Steven Drench ...

Steven Drench ...

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:59 pm

... looks like he might have earned himself a deal across the Bay at Barra' reading todays NLP and the positive thoughts our Barrovian chums have about him.

Good luck to him ! Always thought he should have been playing higher than Leigh Genesis.

Sure I read somewhere too that another ex keeper, Craig Dootson, has signed for Harrogate Town?

http://www.barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10206
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: Steven Drench ...

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Mawsy was second choice at burnley last week in singapore :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Is he not at Droylsden? Think he is the Burnley goalkeeper coach though.
Sammy h

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 pm

mawson actually played for burnley last week whilst they were on tour ...in singapore I think
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby mfcbro » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:36 am

My lad was on a night out in Burnley saturday night and spoke to Craig.He is Burnleys goalkeeping coach and is playing for Hyde United this season.
mfcbro

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:... looks like he might have earned himself a deal across the Bay at Barra' reading todays NLP and the positive thoughts our Barrovian chums have about him.

Good luck to him ! Always thought he should have been playing higher than Leigh Genesis.

Sure I read somewhere too that another ex keeper, Craig Dootson, has signed for Harrogate Town?

http://www.barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10206

No deal as yet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 876627.stm
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:22 pm

There's a simple reason. Tim Deasy, Barrow's 24 year-old keeper for the last couple of years, quit the club at the end of his contract this summer and headed off for pastures new. However nobody has come in for him and he's already been back at Barrow. I think they're keen to hold out on Drenchy until they know the door's closed on Deasy, who is a very good keeper but seemingly not good enough for a Football League club or top Conf side.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Dave (Barra) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Nope - Deasy's already been peddled. The reason we haven't signed a keeper yet is that we thought we were getting Alan Martin back on loan from Leeds but they hiked the loan fee demand at the 11th hour. Peterborough have done similar with James McKeown.

I haven't seen him play yet but by all accounts Drench has acquitted himself well.
Dave (Barra)

Postby Posh » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Dave (Barra) wrote:Nope - Deasy's already been peddled. The reason we haven't signed a keeper yet is that we thought we were getting Alan Martin back on loan from Leeds but they hiked the loan fee demand at the 11th hour. Peterborough have done similar with James McKeown.

I haven't seen him play yet but by all accounts Drench has acquitted himself well.

Thanks Dave and thanks for making me look like I haven't got a clue :D (truth hurts).

Drenchy is a good keeper and I was surprised we let him go. Yet it was only afterwards you find out. OK he's a bit on the small side but a great shot-stopper and reads crosses very well but a player told me that he was a poor communicator in the box. Basically the central defenders were looking to know whether to leave, clear, protect the ball and Drenchy never called so they never knew where he was, which caused a panic. If he's improved that side of his game he'll be a good signing for Barrow.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Posh wrote:Thanks Dave and thanks for making me look like I haven't got a clue :D (truth hurts).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...and thanks Dave for making me realise that I never said any wrong in the first place :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Posh wrote:...a player told me that he was a poor communicator in the box. Basically the central defenders were looking to know whether to leave, clear, protect the ball and Drenchy never called so they never knew where he was, which caused a panic. If he's improved that side of his game he'll be a good signing for Barrow.

I actually said at the time he was still with us that I'd have him in training stood on one side of the pitch, shouting at someone on the other side to get used to shouting!

Really hope he gets sorted and I think Barrow will really appreciate him if he goes there. I'd even go so far as to suggest that if he doesn't get fixed up we should sign him on a 'month to month' basis as back up to Baz.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Steven Drench got us promoted single-handedly. Danny Carlton didn't score the winner, it was an optical illusion.
Joel Ninety

Postby Dave (Barra) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Posh wrote: a great shot-stopper and reads crosses very well but a player told me that he was a poor communicator in the box.

Sounds like Deasy.

Meet the new keeper...
Dave (Barra)

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:24 am

Joel Ninety wrote:Steven Drench got us promoted single-handedly. Danny Carlton didn't score the winner, it was an optical illusion.

My sarcasm detector just had a fit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are Barrow signing Danny too? Oh well we'll talk about him as well and change the thread title to Steven Drench & Danny Carlton :roll: We're talking about Drenchy because he's the player we're talking about! He was Player of the Season when we got promoted too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Barrow have signed Leeds Alan Martin on loan 'til January today so one wonders if Drench's move will go ahead...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Joel Ninety » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Keith wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:Steven Drench got us promoted single-handedly. Danny Carlton didn't score the winner, it was an optical illusion.

Are Barrow signing Danny too? Oh well we'll talk about him as well and change the thread title to Steven Drench & Danny Carlton :roll: We're talking about Drenchy because he's the player we're talking about! He was Player of the Season when we got promoted too.

Drenchy was brilliant in the promotion season, lost count of how many clean sheets he kept. Plus he took one for the team when he flattened Donaldson.
Joel Ninety

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:53 am

Our new 2nd choice keeper again? I'd be happy with him as our back-up / JPT keeper etc
Weetabix Kid

Postby Naylz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:56 am

Naylz

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:08 am

Oh right had not seen a thread on that (check this for news really)

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=47941

hmm, only back up I suppose...would of prefered Drenchy ;)
Weetabix Kid

Postby Curly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:
Keith wrote:

Drenchy was brilliant in the promotion season, lost count of how many clean sheets he kept. Plus he took one for the team when he flattened Donaldson.

20! 8-)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Return to General Discussion