Hendrie deal now completed

Hendrie deal now completed

Postby quinny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Stuart Hendrie has now officially signed for the club after passing a medical late on Monday.
See official site for details.
Quinny
quinny

Re: Hendrie deal now completed

Postby Christie Top Cat » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Brilliant news for me, very impressed at Kendal
Christie Top Cat

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Sounds like just what we need he sounds young and quick so would partner Jevons well.

I just hope he gets given a chance if we need to change a game etc and not just be brought on with 5 mins to go.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 pm

'Stuart, who has impressed while on trial at Christie Park, finalised his move on Tuesday morning after a medical on Monday evening.'

:?: :?: :?:
Crooky MFC

Postby The Red Knight » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:28 pm

So he signed on Tuesday morning yet it took the club until Wednesday afternoon to actually bother telling anyone about it?

I know this gets said alot but that's really piss poor and needs improving.
The Red Knight

Postby Preston Shrimp » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

also says at the bottom that a keeper is having a medical today aswell. all taking shape before the big kick off :D
Preston Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Great signing. Can't believe there was'nt any rumour about this beforehand!

I too hope that he get's a chance at least 30 mins from the end ~ starting on Saturday, unless we are 3.0 up of course. A one year deal probably makes sense at this stage.

What are the odds of him starting I wonder :roll:

Two very different partners for Jev. From what I've seen of Stuart up to now he likes it to his feet. Maybe we can Muller them in the first half then Stuart can run rings round them in the 2nd :lol:

Good test for our defence as Wycombe have scored 28 goals in pre season, including a 4 minute hat trick for Pittman against Chelsea
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:38 pm

The Red Knight wrote:So he signed on Tuesday morning yet it took the club until Wednesday afternoon to actually bother telling anyone about it?

I know 24hours is terrible :shock:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby The Red Knight » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:51 pm

ezz wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:So he signed on Tuesday morning yet it took the club until Wednesday afternoon to actually bother telling anyone about it?

I know 24hours is terrible :shock:

Of course it is!

How long do you think Liverpool left it before announcing Joe Cole had signed for them for example? Imagine the press conference "well he actually signed yesterday morning but we couldn't be arsed announcing it until today"
The Red Knight

Postby CASS » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:02 pm

May be there where circumstances to sort out that where perhaps PRIVATE !!. May be the lad had some things to sort out that needed time or maybe the club thought,lets keep it to ourselves for a day or so "That should wind up Maurice Git and co"
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby AJC » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:09 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 24 hours to officially register a player with the football league, so just because Hendrie signed on Tuesday morning, he was probably not officially a Morecambe player until this afternoon. Obviously if you've got a Premier League stamp on you're signings they'll get dealt with instantly, but I think it's just a case of the club covering all bases before shooting their mouth off only to find there are issues before we've formally signed and certified a player.
AJC

Postby The Red Knight » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 pm

The article says he signed a contract on Tuesday morning and was therefore a Morecambe player on Tuesday morning.
The Red Knight

Postby paulshrimp » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Is there are a danger, with a 1 year contract, that we could be in a fight to hold onto him next spring when he turns out to be as good as we hope?
paulshrimp

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Have you considered there being a good reason why it wasn't done straight away???
Plus its 24 hours.....if it was a few days then maybe i'd see your point.
Just relax and enjoy the good news
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby AJC » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Not really, he may have signed for Morecambe on Tuesday morning, but until it is ratified by the football league then he is not officially a Morecambe player, and cannot play for Morecambe until it has been signed off by the football league. There are a number of reasons that the football league may refuse to ratify a transfer, third party ownership, contract irregularities, already signed to another club, passport or visa issues etc etc.

Granted, not many of the examples here were likely to affect this case, but it's better to wait 24hours and be sure, rather than announcing a player has signed, only to find out that the league hasn't approved the registration of the player, and then have to release a statement retracting the signature news.
AJC

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:27 pm

paulshrimp wrote:Is there are a danger, with a 1 year contract, that we could be in a fight to hold onto him next spring when he turns out to be as good as we hope?

everyone remembers Michael Carr and his 2 year contract which had to be paid up at some expense to the club.

If he turns out to be the real deal then being under 24 years of age as long as we offer him a better contract then a fee would be payable if he signed for another club.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Excellent news BUT Sammy must use him when the opportunity and circumstances permit, otherwise his talent wil not progress into a saleable asset and that in part is what he will become if he makes the grade. As I posted some time ago 'money in the Bank.'

A 12 month contract with options and clauses seems about right for somebody making such a big step up.

I just hope that we don't expect too much of him too early.

We may have to be a bit patient, otherwise an excellent move and somebody who, if he listens to the senior pros around him ie Mullers and PJ plus the coaching of Mark should have a big future in the game.

Welcome to the family.....

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby alwaysright » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:02 pm

I havnt seen the lad play so can only go by whats been said on SV but it all sounds very positive, i just hope he's given the chance to prove himself in league football
alwaysright

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Sounds like a good signing for the club and hopefully the talent runs in the family :D
heysham_mfc

Postby parkyboy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Belt up RedKnight ,he has signed for us and we have been told , why all the fuss about it being 24hrs after
parkyboy

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm only guessing, but maybe one of the reasons for the delay was that he might not have an agent to help him with the negotiations and therefore he got his elder brother involved who will have been able to advise him.

It's never likely to happen but wouldn't mind his brother in our squad.

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:07 pm

AHHHHH,just seen this post about Hendrie signing :geek: s
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah rednight :?:

I shop at aldi, I do not expect them everytime they employ a new member of staff, you were told before the next weekly shop, We were told before it even on here by our clairvoyant department :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm reluctant to moan (you know me!) and as the club have so many other things going on at the moment I think they deserve a bit more understanding and benefit of doubt over the sluggishness in announcing this exciting news story.

However, going forward items such as press announcements and the use of the website in general is something that needs to be addressed. The content has improved since we got promoted, and the fact that you can now actually buy things from the shop gives the site a bit more purpose (and I guess another revenue stream), but I still don't think it is being utilised as effectively as it should be. It should be every Morecambe fans first port of call for the latest news. Personally I rarely go on it unless a link has been posted on here first.

We are deemed to be entering a new era of professionalism off the pitch. With this in mind I don't think that keeping the website up to date and giving it a bit more purpose is much to ask. Certainly in the future we shouldn't have to wait over 24 hours for news of signings, or even learn of the story from a non-league website.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:20 pm

I'd advocate a full-time paid webmaster and Press Officer being employed. I don't mean any disrespect to Derek Quinn, but he has other responsibilities and as we are slowly becoming an established league club, we need to rid ourselves of the last few non-league aspects of our club.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Next

Return to General Discussion