open day

open day

Postby glagys » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:02 pm

i know we may not have an open day,
but what about an open training session for the fans to view, with the possability of the stadium open day in tandum,

the shop would sell a few shirts etc

and the fans could view the ground and have a wander round ??

:idea: :idea: :idea:
glagys

Re: open day

Postby Opinionated » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Only problem is that there wont be chance to do that before the Coventry game. Therefore defeating the purpose of an open day in some ways. However if this idea is popular I see no reason why it couldn't happen at a later date.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:06 pm

An excellent idea. I'd even suggest that it's during the week when fans could chat to the players and watch training on the same day.

PNE had an Open Day during the week and it was a huge success.

Would be an excellent bit of PR which the club could do with at the moment.

:)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:11 pm

very good idea but there is no chance one can be organised beore Tuesday.
heysham_mfc

Postby glagys » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:54 pm

was not thinking of before tuesday just an idea for the fans to get a look at the stadium??
let's face it we will all be there tuesday but what chance have we of walking around the ground and seeing other parts ??

nil chance i would say

and to drag it into a training session
shop open,
money in the coffers me thinks
and watch them go through the regime and perhaps chat ( if they can breath LOL)
would be great PR
PNE do it Man City, Arsenal, all the big(ish) clubs
so why not us??

just a thought
:idea:
glagys

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:01 pm

The season is now under way, if I was the chairman of the club I would be well jacked off at the moment, things are going tits up right left and centre, stadium opens on tuesday, fans cannnot buy merchandise or tickets FFS :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=455gh0D1V3Y
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby glagys » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:07 pm

well i know my girls ( wife and 3 daughters ( all adults) all dislike football ) but would like an open day and look round as they spent many hours dragging me from JB's bar LOL
glagys

Postby Brian C » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:18 pm

For christ sake calm down.

We have come an extremely long way in the last 25 years that I have been following MFC. We are looked upon by many league and non-league teams with envy regarding our club setup, and fantastic fans.

The ground may not be 100% ready yet, but it soon will be. The scheduled matches over the next two weeks should go ahead as planned, but I would imagine it will be a couple of weeks before our showpiece of a ground is really ready to be unveiled to the world!

I personally would rather it was done right, than rushed with faults!
From what I have seen so far (unofficially), it will be fantastic.
Last edited by Brian C on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brian C

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:18 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:The season is now under way, if I was the chairman of the club I would be well jacked off at the moment, things are going tits up right left and centre, stadium opens on tuesday, fans cannnot buy merchandise or tickets FFS :roll:

Get a grip potato man, stop being so negative!! things are not going t*** up as you say,
we have a new stadium, a new club shop at the stadium, just remember where we were twenty years ago and be grateful to the chairman, chief exec and the board, and everyone else who has worked so hard to get us to where we are :) You are UNBELIEVABLE!! Stop it, stop it, stop it!!! :o :o :o
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:25 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:The season is now under way, if I was the chairman of the club I would be well jacked off at the moment, things are going tits up right left and centre, stadium opens on tuesday, fans cannnot buy merchandise or tickets FFS :roll:

Get a grip potato man, stop being so negative!! things are not going t*** up as you say,
we have a new stadium, a new club shop at the stadium, just remember where we were twenty years ago and be grateful to the chairman, chief exec and the board, and everyone else who has worked so hard to get us to where we are :) You are UNBELIEVABLE!! Stop it, stop it, stop it!!! :o :o :o

sounds to me your A SHIRT licker...............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:33 pm

You can think what you like and you are entitled to your opinion, which I respect, but that's how I see it, just be positive about things..if you think I'm a shirt licker (whatever that means) then so be it!!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:35 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:

Nothing wrong in stating an opinion that many may have sympathy with.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Whose shirt am I suppose to have licked??? :?

Erm...don't even go there!!! :oops:
seasonsinthesun

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:21 pm

I hear the grand theatre are staging a production of, the simpsons, why dont you go and audition for the part of smithers, seasons, oh, beware of competition from fgh 1970, or whatever he is called this week :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby alwaysright » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 am

i suggested an open training session to be held in the near future a week or so ago ???
alwaysright

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:50 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :!: well it is ??? Time in Bucks! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 am

The club are planning an open day for fans to have a look around according to PM program notes last night.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion