle - remind me, who signed them?

And while we're at it, who signed Louis Saha, or that Chinese bloke 'Dong', and who turned Diego Forlan into a flop?
Trevor

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:52 pm

D-EZ wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

You're telling me that calling Andy Parrish a Bury reject is not a dig at the player? And I quoted Negative Ned first for digs at players, so read the whole post yeah? To**er.
Bare Ben

Postby D-EZ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:53 pm

campdave wrote:
D-EZ wrote:

Don't hold back, tell us what you think yeah? :lol:

All I've got to say on the matter is it's easier to sit on an internet forum saying how Sammy has made this mistake or that mistake, and should have signed this or that player. Players don't grow on trees, we can't just snap our fingers and go and sign the next Thommo, Baker, Carlton or Blackburn just like that.

All managers make duff signings - Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho and Benitez have all bought some Christmas size turkeys over the years.

Yes you're point is exactly right. Players don't grow on trees. They are nurtured and grown. Hence why money should not be spent on the stadium and spent on new players and the academy. Crewe alexandra have invested heavily in their academy and look at players they've brought up. Billy Jones, Dean Ashton, Nicky Maynard, Luke Varney to name a few. Sammy should not of let Carl Baker go. You cannot stand in a players way you say? But you can as he was under contract. He could of made Baker stay for this season as we find our feet then sell him on the next. Sammy was powerless against Thommo and Blackburn but obviously they thought the club wern't moving forward. The same way I feel at this moment.
D-EZ

Postby campdave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 pm

D-EZ wrote:Sammy should not of let Carl Baker go. You cannot stand in a players way you say? But you can as he was under contract. He could of made Baker stay for this season as we find our feet then sell him on the next. Sammy was powerless against Thommo and Blackburn but obviously they thought the club wern't moving forward. The same way I feel at this moment.

Stockport offering £175,000 for him probably took the decision out of the managers hand.
campdave

Postby D-EZ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 pm

You're telling me that calling Andy Parrish a Bury reject is not a dig at the player? And I quoted Negative Ned first for digs at players, so read the whole post yeah? To**er.[/quote]

Hmm tosser yeah? Andy Parrish you're best mate now? He's not league 2 standard. People need to be telling the truth.
D-EZ

Postby Mark S » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Got to say that I am in agreement with Ben on this. Far too early to write off the players that have come in over the summer. Neil Wainright has been conveniently forgotten in the condemnation of Sammys transfer skills. IMO He will be Player of The Year this season. A great signing who continues to impress.

Give these lads a chance for Gods sake. Lets see how different combinations work. While we are at it, give the management a chance. If it wasnt for them, we wouldnt even be playing League football.

I really hope Sammy doesnt read this messageboard. Having said that, it would probably give him a laugh. :lol:

Edit: I was with Ben until he started getting personal again.
Mark S

Postby D-EZ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:56 pm

campdave wrote:
D-EZ wrote:Sammy should not of let Carl Baker go. You cannot stand in a players way you say? But you can as he was under contract. He could of made Baker stay for this season as we find our feet then sell him on the next. Sammy was powerless against Thommo and Blackburn but obviously they thought the club wern't moving forward. The same way I feel at this moment.

Stockport offering £175,000 for him probably took the decision out of the managers hand.

So you're saying the boardroom could of possibly underminded Sammy? What is going on at this club ? Many manager walk out when the board start picking and choosing players. Think of a certain Vladimir Romanov.
D-EZ

Postby Sammy h » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:57 pm

Sometimes it makes me wonder how many brain cells are in the terraces at Morecambe fc.
Sammy h

Postby campdave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:57 pm

D-EZ wrote:
So you're saying the boardroom could of possibly underminded Sammy? What is going on at this club ? Many manager walk out when the board start picking and choosing players. Think of a certain Vladimir Romanov.

It's not what I'm saying at all. Interpret it how you like.
campdave

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Mark S wrote:Edit: I was with Ben until he started getting personal again.

Thankyou Mark but I can't say I was particularly pleased to be told how my tongue was in Sammy McIlroys arse ;)
Bare Ben

Postby Mark S » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:02 pm

Well, once again it has degenerated into personal abuse.

Ben and D Ez. Asking you both nicely to quit with the childish abuse. Only asking once.
Mark S

Postby Number 1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:19 pm

Whilst I'm not too keen on the tone and ferocity of D-EZ's post, you have to agree that they make some salient points albeit I think that we will survive. Chester, Barnet and Macclesfield will all have a say in the "Being shit" stakes I think.

The most salient point they make is when he says "At this moment we are shit". It's true, we are. A lot of people say it's because Stanley and Drummond aren't in the team because of Sammy's fall outs. The main thing is that as I have alluded to in my posts before, at least we can get better whilst the minus points teams are playing catchup.

Unfortunatly, it's well known that Morecambe don't pay the best wages, and whilst that situation exists, as well as our geographical location, Sammy will have his work cut out attracting the better players for the division. Once more money comes in and the new ground and website and hopefully commercial activities start to pay more, so we should be able to compete on more equal terms.

If I do have a criticism of Sammy, it's the way he can ostracise players when clearly that harms the team. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is passionate, but I think he might well bear a grudge too much. Discipline a player by all means, but hurt the player in the pocket with fines, rather than punish the team or (eventually) the fans. That way they'll get the message.

What I would ask D-EZ is: assuming you sack Sammy, who would you bring in? Which players would you bring in, and do you think they will come to Morecambe for what you can pay them?
Number 1

Postby Muzzer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:28 pm

Mark S wrote:Well, once again it has degenerated into personal abuse.

Ben and D Ez. Asking you both nicely to quit with the childish abuse. Only asking once.

i dont understand why they both cant just speak their mind... even if it is aggressive

they both have just as much right as you have
your talking about bulling, and all your doing is banning comments which could well be an important post! there is no need for it!
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:36 pm

I do not think mark would bump things lightly, he is a reasonable bloke, when you make a post and someone comes back with something a bit shirty or personal you can get your hekkles up and maybe reply in a nasty way, at the end of the day we all support the same team, have a variety of views, and have a duty to keep debate civil, imo.
PUNKISDEAD

Next

Return to General Discussion