Parking around the Globe Arena

Parking around the Globe Arena

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Best place to park up for the game on tuesday anyone? Are parking restrictions in place on the roads around the ground ? resident parking only and all that. Suggestions would be appreciated
Blackburn shrimp

Re: Parking around the Globe Arena

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:Best place to park up for the game on tuesday anyone? Are parking restrictions in place on the roads around the ground ? resident parking only and all that. Suggestions would be appreciated

If you cant park near the ground and you do park up the posh westend be sure to alarm your car/vehicle :lol: ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby bill ding » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 am

A question i was going to ask too . I live around 30 miles from the ground so have no option but to drive in to every home game. I think i am right in saying the primary school is opening up its grounds for parking ( for a small fee).
But as for street parking i am not sure,need to get fairly close as i am bringing some mates and one struggles with walking due to needing a new hip.
Any local knowledge would be grateful please.
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby scar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:21 am

The proposed solution was to use Westgate Primary School for parking, although as its the first game i'm not sure what will happen.
scar

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:30 am

I woud suggest arrive very early, make yourself known to the management at the william mitchell, buy yoursellf a drink or two, and bills your uncle :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby sgt major » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 am

....or alternatively you could drive to the York - plenty of parking round the pub then catch the bus down to the ground that will be parked outside. You can even get it back afterwards.
sgt major

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 am

lots of street parking. just go over the bridge and then either left or right. left onto Buckingham Road and the attached streets. or right and first left onto Albert Road and all the streets surrounding Regent Park.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:57 pm

LIDL store has no barriers or clamping signs yet, there are lots of bike parking spaces for locals :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion