Open the Box to Start at the Globe Next Tuesday

Open the Box to Start at the Globe Next Tuesday

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Open the Box to Start at the Globe Next Tuesday

Postby Sammy h » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Can't believe this is back, the most boring half time entertainment, if you can even call it entertaining!
Sammy h

Postby Opinionated » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Sammy h wrote:Can't believe this is back, the most boring half time entertainment, if you can even call it entertaining!

Well said. Crossbar challenge is the way forward. Either that or a pole vault competition over the North Terrace :lol:. That's what I call entertainment 8-)
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Opinionated wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Can't believe this is back, the most boring half time entertainment, if you can even call it entertaining!

Well said. Crossbar challenge is the way forward. Either that or a pole vault competition over the North Terrace :lol:. That's what I call entertainment 8-)

How many do we reckon will prefer the Berlin Wall...sorry the North Terrace to other areas of the ground?

I'll start with circa 100....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby John L » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Opinionated wrote:

Well said. Crossbar challenge is the way forward.

It's a money-making half-time draw! What do you expect it to be? I doubt a crossbar challenge would be a satisfactorily attractive replacement as there will be plenty of potential "Open the Box" customers who don't feel they have any chance of winning anything in a practical / physical competition! ;) It could be said that a crossbar challenge-type competition might be a useful addition to the half-time goings-on, but definitely NOT a replacement!
John L

Postby outsider » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Any truth in the rumer o-t-b is back coz Ken's lost his balls?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 pm

I've no problems with this carrying on, I just hoped we would have introduce something else aswell. Something original and funny ( E.G Northampton - 2 fans from each team. 1 blind folded who has to kick the ball from the halfway line to the goal, guided by the 2nd person, first one to score wins.)
Crooky MFC

Postby outsider » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:I've no problems with this carrying on, I just hoped we would have introduce something else aswell. Something original and funny ( E.G Northampton - 2 fans from each team. 1 blind folded who has to kick the ball from the halfway line to the goal, guided by the 2nd person, first one to score wins.)

2 fans who wernt pished would have been better tho :lol: :lol: :lol: also one who knew left from right might help
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:28 pm

outsider wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:I've no problems with this carrying on, I just hoped we would have introduce something else aswell. Something original and funny ( E.G Northampton - 2 fans from each team. 1 blind folded who has to kick the ball from the halfway line to the goal, guided by the 2nd person, first one to score wins.)

2 fans who wernt pished would have been better tho :lol: :lol: :lol: also one who knew left from right might help

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby sgt major » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:09 am

To be honest, it's not supposed to be half time entertainment. Open the box is a revenue provider for the club - the fact that Ken likes a laugh and a joke makes it entertainment of a sort.
sgt major

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 am

Crooky MFC wrote: Something original and funny ( E.G Northampton - 2 fans from each team. 1 blind folded who has to kick the ball from the halfway line to the goal, guided by the 2nd person, first one to score wins.)

Yeah I will go with that one :lol:
northantsblindfold1[2].JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

He'll be stumped for a while then

Postby Arnside Red » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:18 am

always used to say, think John sold it in JB's, :lol:
seriously its so naff its brilliant, and I wonder how much it has raised for the club over the years, okey dokey
Arnside Red

Postby sgt major » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:49 am

Just had a thought - didn't the club win an award for best half time entertainment in l2 - The Ken and Mark show :lol: With special guest Christie the Cat practicing rugby tackles on Ken :o
sgt major

Postby Sharpy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:28 pm

okeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dokeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

its sheer quality! always get a good laugh out of open the box!
Sharpy

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:41 pm

and it's definitely been sold, I hope it has and it is nearly always someone in JB's
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Squaddie_Shrimp » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Opinionated wrote:

I Did the crossbar challenge in the last league game at CP 8-) was so close to hitting the bar aswell!!!!
Results are temporary... Shrimps Pride is Forever
Squaddie_Shrimp

Postby yozzer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Our Ken! It's so archaic and retro and has become a self parody but it works brilliantly. Name me any other ground in the football league that would have the balls to allow Ken near a mike. Pure Quality Shite!
yozzer

Postby Dysie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Sad as I was to see CP demolished, I just hope the damned cable reel used to supply power for KP's OTB @ half time, was crushed underneath it. No wonder the Ambulink staff were always in close proximity when I plugged in into the mains! Not forgetting the dodgy mains box as well! Queue... Tony Gribbin, Tom Sawyer, Gnasher etc. always making a hasty retreat for their half time brew at this point!

... Then panic from KP's sidekick Steve Price - when occasionally, I forgot to actually switch it on!

Happy Days.
Dysie

Return to General Discussion