Stanley to Grimsby! Disgracefull

Re: Stanley to Grimsby! Disgracefull

Postby Number 1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:12 pm

campdave wrote:Whilst we're in the midst of this debate, can we clarify if Stanley is injured or not? We know he took a knock in the ressie match, which wasn't as bad as originally hoped, but it could be we're having this debate for nothing when the real reason he isn't in the side is as a result of that inicident

As for being sacked, it seems you can get away with common assault (Joey Barton) and not be sacked, so I'm not sure if that reasoning is an accurate one as to guaging the level of what Stanley may have done

Whether he's injured or not isn't the issue, because he hasn't played when he's fit, and unless Sammy has had a massive change of heart, which doesn't appear to have been communicated in any quarter, I am presuming the situation is still as it was.

Joey Barton was sold from Man City after his assault so effectivlely did leave the club straightaway as soon as a buyer was found. The fact City also made a few million because Barton had a worth as a Premier League player was bound to be a factor. Stanley WAS put on the transfer list, but not sacked. The difference between the two was the comparitive worth of the players concerned.
Number 1

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:15 pm

No, Craig isn't injured.
Definitely looks to me, from an outside point of view that there may be some unrest in the dressing room. A couple of performances have been a bit lacklustre, and now, still without a win, are things going to get worse? Maybe a time for a meeting to sit everyone down, explain where they stand, and then stick to it. If players aren't going to play again then make things clear and tell them so they can move on.
I think 99.9% of people could see yesterday that the midfield wasn't working, as was proved when the subs were made.
I can't see it, but think maybe a last chance for Stanley- give him a run out, see if performances improve and bury the hatchet?
If Stanley goes elsewhere, which was the rumour yesterday, as I've said before it'll be to a team in our League and he'll come back to haunt us. A bit of cutting your nose of to spite your face methinks.
Jody

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:33 pm

Fair enough if he's not injured, just noticed that he didn't play for the ressies during the week. Several people on here commented on how Drummond had a spat with Sammy, which may or may not be true, but he came back into the team yesterday. No idea how similar the two situations may or may not be, but it hopefully it shows bridges can be re-built.

I feel for Sammy on this one - while Craig isn't in the team, and we're doing badly, it can become a focal point, because Craig certainly is one of our best players. I'd just like to point out that Craig was playing quite a lot during our dodgy spell after Christmas last year, and we still played badly, so believing everything will click into place with him in the side is naive in my opinion.
campdave

Postby Number 1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:44 pm

campdave wrote: so believing everything will click into place with him in the side is naive in my opinion.

Sorry for only selecting a small proportion of your post, but it was the most relevant. I'm sure no one is assuming that everything will be rosy as soon as Stanley plays, but whilst he's out of team the wondering will continue.
Number 1

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:00 pm

One things for sure, the people behind the goal in the North Stand have been safer given the absence of his wayward shooting :lol:
campdave

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:41 pm

campdave wrote:One things for sure, the people behind the goal in the North Stand have been safer given the absence of his wayward shooting :lol:

If you don't shoot you'll never score though, will you?
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:22 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
campdave wrote:One things for sure, the people behind the goal in the North Stand have been safer given the absence of his wayward shooting :lol:

If you don't shoot you'll never score though, will you?

oh how true....but don't get me going on this one! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Martin » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:34 pm

Number 1 wrote:
campdave wrote: so believing everything will click into place with him in the side is naive in my opinion.

Sorry for only selecting a small proportion of your post, but it was the most relevant. I'm sure no one is assuming that everything will be rosy as soon as Stanley plays, but whilst he's out of team the wondering will continue.

Aren't they? I think quite a few more or less assume just that. There have been several posts crying out for Craig's return as though he'd be the answer to all the midfield problems.

Personally, I'd love to see him back in the side, but I don't see it as a cure all solution.
Martin

Postby Freez » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Stanley to Grimsby, not happening.
According to mate at the Mariners end.
Back in first team frame?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby bigreddog » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:10 pm

That's good news if it's true. personal differences to one side for the good of the club maybe? As the posts above say, it will not be a solution in itself if he does come back in. One player doesn't and never has made a team. unless you count Gerrard and Liverpool of course, then there's Torres as well. Ah well point proven then.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Previous

Return to General Discussion