Hendrie deal now completed

Re: Hendrie deal now completed

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:27 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I'm reluctant to moan (you know me!) and as the club have so many other things going on at the moment I think they deserve a bit more understanding and benefit of doubt over the sluggishness in announcing this exciting news story.

However, going forward items such as press announcements and the use of the website in general is something that needs to be addressed. The content has improved since we got promoted, and the fact that you can now actually buy things from the shop gives the site a bit more purpose (and I guess another revenue stream), but I still don't think it is being utilised as effectively as it should be. It should be every Morecambe fans first port of call for the latest news. Personally I rarely go on it unless a link has been posted on here first.

We are deemed to be entering a new era of professionalism off the pitch. With this in mind I don't think that keeping the website up to date and giving it a bit more purpose is much to ask. Certainly in the future we shouldn't have to wait over 24 hours for news of signings, or even learn of the story from a non-league website.

i totally agree, Sky Sports News cover MFC better than MFC :?
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:31 pm

marky wrote:I'd advocate a full-time paid webmaster and Press Officer being employed. I don't mean any disrespect to Derek Quinn, but he has other responsibilities and as we are slowly becoming an established league club, we need to rid ourselves of the last few non-league aspects of our club.

Good idea.
Too often, people complain about certain aspects of the club and the response is "person x does this off their own back as a volunteer, you ungrateful so and so." That's all very well but maybe someone should be doing things like this on a professional basis?
james456

Postby Posh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:32 pm

The Red Knight wrote:
ezz wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:How long do you think Liverpool left it before announcing Joe Cole had signed for them for example?

I'm sure if Liverpool's press team consisted of one person working part-time then maybe that also might have delayed matters. In Quinny we've got one of the best and most knowlegable press people in the Football League, but we choose to use a part-time resource rather than pay a full salary that is instead used to pay for decent young players like Hendrie. Of course the main reason as someone stated was personal reasons but comparing us to Liverpool is bonkers.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:36 pm

marky wrote:I'd advocate a full-time paid webmaster and Press Officer being employed. I don't mean any disrespect to Derek Quinn, but he has other responsibilities and as we are slowly becoming an established league club, we need to rid ourselves of the last few non-league aspects of our club.

The club already have the services of the excellent Fat Media. Maybe the club should use their expertise in the PR area as well. After all they already have a close working relationship with the club which appears to date to be working very well.

:?: :?: :?:

Alternatively they could always recruit .......... :?: :?: :?: Wouldn't be short of anything to say that's for sure.:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby The Red Knight » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 pm

RedRedWine wrote:We are deemed to be entering a new era of professionalism off the pitch. With this in mind I don't think that keeping the website up to date and giving it a bit more purpose is much to ask. Certainly in the future we shouldn't have to wait over 24 hours for news of signings, or even learn of the story from a non-league website.

That is exactly my point. When a non league club such as Atherstone Town, who seem to have someone who is dyslexic updating their website, manages to break the news before us then questions need to be asked about the way the club operates theirs.
The Red Knight

Postby marky » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:58 pm

The fact that a non-league club's website revealed this news days before we did isn't really the issue. For me, it's the fact that officials from the club appear not to have asked Atherstone Town to maintain a news blackout on this issue until it was fully completed. It's not like it was in their interest to put it in the public domain early given this deal holds no value to them at all. Mind you, it isn't surprising when the club decided a text message to a forum moderator was a sufficient way to communicate the fact that they didn't want fans discussing specific names from behind closed doors games.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:04 pm

marky wrote:The fact that a non-league club's website revealed this news days before we did isn't really the issue. For me, it's the fact that officials from the club appear not to have asked Atherstone Town to maintain a news blackout on this issue until it was fully completed. It's not like it was in their interest to put it in the public domain early given this deal holds no value to them at all. Mind you, it isn't surprising when the club decided a text message to a forum moderator was a sufficient way to communicate the fact that they didn't want fans discussing specific names from behind closed doors games.

totally agree with that statement marky.........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby CASS » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:54 pm

And to think someone said the silly season was nearly over..There is for sure some toad licking going on on this thread..Regardless of what you think should have happened ..we got to know when it suited the club.when the message was available to be public.I complain bitterly at many things, the price of Beer "Robinsons" don't ring me and tell me they are putting Dizzy up I find out like the rest of the punters. Tena Lady adverts half way through "Countdown" C4 never been in touch yet !! as much as the ad's "piss" me off.I guess there have been many many clubs who have been promoted and "Gone the Whole Hog", with pro this and pro that and have ended up belly up. Well if we have to put up with Quinny et al for ever and things remain the same that will do me. Things are no doubt turbulant at the moment,I guess the club infrastucture is a bit splintered and perhaps we should take this in to account prior to pontificating. One thing is certain, you don't win leagues with good web sites, efforts sorting out contracts etc are a priority
letting us know a.s.a.p. is a bonus and it a.s.a.p. is slightly later than you would like, Live with it.
At least you know that the priority has been put on the important issue. I saw young Hendrie play at Stadio Lakeland Radio and extoled his virtues on here,and when we get him to put pen to paper people moan ...Just a warning,so you are prepared ..there will be no red carpet to the home end at the Globe and the bog roll will be a commercial width "900mm" not the "1100"mm you are used to at home so brace yer sen.
fecit off for a fag :roll:
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:19 pm

This is very funny :lol:

Big morecambe were foiled keeping secret trials about hendrie, little alfreton leaking a story about a kid who may or may not making it a bit higher up,man u and liverpool scouts, like the big baby in toy story 3d, missed him making it to MFC, Darrenlock could not invent this paranoia.

This players agent clearly has put him in the window as far as we are concerned, hence the one year contract, he will score at our level, then move on, its just business :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:02 am

marky wrote:The fact that a non-league club's website revealed this news days before we did isn't really the issue. For me, it's the fact that officials from the club appear not to have asked Atherstone Town to maintain a news blackout on this issue until it was fully completed. It's not like it was in their interest to put it in the public domain early given this deal holds no value to them at all. Mind you, it isn't surprising when the club decided a text message to a forum moderator was a sufficient way to communicate the fact that they didn't want fans discussing specific names from behind closed doors games.

Why would the officials have to speak to Atherstone Town at all? The lad was not on contract.
halftimeresults

Postby Mark S » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:44 am

marky wrote: Mind you, it isn't surprising when the club decided a text message to a forum moderator was a sufficient way to communicate the fact that they didn't want fans discussing specific names from behind closed doors games.

Text message? Who said anything about a text message? The person who contacted me contacted me personally. This is the kind of stuff that damages reputations.

There seem to be one or two on here who just will never be satisfied and will always find something to moan and whinge about. Chipping away at anything that is less than perfect. They move on from one subject to another with an arrogance that atsonishes me. Suggesting that they could and would do it better. No one knows for sure what happens behind the scenes at the club. All I know is that despite what people think, a lot is still voluntary and the club has made a huge loss year after year. Just because a fantastic bit of business has been done enabling us to have a brand new stadium with fantastic superior facilities that match Championship standard, (which some are still questioning and moaning about), it doesnt mean that we are suddenly rich enough to employ a full time anyone to satisfy a handful of moaners.

The delay was a bit of a set back and even had a handful of usually positive people falling into the negative pit for a short while and lashing out. Most fans are deliriously happy with the way things are.

The vocal one or two like to run around at the back planting seeds of doubt in peoples minds. Shame.

Having said that, if an alleged 24 hour delay in announcing the signing a young lad with potential is all that is left to moan about then it cant be too bad! :lol:

Guys, these are the good times! Enjoy them!
Mark S

Postby Posh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:58 am

The Red Knight wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:With this in mind I don't think that keeping the website up to date.

That is exactly my point. When a non league club such as Atherstone Town manages to break the news before us then questions need to be asked about the way the club operates theirs.

Unreal. I didn't see you moaning when we signed McCready, Spencer, Rundle, Scott or Fleming none of which were announced in full elsewhere. Just because a non-league club staffed by volunteers chooses to let slip a story earlier than it should have done shouldn't be a reason for the petty comments on here.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:00 am

Mark S wrote:Guys, these are the good times! Enjoy them!

Can you imagine what things would have been like if we'd had the internet in the mid 80's? Shrimpsvoices would have made The Smiths sound positively jaunty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was whiling time away
on Shrimpsvoices for the day
and heaven knows I'm miserable now
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:23 am

Christies Child wrote:Excellent news BUT Sammy must use him when the opportunity and circumstances permit, otherwise his talent wil not progress into a saleable asset and that in part is what he will become if he makes the grade. As I posted some time ago 'money in the Bank.'

A 12 month contract with options and clauses seems about right for somebody making such a big step up.

