morecambe win on pens 5-3
thegentlegiant

Re: Morecambe V Coventry

Postby Bls Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:34 am

3-1 Shrimps. :D
Bls Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 am

2-1 Jevons and Rundle. I would play this line up (This line up might be very good cos i have been in Egypt for the last 2 weeks :P )

Roche
Parrish Scott Haining Wilson
Drummond
Shuker Stanley Rundle
Jevons Mullin
Little Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:25 am

I'm gonna go for a 2-1 loss, but a hell of a performance from the boys.

Shuker with a screamer.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 am

Not really bothered either way really, I was just talking to my son Samuel about the game on tuesday, all four of us are coming as a family, and I was explaining to him that back in 1987 (the year I joined the army) Morecambe were in the Northern Premier League and we'd just won the Lancashire Trophy, which I remember being a real achievement, we were doing quite well, we had a good team and manager and playing some really good stuff at times. At this same juncture in history Coventry City were beating spurs 3-2 at wembley to win the FA Cup. so whatever happens, we've come a long way.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:00 pm

I second that BRD, I fully expect a loss on tuesday but I cannot wait to be back in the MBW stand and testing out the acoustics in a full stand hopefully. Anything other than a loss is a bonus but I am just looking forward to seeing all the new players and satisfying my football cravings!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Opinionated » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:05 pm

I also expect us to get beat. Im concerned by our difficult start. We face Rotherham on Saturday and failure to win that would mean 3 matches without a win. It looks worse than it is but does nothing for confidence.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Oh God , we've lost 1 match and people are saying how awful it will be when we have 3 games without a win !

How about thinking we are going to beat both Coventry and Rotherham ! Rotherham have Ryan Cresswell in defence so they are vulnerable.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Opinionated » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Oh God , we've lost 1 match and perople are saying how awful it will be when we have 3 games without a win!

You have taken my statement out of context! Im just concerned we will start the season slowly again. Im sure other people have had the same thought.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby MfcChris » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Apart from the 4 who came down who we may expect to lose to, we finished ahead of all the teams in this division therefore WE FEAR NO-ONE!!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:26 pm

according to rotherhams website they didnt play that well yesterday so saturday is not a gimme for them by all means..and as for tuesday if coventry dont take it that serious they could go the same way as wolves and preston did. anyway what ever happens we as a club and great set of supporters have got loads of good things to look forward too
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Ermm, back on topic? :)

I don't expect us to get anything, but we all know what can happen in the Carling Cup. So i'll go for....

Morecambe 2 - 1 Coventry

Shuker & Jevons

Eastwood
Crooky MFC

Postby marky » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:58 pm

I'm not really going to this match to see us win (I'll be amazed if we don't get tonked) but rather to see the new stadium. Fot all that I've been critical of certain aspects of the build (criticism I won't apologise for), I was always very much in favour of the move and it will be nice to see the (almost) finished product. I'm happy to admit I don't share the excitement that others feel about the Globe, but nevertheless I am looking forward to Tuesday.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby rickster » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:15 pm

im sorry but i can not do with negative people we av lost one game people start moaning :evil: . why cant we beat coventry at home. does anyone remember preston in this cup (first time round) oh and what was the score against wolves away. I rest my case

2-1 morecambe jevo and stanley
rickster

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Whilst the result will be all important, I'm more interested in the attendance figure for what will be a 'home coming' for many of us after a few months of being 'homeless'.

If the Morecambe public don't turn out for this inaugral game at The Globe Arena v excellent opposition then they never will.

Anything less than 3750 and it will be a disaster.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:35 pm

will be interesting to see how many tickets have been sold so far..someone mentioned on here last week over 1000
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby ockers » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Christies Child wrote:Whilst the result will be all important, I'm more interested in the attendance figure for what will be a 'home coming' for many of us after a few months of being 'homeless'.

If the Morecambe public don't turn out for this inaugral game at The Globe Arena v excellent opposition then they never will.

Anything less than 3750 and it will be a disaster.

:?: :?: :?:

why are you worrying about attendance figures neil
yes youre entitled to your opinion
but what on earth are you talking about... a magic figure of 3750?
is this going to hit your pocket?
is it going to piss you off with all the hard work youve done over the summer months?

No I dont think so......

Not just the morecambe fans on matchdays (and they will come in numbers once they see it all) but the general public in the locality will use this faciity and embrace it

the answer is no
with all due respect its got nothing to do with you re the running of the club as a business so i dont know what you have to keep sniping at what you perceive to be things theyre either not doing or should do in other thread son this board

For me its all about going to a new arena excited about the prospect of seeing my team at home against a championship side in Coventry City absolutley excited about it
and there you are despite people discussing negativity and whinging posts people leaving the board and youre at it again?

The result may not be important but the fact this game is taking place is and more worthy of discussion..........
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

What was all that about Sean?

I probably more than anyone on this forum have congratulated our Board on the excellent way in which they manager our club. However that doesn't mean that I (and you in the past) have no right to raise issues of concern.

To imply that I'm responsible for the demise of some followers of SVs is totally out of order.

And for the record precisely what was wrong with suggesting that Tuesday is the day when the public of Morecambe should turn out in their thousands to support the club and to see the unvailing of a superb community facility.
Last edited by Christies Child on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Aye would be better on here without CC's thoughts, but why do we all take things on here so seriously. Is this like this on other message boards?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:34 pm

MfcChris wrote:Aye would be better on here without CC's thoughts, but why do we all take things on here so seriously. Is this like this on other message boards?

In a nutshell...no. Other boards are often absolutely jaded or full of inane abuse. This board seems to have a great mix of characters and I appreciate the wise old heads? equally with the enthusiastic young posters.

Back 'on topic'

Morecambe 2 Coventry 2
Jevons 2
Morecambe win on pens.
Crowd of well over 3,750 ;)
Caged Lion

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:11 pm

What the hell 4-0 win to us Jevo bagging 3 and wilson chipping one in from the halfway line crowd of 5000 all cheering the lads on and everyone goes home happy to post on svs ;) ;) ;) ;) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby marky » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:28 pm

rickster wrote:why cant we beat coventry at home

No one is saying we can't. It would be fantastic if we did, but I'm not expecting us to beat a Coventry side who, for me, could surprise a few people in the Championship this year. It will be interesting to see how Aidy Boothroyd's Coventry play. He usually favours a very direct approach.
marky

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Realist

2-3 or 3-2

wonder if carl will be playing :D
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Edit - He was in the squad, and came on as a sub. Last time I believe sky sports matchday online thingy! :lol:
marky

Next

Return to General Discussion