get in there! :D
George Dawes

Re: Stuart Hendrie Signs

Postby Sammy h » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Result!!!
Sammy h

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:46 pm

I am not getting carried away until I hear it from our Club. That looks like it was written by a ten year old and it said last Thursday.

I hope it is true but wont be getting his name on my shirt just yet!

On the other hand, if it does transpire that he did sign last week I would be disappointed that the news wasnt shared.
Mark S

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:59 pm

They have corrected the spelling now. News often comes from other parties before our own club - which is perhaps why Shrimpsvoices is the first port of call for a lot of people!
Morecambe Jack

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Would he get in our starting line up :?:
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Mark S wrote:I am not getting carried away until I hear it from our Club. That looks like it was written by a ten year old and it said last Thursday.

I hope it is true but wont be getting his name on my shirt just yet!

On the other hand, if it does transpire that he did sign last week I would be disappointed that the news wasnt shared.

if you look at their website it all looks as though someone from primary school has edited it all !

I think we will have confirmation that he has signed for us. Could be a "Visitor" exclusive.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby AJC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Monday Aug 2

Henders signs for morecambe fc

Stuart hendrie signed on thursday for morecambe fc this is the second player and move to a profesional club in the last few weeks we wish henders all the very best in his new venture and once again atherstone produces a gem.

I hope this statement is factually correct, even if not punctually. Nice to see darrenlock has found a job though!
AJC

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Who is this guy? Should we really get excited about a signing from a tinpot team in what division?

I see their next game is against Shipshed - remember when we had league fixtures against them! :lol:
Wild Bill

Postby NeilG » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Who is this guy? Should we really get excited about a signing from a tinpot team in what division?

I see their next game is against Shipshed - remember when we had league fixtures against them! :lol:

He's actually a very exciting prospect if his performance against Kendal is anything to judge by, I'm with Mark on this one, not going to believe it until it's official but I'm also getting a bit fed up of the mushroom treatment, as fans we deserve to have the information when it becomes available otherwise people will continue to just make stuff up, without fans the club doesn't survive and I for one feel more and more isolated and less enthusiastic when accurate news doesn't come from the club as it happens.
NeilG

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:09 pm

NeilG wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Who is this guy? Should we really get excited about a signing from a tinpot team in what division?

He's actually a very exciting prospect if his performance against Kendal is anything to judge by, I'm with Mark on this one, not going to believe it until it's official but I'm also getting a bit fed up of the mushroom treatment, as fans we deserve to have the information when it becomes available otherwise people will continue to just make stuff up, without fans the club doesn't survive and I for one feel more and more isolated and less enthusiastic when accurate news doesn't come from the club as it happens.

News released by our club has always been a bone of contention with those like myself who believe that it's the one area where we so need to improve. Unfortunately the opposite of late seems to have happened.

I realise the club have got a lot on their plates at the moment, but they shouldn't forget the fans. Without us, the club is nothing.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby CASS » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:19 pm

You might be right,why get excited :? Well I have seen him play once and thought he was worth a punt. But I never saw Baker or Duffy play prior to putting pen to paper..and they turned out Ok
Tin Pot players that made the step...If he signs up I will be pleased, if he goes,well I will accept the decision.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Opinionated » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Very exciting signing. Glad we have taken the Dagenham approach by signing a young player from non league. For those who went to Kendal, is Hendrie fast? We lack pace up front but hopefully Hendrie is the answer.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Harry » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Exciting news if the friendly reports are anything to go by. A decent injection of pace, something we definitely could do with, and at the moment a perfect impact sub.
Harry

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:28 pm

This is good news if correct. If Sammy gets goalkeeping cover he has done us proud.

A quick aggressive striker was exactly what the doctor ordered to change the tempo of games. I think (without having seen the new lads in action) that Sammy has assembled a well balanced squad and it makes me optimistic for a successful season.
Caged Lion

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Monday 2 August 2010
Nuneaton NewsStaffordshire

Hendrie to join Morecambe
ATHERSTONE Town striker Stuart Hendrie is thought to be on the brink of joining Morecambe - and he may not be the only player on his way to the Football League.

Hendrie has scored four goals on trial at the League Two club and manager Dale Belford fully expects to lose the services of the younger brother of ex-England international Lee Hendrie.

He said: "Stuart has been offered a deal with Morecambe so he will go. I’m really pleased for him.

"He’s a great lad but he’ll be hard to replace. That’s football though. Finding a replacement is a massive task for us.

"We’ll look to promote from within but that may not be possible.

"If there is no one who is ready we’ll look to bring someone in."

If Hendrie does go then the Adders will not receive a penny as he is on non contract terms at Sheepy Road.

The other player who may be on his way to the professional game is left winger Tyrone Amory. He played for newly promoted League One outfit Rochdale in a 3-0 defeat to Bury on Tuesday night.

"Tyrone is left sided and lightning quick. We are aware of the interest in him so we’ll see how it develops," Belford said.

Belford believes Sheepy Road is the place to be for young players looking to make their way in the game after winger Grant Roscorla and striker Luke Keen were also signed by clubs in higher leagues - Leamington and Redditch United respectively.

Goalkeeper Scott Furlong has also been given a youth scholarship with Nottingham Forest.

"We’ve got to be a club which develops young players and moves them on. We aren’t in the position to throw money at it.

"It disappoints me to have spoken to some young players who have gone to other clubs this summer for a bit more money have than sign here.

"Young players should come here, work on their game and become better. If an opportunity to progress comes along then we’ll help them."

ATHERSTONE host Chasetown in at pre-season friendly at Sheepy Road tomorrow, kick-off 3pm.
halftimeresults

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Christies Child wrote:
News released by our club has always been a bone of contention with those like myself who believe that it's the one area where we so need to improve. Unfortunately the opposite of late seems to have happened.

Thought that was the defence?

Or the midfield?

Or how the manager spends his budget?

or the Globe's design?

or the speed of the build?

:lol: :lol:
Mark S

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Or the midfield?

or the Globe's design?

or refreshments given to players during training
halftimeresults

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 pm

halftimeresults wrote:
Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Or the midfield?

or the Globe's design?

or refreshments given to players during training

There's plenty more....... :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Neil when will you ever learn. As I understand it negotiations have been on-going. Maybe though there wasn't just football matters to discuss but personal ones and until that was agreed the club couldn't make an announcement? Big feet, big boots, jump on in!
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Not wanting to be named an a***licker but surely the Club will not want to fall into the trap of saying a player has signed, when in actual fact only.an agreement of terms has been made but the i's have not got dots on them. Things can break down at the very last minute because a cat has been let out of the bag and scouts see stuff on message boards. Sometimes its a case of the WAGS to give their approval so let's wait till tomorrow eh 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Preston Shrimp » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:49 pm

great signing, very positive up the shrimps!
Preston Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:31 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Things can break down at the very last minute because a cat has been let out of the bag and scouts see stuff on message boards.

Correct. Which is why I have been astounded that despite being asked really nicely not to, some people have still felt the need to mention a certain performance. I couldnt tell whether it was arrogance or just pure selfishness.
Mark S

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 pm

look at the impact charlie austin had at swindon last season after signing from non league poole town ...if hendrie is half as good I will be very happy
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:12 pm

He may have agrred to sign and only have his contract and medical to sort out if he does sign it looks to be a good buy just a question on if he has step up to this level.
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion