The Day has Arrived.

The Day has Arrived.

Postby shrimpinho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:49 am

:D YES

only 11 hours, (not counting or anything) till kick-off arrives. I can't wait and i do truely believe something special will happen tonight.

Would just like to take this oppourtunity to thank the board for all their hard work over the years to get us to this point. We are very lucky to have such committed owners, with a buisness mind who know how to run a football club in the right way, so again thanks.

Also as a new comer to SV's I have noticed some certain negativity but I would hope some of this is down to frustration, lack of football and the certain performance in South Africa that has let temperants boil over at points. HOWEVER, we are here, the Globe is open and we should all now get behind the boys, make OUR home a fortress and push them into another top six finish.

I'm also going to thank the guys down on the construction site, (I may get shot down for this). Yes it was delayed but there is no doubt that hard work has been grafted from most, and remembering that these people are normal football fans like ourselves, again I offer thanks.

That is all. I hope work goes fast. See you all at the Globe tonight ;)
shrimpinho

Re: The Day has Arrived.

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:54 am

well said that man...i agree one hundred percent with everything you said..excitement is building
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:00 am

Yes, I'm also 100% with you as well this is my last quick look at SV before I'm leaving for a 4 day break in I hope sunny Morecambe to take in the first 2 games at the Globe, only thing is I have to be back in Norwich at 9pm on Saturday evening, 4 hours Morecambe to Norwich well fingers crossed!!!!
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:02 am

A lot of the lads that have toiled and sweated their butts off for the last 51 weeks will be there tonight, some to enjoy what they have achieved and some voluntarily keeping their eyes on things. A round of applause for them is deserved I.M.O.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:04 am

watch out for the speed cameras on way back to norwich suffolk shrimp lol
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 am

very excited at the moment, a really big game to kick off the new Globe era off. had to watch this just to wet my appetite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7HDG1F8Q_g

apologies to shrimper in advance, in fact look away now.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Christie Top Cat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:37 am

Well said Shrimpino, wish I could put words together like some of you. Roll on time to get down there and see the team run out for the first time :) :) :) Good luck to the team and and the management for a successful opening game
Christie Top Cat

Postby Morecambe Player » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 am

I'm afraid I'm (Lance) still out of the country so I'm gutted I can't be there tonight but I'll be there in spirit and look forward to being there Saturday!

Hope you all enjoy the new surroundings and the boys can do themselves proud!
Morecambe Player

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 am

Can't wait should be a great night :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:05 am

Morecambe Player wrote:I'm afraid I'm (Lance) still out of the country so I'm gutted I can't be there tonight but I'll be there in spirit and look forward to being there Saturday!

Hope you all enjoy the new surroundings and the boys can do themselves proud!

Me and Doris are logistical absentees too.
So ditto.
Plain Peter

Postby Ntini » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:21 pm

20 mins and I'm on my way. I'm more excited than a dyslexic blond finishing a crossword!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm

1hr left at work, never known an afternoon to drag as much!!!
Weetabix Kid

Postby John L » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:19 pm

I've been waiting in all day for my new camera to eventually arrive (thanks Parcel Dave! 8-) ) but not sure if the battery will be charged in time for tonight, so the trusty old mobile might have one last session! Hoping to have a drink in the York after a chippy tea, before riding down in style on the open-topper! Win or lose, tonight will be a special night which I'm sure everyone will be pleased to see pass smoothly one way or the other! Come on you Shrimps!!! :D :D :D
John L

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:52 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:watch out for the speed cameras on way back to norwich suffolk shrimp lol

I'll be fine as long as it doesn't take me 40 minutes to get through Lancaster again!!!!!
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Woke at 4.30 am and just couldnt get back to sleep but wasnt it worthwhile walking up Christie Way seeing the floodlights on, entering the Arena for the first time and feeling so proud of that performance :D :D :D
Blackburn shrimp

Return to General Discussion