Globe yesterday - pics

Globe yesterday - pics

Postby Mike W. » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:03 pm

Photos are now available on the new ground web site taken yesyerday - before today's rain !

MANY areas done and many more almost there.

See http://www.globearena.co.uk

Mike W.
Ian L.

:o
Mike W.

Re: Globe yesterday - pics

Postby burple » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:05 pm

pics STILL don't work for me :cry:
burple

Postby Mike W. » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Not sure what you mean - I have just checked the site and the pics work fine - you do have to wait until all photos are all downloaded (ten or fifteen seconds or so, at most), after you click on the wording underneath the little header pics. for each gallery.

Near the top of each pic's right hand side there will appear a little thing saying "next" - click on that when you are ready to move to the next pic, or one saying "prev" on the left if you want to go back to the ... er ....previous one.

If you mean they are not good enough then we can perhaps get MGM or Dreamworks to make a "proper" film - next time we move grounds !

Mike W.
Mike W.

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:23 pm

They work fine for me Mike, thanks very much. The only issue I have is that they make me more desperate for Tuesday to come round!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Doesn`t work for me either... I can view all the thumbnail images, but when I click on them to view larger versions the image box is blank, although it does still say "image x of y" and the photo title is there. I can also click through using "next" and "previous", but all still remain blank.
Presume Burple is having the same issue?

P.S. no need for the sarcasm, what you do is appreciated, but if it genuinely isn`t working for some people...... :?
Wigan Shrimp

Postby burple » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:46 pm

I get exactly the same as the above poster. I can see the thumbnails but when I click on one the cream box appears but it's blank no picture. The next and prev buttons work as I can see the image title changing but no picture

as for the sarcasm... If I offended you then I apologise. The pics are and have been amazing I just miss them :(

btw they used to work fine for me before the site changed, dunno if that means anything

EDIT: also I said 'STILL' as i mentiond this last week too
Last edited by burple on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burple

Postby Gnasher » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:48 pm

The site uses a javascript lightbox, either you've got javascript disabled or it's not installed or you're surfing from work and they've disabled javascript.

If you can, try a different browser.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby burple » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:51 pm

it used to work though until it change to the new site format?

you could well be right though, I am looking from work. Will have to try from home later.

It's just a shame cause I like to show of the ground to the peeps I work with. Bob loves them, martins a bit of a dick though and aint interested. He prefers gardening. nuff said
burple

Postby mrg1309 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:54 pm

On a slightly related note, the new website looks superb on Internet Explorer so my comment is simply an observation rather than a criticism as such, however using Google Chrome (my preferred browser) the site appears in a poor format for some reason.

The pictures are, as usual, excellent and I can't wait until Tuesday, even more so now :)
mrg1309

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Great pictures, thanks :) If theres just one little niggle im going to have, is that the barriers really do need some colour, apart from that its looking fantastic! Can't wait for Tuesday, I just hope we get a really decent crowd.
Crooky MFC

Postby alwaysright » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:57 pm

All working fine for me, good photos once again thank you............still looks like loads of work to do though, went past the ground half an hour ago and there still laying tarmac etc etc
alwaysright

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:38 pm

alwaysright wrote:All working fine for me, good photos once again thank you............still looks like loads of work to do though, went past the ground half an hour ago and there still laying tarmac etc etc

Great pictures as always.
Not realy that much to do laying down the tarmac is not a big job nor is finishing off a bar work. (but that doesn't matter too much as long as it's finished before Tuesday night)
North Side still needs a bit of work but it wont be open on Tuesday anyway.
heysham_mfc

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Great pictures, thanks :) If theres just one little niggle im going to have, is that the barriers really do need some colour, apart from that its looking fantastic! Can't wait for Tuesday, I just hope we get a really decent crowd.

Can't see them being painted for the Conventry game. Seems like there is plenty of other work to do first! Remember it took about a year for the North stand to get its barriers painted red!
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Great pictures, thanks :) If theres just one little niggle im going to have, is that the barriers really do need some colour, apart from that its looking fantastic! Can't wait for Tuesday, I just hope we get a really decent crowd.

Does look a bit bland and the barriers would look better painted in red.

No doubt the ground advertising boards will take some of the blandness away but the lack of colour in the home and away stands detracts from an otherwise excellent stadium, albeit only 3 sides........at the moment.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Wonder what the Boardroom is like? Oak panelled and leather sofas no doubt.....but what the hell, they deserve some luxury after all the hard work over the past years :D

Is there going to be a cover on top of the TV gantry area? If not I can imagine some very expensive equipment suffering from the rain.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Christies Child wrote:Wonder what the Boardroom is like? Oak panelled and leather sofas no doubt

Nope. Very nice and modern. No oak panelling in our lovely new state of the art stadium! PMG has his own private room.
Mark S

Postby Opinionated » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Christies Child wrote:Is there going to be a cover on top of the TV gantry area? If not I can imagine some very expensive equipment suffering from the rain.

Or Jeff Stelling's humour
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Wonder what the Boardroom is like? Oak panelled and leather sofas no doubt

Nope. Very nice and modern. No oak panelling in our lovely new state of the art stadium! PMG has his own private room.

...and quite right to...after all the guy has done for his / our club! :)
Christies Child

Postby scar » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Great pics again Mike thanks.

The pic of the home stand gives a good idea of the potential for future expansion should it be needed.
scar

Postby jon_agar » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:16 pm

i managed to get into the ground yesterday and had a tour around!! and may i say :O what a ground!!! can't wait now!!
jon_agar

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Agree, but can't understand the reason for having the 2 street lamps INSIDE the concourse.
Christies Child

Postby jon_agar » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:21 pm

a bit daft but trust me! get into the ground a silly little things like that vanish my friend!!! me and stanley bowles manged it!! haha what a place!!!
jon_agar

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:Agree, but can't understand the reason for having the 2 street lamps INSIDE the concourse.

Prob another H&S thing.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion