Team for tomorrow...

Team for tomorrow...

Postby Sammy h » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:11 pm

What team do we all think Sammy will play tomorrow? Really hope we play with two upfront.

Roche
Parrish Haining McCready Wilson
Shuker Stanley Scott Rundle
Jevons Mullin
Sammy h

Re: Team for tomorrow...

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Sammy h wrote:What team do we all think Sammy will play tomorrow? Really hope we play with two upfront.

Roche
Jevons Mullin

seriously! that is exactly the same team id start with, then id be looking to get some of our younger lads involved for the last 30mins ie. Fleming, Spencer, Duffy, Hendrie

and play with no fear just attack them relentlessly
Last edited by George Dawes on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Roche

Haining scott mcCready wilson

shuker fleming stanley rundle

jevons hendrie

I am so exited!!COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby Sammy h » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Yeah, i might add that i haven't seen any of our new players play :lol: I have seen Scott + Rundle at their previous clubs, just going off reports and personal opinion.

I can feel something special going down!!
Sammy h

Postby parceldave » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Sammy h wrote:Yeah, i might add that i haven't seen any of our new players play :lol: I have seen Scott + Rundle at their previous clubs, just going off reports and personal opinion.

I think you will find that if Jimbo is fit , he will be leading the team out tomorrow without doubt. ;)
parceldave

Postby Sammy h » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 pm

parceldave wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Yeah, i might add that i haven't seen any of our new players play :lol: I have seen Scott + Rundle at their previous clubs, just going off reports and personal opinion.

I think you will find that if Jimbo is fit , he will be leading the team out tomorrow without doubt. ;)

I see your point, fair enough he has been a great servant for the club, but we can't play players just so they can lead their team out at a new stadium.

Roche to lead the players out with the centre backs stated above. I think you will find Bentley will play a hand full of games this season.
Sammy h

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 pm

I saw a few hilights from the game and from what I saw from McCready I was particuarly impressed (I am a very experienced defender even though I'm only 13 but that might make me a bit picky) so here's my line up.

Roche
Parrish Scott Haining Wilson
Drummond
Shuker Stanley Rundle
Jevons Mullin

I thought our main problem with defending was that we couldn't get our centre midfielders back to help out our defence, but by putting Drummond there that will hopefully break down other team's attacks.
Little Shrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Sammy h wrote:
parceldave wrote:

I see your point, fair enough he has been a great servant for the club, but we can't play players just so they can lead their team out at a new stadium.

Roche to lead the players out with the centre backs stated above. I think you will find Bentley will play a hand full of games this season.

I see your point too, but Jimbo is Mr Morecambe in a lot of people's eyes , and i will put money on it that if he is fit he will be Captain, might only be for the first half though if SM remembers how to make substitutions. ;)
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:36 pm

i wouldn't complain if a fit Bentley did start and i did say on a previous thread id start with Bentley for this one and the first few games of the season to sort things out on the pitch and help the new players gell

but it appears Haining as recovered a lot quicker than Bentley to fitness than expected
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:39 pm

parceldave wrote:
I see your point too, but Jimbo is Mr Morecambe in a lot of people's eyes , and i will put money on it that if he is fit he will be Captain, might only be for the first half though if SM remembers how to make substitutions. ;)

Now you're just being silly Dave!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Will someone be doing a job on Mr. Baker I wonder?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ockers » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:41 pm

i cant see the starting 11 being any different from saturday to be honest
ockers

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:51 pm

bentomlinsonMFC wrote:Roche

Haining scott mcCready wilson

shuker fleming stanley rundle

jevons hendrie

I am so exited!!COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

This would be my team also, but think it unlikely that Sammy will leave Drummond and Bentley out of the starting line up.

SV's seem to be rippling with static tonight! Sort of understandable I suppose :D
Caged Lion

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Sammy h wrote:What team do we all think Sammy will play tomorrow? Really hope we play with two upfront.

Roche
Jevons Mullin

Wouldn't disagree with you there mate , then inject abit more pace and youth as the game goes on (Spender, Hendrie, Duffy) :D
Crooky MFC

Postby bigreddog » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:42 pm

from what I've heard and seen, we did pretty well on saturday so I wouldn't be surprised if Sammy decides if you've got the shirt, you keep the shirt. otherwise the only difference would be two up front, but going gung ho against a side two divisions ahead of us is hardly prudent and especially when we'll be welcoming back a player who will want to show us what quality he has.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby parceldave » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:33 pm

bigreddog wrote:from what I've heard and seen, we did pretty well on saturday so I wouldn't be surprised if Sammy decides if you've got the shirt, you keep the shirt. otherwise the only difference would be two up front, but going gung ho against a side two divisions ahead of us is hardly prudent and especially when we'll be welcoming back a player who will want to show us what quality he has.

There were 1 or 2 who didn't perform too well on Saturday (no shots on goal), so there could be some changes and playing 2 up front isn't exactly gun ho. Remember the best form of defence is Attack. ;)
parceldave

Postby Ntini » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Roche
Jevons Mullin

I think that's a pretty good shout, so long as nobody has picked up a knock. I think he will look to play 2 up front at home and then the five across midfield in away games. Stanley, Drummond or Scott? It's a tough call in anyone's book. But, despite my fondness for our former captain, I'd also have to go with Drummond on the bench. I'm not sure he's as fit as he used to be and, from the reports I've read, I'd like to see Scott pairing up with Stanners.

Sammy knows best, though, and I'll trust in his decision tomorrow night. I really can't wait!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:52 pm

parceldave wrote:
bigreddog wrote:from what I've heard and seen, we did pretty well on saturday so I wouldn't be surprised if Sammy decides if you've got the shirt, you keep the shirt. otherwise the only difference would be two up front, but going gung ho against a side two divisions ahead of us is hardly prudent and especially when we'll be welcoming back a player who will want to show us what quality he has.

There were 1 or 2 who didn't perform too well on Saturday (no shots on goal), so there could be some changes and playing 2 up front isn't exactly gun ho. Remember the best form of defence is Attack. ;)

I dont know where they get that "no shots on target" stat from.

On the BBC highlights Rundle ran through , shot and the keeper saved it and from the rebound Jevons also had a shot on target but the defender blocked it with his body.

I think Mullers will start tomorrow but who goes out of the team for him is anyones guess.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ockers » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:55 pm

[There were 1 or 2 who didn't perform too well on Saturday (no shots on goal),

care to elaborate dave?
ockers

Postby ockers » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:56 pm

i cant see the starting 11 being any different from saturday to be honest
ockers

Postby parceldave » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:32 pm

ockers wrote:[There were 1 or 2 who didn't perform too well on Saturday (no shots on goal),

care to elaborate dave?

You were there Sean as well as me , and im sure from your observations you know that some experienced players underperformed and maybe i should have said "no shots on target". If you want further elaboration young ;) man , we can discuss it over a beer on Saturday. ;)
parceldave

Postby Morectalk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:49 pm

I would really like to see Stanners up his game this season. He has been a 7/10 player for a while but I think it is time he started to take more games by the scruff of the neck and start dictating the play more. He shows flashes of what he can do but more consistant displays would be great for the team this season - IMO !! :)
Morectalk

Postby Sammy h » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Ntini wrote:

Roche
Jevons Mullin

I

Sammy knows best, though, and I'll trust in his decision tomorrow night. I really can't wait!

Thanks for your trust.
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion