What you love about Morecambe Fc........

What you love about Morecambe Fc........

Postby Sammy h » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 am

I thought it would be a good idea to try and brighten the board up and lift some of this doom and gloom that is going on at the moment. This is an exciting time to be a Morecambe fan. I remember when i started watching us around 14 years ago and could have only dreamed of being in league 2 (or division three as it was known then)

With a new stadium round the corner it's shaping up to be a great season. Share your thoughts (positive only)
Sammy h

Re: What you love about Morecambe Fc........

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:29 am

I started watching Morecambe about 7 years ago when i won a season ticket off the bay, from then on i havve been a solid Morecambe supporter. And what i really love is that feeling when you walk into the stadium, the antipiation and the way that you want to win so badly, the boys rarely let us down! Lets hope they carry last season form onto this season!
Come on you Shrimps!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:43 am

I love Morecambe FC:
because it's the best advert for my town
and the supporters are so sound
because we're getting a new ground
and though some still wear a frown
we're the club that's never gone down
and while Sammy wears the crown
we've become so much more renowned
because it's more than football that I've found
it's a family when I look around
and did I mention it before, we are getting a new ground!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:51 am

bigreddog wrote:I love Morecambe FC:
because it's the best advert for my town
and the supporters are so sound
because we're getting a new ground
and though some still wear a frown
we're the club that's never gone down
and while Sammy wears the crown
we've become so much more renowned
because it's more than football that I've found
it's a family when I look around
and did I mention it before, we are getting a new ground!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now that made me smile! :) :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:14 pm

When I manage to get to games I enjoy knowing that I'm going to see lots of familiar faces, have a pie or something, and feel part of the local community. I try to make it to the away games that are around London if I can, and its always good to see people I know like Bare Ben, Sammy h and Muzzer for a chat if they made the trip.
Joel Ninety

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Just the pure excitement of waking up on the morning of a match. Pre-match when everyone is starting to arrive, seeing people that you only see once a week. The singing and banter, and most of all the celebration of a goal, a feeling you don't get during the week! I also love the relationship between players and fans. It was great at the presentation evening, being able to have a drink and a chat with them, something I bet rarely happens at other clubs :)
Crooky MFC

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:41 pm

I love everything about the club win lose or draw...the same I have felt for the thirty years of watching my local club
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby marky » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 pm

The fact that we are a club with achievable ambitions, the fact that we are proving that small, well run clubs can do well, the fact that I get to see family when I go to matches, the fact that everyone is generally on the same page about where we want to go, regardless of which end of the positive-negative and optimism-pessimism scales we are, etc, etc.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Sammy h » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:When I manage to get to games I enjoy knowing that I'm going to see lots of familiar faces, have a pie or something, and feel part of the local community. I try to make it to the away games that are around London if I can, and its always good to see people I know like Bare Ben, Sammy h and Muzzer for a chat if they made the trip.

Very touching Joel. No mention of your brother though? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:26 pm

just watching the lads mixing it with L2 clubs i still pinch myself at times in how far we've come on and expect the quality of football this season to get better with some of the recent signings

and i also love wearing my Morecambe shirt on holidays and when people ask what shirt is that? when i reply i then see there face's light up 8-)
George Dawes

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:23 pm

For me its the anticipation of the game, travelling up, having a pint and chat with other fans in the bar, taking my place in the queue for something to eat and hearing all the latest gossip and rumours.
Then the main event the game itself the passion of the fans the colour and noise coming out of the North stand, the shouty man in the main stand the banter with the opposing teams coaches.

Win lose or draw staying behind to clap the players off the pitch at the end. To me thats what supporting and loving your football team means and looking forward to the next game so that you can do it all over again.

Rose tinted glasses maybe but thats how i feel :)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Opinionated » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:41 pm

I love feeling part of the club. You don't get this feeling at Man Utd, Liverpool etc. I love it when I'm outside of the Morecambe/Lancaster area and people stare at the shirt and they have no idea which team it is. I love the way the club always make me feel proud. I love telling people I support Morecambe and their response "do you not support a Premiership team?".
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:50 pm

We can look down on the EX-"mighty" Bradford City and say "Hah, we're better than you, we finished 4th and you finished in mid table :D ! But more seriously, the atmosphere at the ground, the most enthusiastic manager in the world and a bloody amazing fans forum ;) ! And of course, we have a an amazing team with quality players!
Little Shrimp

Postby paulshrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Thank you very much. All the above makes a great read. This is what a football forum should be about. The new ground is a bit late - so what! We lost out first game - 45 more to go! Ask any fan 30 years ago where the club woul be in 2010 and anyone saying " Finished fourth in the football league fourth tier and moving into a brilliant new ground " would have been consigned to the nearest institution for the criminally optimistic. Come on you Shrimps!!
paulshrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:18 pm

I have loved Morecambe (the area) since I grew up there many many moons ago and I still have so many happy memories of that time. A lot has changed in the area over the years, (not always for the best). However one thing that has remained constant over the past couple of decades has been the relentless progress of the towns football club. I can't remember us taking a backward step for many, many seasons.

I love everything about the club and think we are so lucky to follow such a fantastically run little outfit. It is without doubt the jewel in the crown of the local area and when I tell anyone where I am from and which club I support I say it with real and genuine pride.