I just hope that we don't expect too much of him too early.

We may have to be a bit patient, otherwise an excellent move and somebody who, if he listens to the senior pros around him ie Mullers and PJ plus the coaching of Mark should have a big future in the game.

Welcome to the family.....

Too true CC. I just hope your new seat is close enough to Sammy and Mark so that you can advise them how they should be using their players. Clueless both of them, I mean promotion and the play offs in 3 seasons, they are out of their depth.

And as for the near 24 hour delay on the announcement of the Hendrie signing, disgracefull! I'm off to rip up the season tickets

:D :D :D
Burnley Shrimp

Postby quinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:40 am

Hi all

I seem to have hanged myself here by getting the dates wrong with Stuart's signing. His medical was Tuesday night and we announced it Wednesday.
I apologise for that but I am in Spain at the moment on holiday and seem to have lost track of days.
When players sign between Football League clubs we always come to an agreement where we release news at the same time. Atherstone didn't do this and they will have their own reasons for that but we have to bear in mind that we only announce signings at this end after medicals and other issues that may arise in negotiations behind the scenes which often go on.
I apologise for misleading you with the dates - and for mentioning Christie Park (AGAIN) It's a hard habit to break....
Quinny
quinny

Postby alwaysright » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:59 am

I have seen the light (still), i quite like my new laid back approach to things on SV, sitting here watching the squables that go on, the moaners having there say, the other guys that back the club up to the hilt, carry on guys im enjoying this, long may it last.......doubtfull though.
I feel my fingers poised over the key pad ready to go but the new found goodness in me over rides my impulsive side, but carry on guys its all good fun
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am

quinny wrote:Hi all

I seem to have hanged myself here by getting the dates wrong with Stuart's signing. His medical was Tuesday night and we announced it Wednesday.
I apologise for that but I am in Spain at the moment on holiday and seem to have lost track of days.
When players sign between Football League clubs we always come to an agreement where we release news at the same time. Atherstone didn't do this and they will have their own reasons for that but we have to bear in mind that we only announce signings at this end after medicals and other issues that may arise in negotiations behind the scenes which often go on.
I apologise for misleading you with the dates - and for mentioning Christie Park (AGAIN) It's a hard habit to break....
Quinny

Feel a bit petty now red knight?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Freez » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:37 am

Nice work Alwaysright, you managed to stay neutral in your comments while simultaneously remaining arrogant and patronising!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:42 am

quinny wrote:I apologise for that but I am in Spain at the moment on holiday and seem to have lost track of days.

We don't need petty excuses! :lol: Nice one for coming on here in your holiday time to clear it up. Did you get the news personally or was it by text? you will seriously have to wear your rasta outfit when you get back :lol:

Nice one Quinny ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Curly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:47 am

Freez wrote:Nice work Alwaysright, you managed to stay neutral in your comments while simultaneously remaining arrogant and patronising!

Pmsl :lol:

Keith wrote:
Mark S wrote:Guys, these are the good times! Enjoy them!

Can you imagine what things would have been like if we'd had the internet in the mid 80's? Shrimpsvoices would have made The Smiths sound positively jaunty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was whiling time away
on Shrimpsvoices for the day
and heaven knows I'm miserable now

This wasn't bad either :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby alwaysright » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 am

Freez
You need to chill, come with me into the light, things are so much better.
alwaysright

Postby Curly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:30 pm

alwaysright wrote:Freez

I don't have a problem with God, it's just the members of his fan club. :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Posh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 pm

alwaysright wrote:Freez

Why when you write that does it remind me of Half Man, Half Biscuit's immortal line?

The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Freez » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Perfectly chilled thanks. Was genuinely praising Alwaysright for some quality posting, no ranting or pontificating from me, and yes Posh its a freight train coming your way!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby bigreddog » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:10 pm

I think Leonard Cohen put it best when he said " there's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

can we get back to the football now then. by the way Quinny, hope you're enjoying your holiday and look forward to seeing you when you get back.

we've got a brilliant squad and a brilliant ground, with brilliant directors, staff, management, volunteers and supporters. award winning half time entertainment and match experience and some of the best stewards in the country. we've come a long way in a very short time, and we've got a long way to go, and we'll go there together. I'm ever hopeful, that's not blind optimism, but everything that has ever been achieved in the world and especially at our football club has happened because people hoped it would first.

bring on coventry.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion