From the Wycombe point of view

From the Wycombe point of view

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:22 pm

http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=207962

Not being there it's impossible to tell if this is an inaccurate report, no doubt the following faithful will be able to tell.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: From the Wycombe point of view

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Well I can't connect to that link being miles away from home but for me Wycombe in the 1st half showed the best performance I have seen in L2! Quite honestly we did well not to be stuffed 4.0 Ub the 1st 45. Shame we went down to that f*** penalty fiasco. The team look good bar the odd pass and opening up of the defence. Shuker is Shit hot and covered miles. Rundle could just about keep up with him. I will guarantee goals from both. Jev was lost without a partner. McCready was superb for me today . We won't get a harder game. After the match we went in the lounge and Waddock was interviewed by Alan Parry. Waddock was very fair in his appraisal and its nice to see MFC respected. An aftermatch fans/players interview like they have could go down well with us. Although we lost I am very optimistic from what I have seen today :D :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Sounds like a promising performance then! Here is the interview with Gary Waddock http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 842732.stm - no interview with Sammy, Radio Lancashire don't seem to upload them unlike most other local bbc radio stations.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Wycombe in the 1st half showed the best performance I have seen in L2! Quite honestly we did well not to be stuffed 4.0 Ub the 1st 45. Shame we went down to that f*** penalty fiasco. The team look good bar the odd pass and opening up of the defence.

Interesting that you should say that because I thought Wycombe were really good, their second goal was a sizzler. Maybe their defence wasn't as good as their midfield and excellent attackers, but if this is relegation material from Div 1 we will need to be scorching hot to compete next season.

2-0 looks bad, but it wasn't a bad performance from Morecambe at all. The new guys contributed significantly. Considering that they barely know each other and Shuker only stepped off the plane this morning, they were impressive. I think that everyone who is going to the next 2 games at The Globe will be equally impressed.

Said it before and will re-iterate...Sammy has done us proud. So get right behind the team because it is going to be a another good season.

One final point. The atmosphere was almost surreal at times. Adams Park looks good and there were enough Wycombe fans to have created noise but they didn't. I kind of like the banter and aggro from the northern fans a lot more, it pumps things up. For most of the game we could hear Baz shouting out his instructions from the other end of the field. Wycombe played well, but it was more like a pre-season game where nobody could be arsed to sing. Our singers were depleted today but I have to give a round of applause to the dozen or so who ploughed on manfully with the singing.
Caged Lion

Postby ockers » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:55 am

One final point. The atmosphere was almost surreal at times. Adams Park looks good and there were enough Wycombe fans to have created noise but they didn't. I kind of like the banter and aggro from the northern fans a lot more, it pumps things up. For most of the game we could hear Baz shouting out his instructions from the other end of the field. Wycombe played well, but it was more like a pre-season game where nobody could be arsed to sing. Our singers were depleted today but I have to give a round of applause to the dozen or so who ploughed on manfully with the singing.[/quote]

interesting point you make
i made a scribbling in my notes yesterday
83rd minute home fans finally start to get behind the team
at 2 0 up
only sing when theyre winning then?
ockers

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:47 am

Christies Child wrote:http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=207962

Not being there it's impossible to tell if this is an inaccurate report, no doubt the following faithful will be able to tell.

Excellent report, very accurate.

I think the key issue for me as in the first half, Jevons was lost playing on his own. Although we only conceded from a penalty, as the report says, we could have been buried by half time. Then when we had two up front in the second half, we battered Wycombe and probably deserved something from the game over-all. So please, lets just go to win rather than letting the opposition dictate and attack us.

We failed to have two shots on target then the whole game which was frustrating, especially as it was killed off by a screamer, which I could see was going in the moment it left their lad's foot. But, I am confident that we won't have that many teams keep a clean sheet against us. In summary, disappointed to have lost but not despondent.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:19 am

It sounds like we played ok.

The midfield sounds strong and Drummy will have to up his game to hold off Fleming.

Rundle will be a good signing for us and Shuker too will be excellent.

Wycombe are one of those bogey teams for us a bit like Exeter (pre Wembley 2007) and defeat was not a total shock.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:42 am

yes I agree heysham shrimp...we have played wycombe seven times drawing three and losing four and only scored two goals in process so not a massive shock
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:50 am

Considering that Wycombe have played and won 9 pre season games and we've played 6 non of which have been at home, yesterdays performance against one of the pre-season favourites was very encouraging and argues well for the season ahead.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Excellent report, very accurate.

Have to agree with you Keith and the Wycombe managers assessment too. First half our centre midfield was being outplayed and the movement up front, especially from Betsy was causing us lots of problems but i thought we defended quite well considering the amount of pressure we were under. Penalty was a bit harsh i thought . Second half we actually started to play football and put them under pressure for a change with Stanners getting more and more involved, but unfortunetly the end product wasn't there with no shots on target. I think with the amount of posession we had in the second half we should have had two strikers as Jevons was ineffective for most of the game to be honest. Then Pitman comes off the bench , one chance,turns his marker and bang , its in the back of the net.

Positives from yesterday , all the new guys played well , we kept the ball on the deck as much as possible and played some entertaining stuff. :D

Negatives from yesterday, still short of pace up front , not testing their goallie and LATE substitutions again. :(
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pm

parceldave wrote:Excellent report, very accurate.

Have to agree with you Keith and the Wycombe managers assessment too. First half our centre midfield was being outplayed and the movement up front, especially from Betsy was causing us lots of problems but i thought we defended quite well considering the amount of pressure we were under. Penalty was a bit harsh i thought . Second half we actually started to play football and put them under pressure for a change with Stanners getting more and more involved, but unfortunetly the end product wasn't there with no shots on target. I think with the amount of posession we had in the second half we should have had two strikers as Jevons was ineffective for most of the game to be honest. Then Pitman comes off the bench , one chance,turns his marker and bang , its in the back of the net.

Positives from yesterday , all the new guys played well , we kept the ball on the deck as much as possible and played some entertaining stuff. :D

Negatives from yesterday, still short of pace up front , not testing their goallie and LATE substitutions again. :(

cheers dave! i always appreciate your honest feedback on away trips lad :)
George Dawes

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:30 pm

parceldave wrote: First half our centre midfield was being outplayed and the movement up front, especially from Betsy was causing us lots of problems but i thought we defended quite well considering the amount of pressure we were under.

They'd have looked ordinary without him. The bloke ran the show.

parceldave wrote: Penalty was a bit harsh i thought.

Awful decision. Neither player saw each other, and the attacker was given the benefit. I noticed the ref look for reassurance from the linesman, who was 80 yards away running the other line. Why wasn't Shuker booked?

parceldave wrote: Then Pitman comes off the bench , one chance,turns his marker and bang , its in the back of the net.

When his name got announced as coming on, you could sense that extra bit of anticipation from their crowd. Excellent goal, bit like Duffy's at Shrewsbury. It's a wide pitch, great for running at, and turning defenders.

parceldave wrote: Positives from yesterday , all the new guys played well , we kept the ball on the deck as much as possible and played some entertaining stuff. :D

Yep. Ideal weather conditions too, and an immaculate pitch.
Plain Peter

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Ref was a bit of a homer really, gave them a soft pen , didn't give our shout a second thought and bottled it when he should have given a red card for second bookable offence , no wonder he was shaking his hand . :o
parceldave

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:06 pm

parceldave wrote:Ref was a bit of a homer really, gave them a soft pen , didn't give our shout a second thought and bottled it when he should have given a red card for second bookable offence , no wonder he was shaking his hand . :o

I'd like to see it on TV but I thought the decision not to give us a penalty was correct, I thought the keeper played the ball.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:59 am

Keith wrote:I'd like to see it on TV but I thought the decision not to give us a penalty was correct, I thought the keeper played the ball.

I thought the keeper had played the ball as well, but was still hoping the ref might square-up on his earlier fxxk-up. What really annoyed me about the penalty, apart from the fact that it was a complete accident, is that it wasn't even a possible goal-scoring situation - the ball was going 'dead'. Then all of a sudden we're chasing the game.
Plain Peter

Postby Ntini » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:53 am

Thank you, on behalf of all our exiles, for the good, honest reports we get from the Morecambe faithfull who attend both home and away games. It really is appreciated!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 am

Keith wrote:
parceldave wrote:Ref was a bit of a homer really, gave them a soft pen , didn't give our shout a second thought and bottled it when he should have given a red card for second bookable offence , no wonder he was shaking his hand . :o

I'd like to see it on TV but I thought the decision not to give us a penalty was correct, I thought the keeper played the ball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 896217.stm
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 pm

"In the second half there was only one team in it"??? Yes, but not the one the Beeb decided to focus on! Okay, we didn't have a shot on goal but we ran rings around Wycombe.

And they didn't show our penalty shout or our 'one on one' that was hit wide, or Stanners shooting over etc. BBC round up was rubbish and inaccurate, Wycombe fan's review was fair and reasonable, 3 Counties reporter & Wycombe manager watched the same game as the rest of us, one where Morecambe dominated the second half. BBC :evil:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:38 pm

you can read what Sammy thoughts are on that game and those of some of the lads as well in the match programme tomorrow night
i know which view i believe is more accurate
;)
ockers

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Keith wrote:And they didn't show our penalty shout or our 'one on one' that was hit wide, or Stanners shooting over etc. BBC round up was rubbish and inaccurate, Wycombe fan's review was fair and reasonable, 3 Counties reporter & Wycombe manager watched the same game as the rest of us, one where Morecambe dominated the second half. BBC :evil:

I'm glad BBC showed that excellent double save by their goalie in the first half though.
Plain Peter

Postby The Marksman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:17 pm

I personally thought the second half was pretty even, with chances for both sides. First half though we were pretty much bending over and receiving it and should have been several down at half time. How Rendell missed that free header I don't know...

Of the new boys:
McCready - thought he was ok, nothing special, not sure if I'd want him as first choice all season.
Scott - quietly impressed me, did a decent mopping up job in the middle, pity about Drummond and Stanley's non-appearance in the first half.
Rundle - for me, the best of the new guys, always willing, wanted the ball and very direct.
Shuker - other people disagree, but he really disappointed me - he looked like the weedy kid at school playing with the big boys and trying not to get hurt, especially in the first half. Did improve in the second half though, and I appreciate he'd basically just met the rest of the squad so I'll reserve judgement.
The Marksman

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Just thought i would slip this one in from when we left the ground. anyone see the Wycombe fans "escaping" up the field in the background?

Is there a free bar in the bushes? :lol:
wycombe.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Peter wrote:I'm glad BBC showed that excellent double save by their goalie in the first half though.

Shame I didn't catch the ball in the frame, or better still, shame the ball isn't going just over his outstretched arms and on its way into the corner of the net!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:20 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Just thought i would slip this one in from when we left the ground. anyone see the Wycombe fans "escaping" up the field in the background?

wycombe.jpg

My experience of bushes suggests that there is only water....an that is normally from above!
Christies Child

Postby scar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Christies Child wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Just thought i would slip this one in from when we left the ground. anyone see the Wycombe fans "escaping" up the field in the background?

wycombe.jpg

My experience of bushes suggests that there is only water....an that is normally from above!

or bottled :roll:
scar

Next

Return to General Discussion