This is not really a thread to have a go at the fickle few who moan about seemingly trivial things but come on folks, lighten up a bit. Look at the overall picture and if you are genuine fans of the club just count your blessings that you have a great club to follow.

C'MON MORECAMBE!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Opinionated wrote:I love feeling part of the club. You don't get this feeling at Man Utd, Liverpool etc. I love it when I'm outside of the Morecambe/Lancaster area and people stare at the shirt and they have no idea which team it is. I love the way the club always make me feel proud. I love telling people I support Morecambe and their response "do you not support a Premiership team?".

Classic case of this tonight no less. Been for a walk up on Heysham Barrows with the family, me wearing my Morecambe jacket. Some kids on bikes noticed my jacket, and one shouted "nice jacket mate, great team !" We engaged in a bit of conversation about Tuesdays Coventry match and then the lad asks me, "but which Premiership team do you support??" When i told him I didn't, I only supported Morecambe, he literally looked at me like Mr Wobbly had just dropped out of my jeans !!! " WHAT ??? You only support Morecambe ??"

Errrr, yes ....... !!! :roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:06 pm

On out way back today we stopped in a layby between Cannock and Penkridge. The sun was shining so we sat out and scranned a sweet & sour. While doing so a very attractive young lady walked past from the car in front and met friends who had broken down at the other end of said layby (not that I was watching closely of course :lol: ) She then reappeared went to her car, had a root in her boot, then returned with a camera! She politely asked if she could take a goto of us - I was convinced Beadle was going to pop out.

Anyway it turned out her boyfriend currently runs the youth team at Bristol and previously Oxford so he was looking forward to getting some stick as they play Oxford on Tuesday. She asked about the shirt and was gobsmacked when I said we were playing Coventry.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:10 pm

marky No.1 wrote:On out way back today we stopped in a layby between Cannock and Penkridge. The sun was shining so we sat out and scranned a sweet & sour. While doing so a very attractive young lady walked past from the car in front and met friends who had broken down at the other end of said layby (not that I was watching closely of course :lol: ) She then reappeared went to her car, had a root in her boot, then returned with a camera! She politely asked if she could take a goto of us - I was convinced Beadle was going to pop out.

Anyway it turned out her boyfriend currently runs the youth team at Bristol and previously Oxford so he was looking forward to getting some stick as they play Oxford on Tuesday. She asked about the shirt and was gobsmacked when I said we were playing Coventry.

nearly believed you there :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Gobsmacked because she knew we had been doing well but didn't realise we had made the Championship :lol:

I wish i'd got a photo back :oops:

Edit: perfectly true. It was noted that my eyes were roaming while we were eating! :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Curly » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:32 pm

So many different things.

Giant killings, fans of big clubs will never know that feeling.
The fans, a great bunch with some fantastic characters.
They're my local side.
Away days always have great atmospheres, and six nil down the fans sing on.
The Banter, one of lifes greatest gifts.
Standing, in a world of seats.
Pie, peas and gravy.
But most of all, 90 mins of drama, stood with your mates, its win win!
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby John L » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:25 am

marky No.1 wrote:Edit: perfectly true. It was noted that my eyes were roaming while we were eating! :oops:

Well at least they weren't fixated on her.... 8-)
John L

Postby Singapore Shrimp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:32 am

I was born and still am a Man Utd supporter, but not being allowed to go to games as a kid led me to go and watch Morecambe in the good old Northern Prem/HFS Loan league days.

still follow their results from Singapore
Singapore Shrimp

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:12 am

Sammy h wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:When I manage to get to games I enjoy knowing that I'm going to see lots of familiar faces, have a pie or something, and feel part of the local community. I try to make it to the away games that are around London if I can, and its always good to see people I know like Bare Ben, Sammy h and Muzzer for a chat if they made the trip.

Very touching Joel. No mention of your brother though? :lol:

Nah, why would I want to see that slack-jawed idiot other than when I'm forced to?
Joel Ninety

Postby Posh » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Curly wrote:So many different things.

Giant killings, fans of big clubs will never know that feeling.
The fans, a great bunch with some fantastic characters.
They're my local side.
Away days always have great atmospheres, and six nil down the fans sing on.
The Banter, one of lifes greatest gifts.
Standing, in a world of seats.
Pie, peas and gravy.
But most of all, 90 mins of drama, stood with your mates, its win win!

Well put Curly.

I'd add to that we're one big family and for the most part a very happy, friendly and sociable bunch. I've made a hell of a lot of friends through MFC but also at other clubs, I've got friends at clubs including Southport, Stevenage, Ipswich Town, Hereford United and Doncaster Rovers, who I would never have met otherwise and probably not if I'd been a supporter of other clubs whose attitude to the rest of the world is not as open and decent as ourselves. I love my Morecambe family.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Beardy_shrimp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:30 pm

I love them because it's far more exciting following the Shrimps home and Away than watching boring premier League football on your TV... Sat on the Sofa with a lit fire.

I find that very boring... Would rather go to Macclesfield in 4 digree's and see a last minute winner than sit at home watching United win 4-0.

:)
Morecambe FC - It's time to believe.
Beardy_shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion