Hello everybody & best wishes !!

Hello everybody & best wishes !!

Postby yorkshire shrimp » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:24 am

This is my first ever post on " Shrimps voices " so please bear with me while i introduce myself. Born and bred in Dewsbury in the heart of west yorkshire & now leaving in Normanton which is a small town half way between the rugby league strongholds of Castleford & Wakefield. My love of the shrimps was sparked by the sheer pleasure & happiness i have always enjoyed up round Morecambe & the bay area. I have been attending matches since the northern premier league days & well remember christie park in pre north stand days. I come up to morecambe for as many saturday home games as i can ( this is made harder by working for a 24 / 7 company & the inevitable weekend shifts ) but i did make ten home games last season including that emotional last league game against aldershot.
On a home match day i get the 5.50 am bus from the end of our road into Leeds so has to have breakfast at Leeds railway station before boarding the 08.19 train from Leeds to Morecambe , then follows a great day in morecambe including the match all finished off with some food in the " Eric Bartholomew " before catching the last train back to Leeds ( 19.09 ) from Morecambe. Last season i always came home with a bottle of that specially brewed commerative christie park ale bought from the off license on the way back into town.
Well the season starts ay Wycombe this coming saturday , hope those of you travelling to Buckinghamshire have a great time & come back with at least a point !
yorkshire shrimp

Re: Hello everybody & best wishes !!

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:40 am

yorkshire shrimp wrote:This is my first ever post on " Shrimps voices " so please bear with me while i introduce myself. Born and bred in Dewsbury in the heart of west yorkshire & now leaving in Normanton which is a small town half way between the rugby league strongholds of Castleford & Wakefield. My love of the shrimps was sparked by the sheer pleasure & happiness i have always enjoyed up round Morecambe & the bay area. I have been attending matches since the northern premier league days & well remember christie park in pre north stand days. I come up to morecambe for as many saturday home games as i can ( this is made harder by working for a 24 / 7 company & the inevitable weekend shifts ) but i did make ten home games last season including that emotional last league game against aldershot.
On a home match day i get the 5.50 am bus from the end of our road into Leeds so has to have breakfast at Leeds railway station before boarding the 08.19 train from Leeds to Morecambe , then follows a great day in morecambe including the match all finished off with some food in the " Eric Bartholomew " before catching the last train back to Leeds ( 19.09 ) from Morecambe. Last season i always came home with a bottle of that specially brewed commerative christie park ale bought from the off license on the way back into town.
Well the season starts ay Wycombe this coming saturday , hope those of you travelling to Buckinghamshire have a great time & come back with at least a point !

Welcome to the board and the new season. I have a mate in Wakefield that runs one of the local Luminar establishments. It's amazing how many memories of Christie Park will stick in our minds for the rest of our lives and here we are with a new era about to unfold.
Maybe you can start a trend for us all to introduce ourselves and come out in the open :o

There again maybe not! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby yorkshire shrimp » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:05 am

Cheers Marky No 1 - great to here from you.
I should also have said in my introduction that my wife Sharon is now also an avid shrimp , she works many saturdays but manages to swap the odd shift. When i come up by myself i had my favourite spot in the north stand & when Sharon comes up we sat in the main stand. We all now have to find our new favourite spot at the " Globe " !!
Regarding memories it does not seem that long ago i made the short trip to Guiseley to watch the shrimps in the northern premier league - Doesnt time fly when you are enjoying yourself ? !!!!
yorkshire shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 am

Welcome to Shrimps Voices Yorkshire Shrimp!!

You are one of many who are willing to travel to get to home games to enjoy the friendly, progressive club, that is Morecambe FC. There are quite a few of us dotted up and down the country who regularly make the pilgrimage!

Hope you keep enjoying your trips.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:17 am

I wish me and Doris lived a bit closer.
Can only make the trip twice a season if we're lucky.
Don't suppose you use these when you fly from Leeds/Bradford do you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg
Plain Peter

Postby yorkshire shrimp » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 am

Hi Burnley Shrimp , you make a great point about Morecambe F.C being a friendly club.
We spend a fair bit of money in the club shop & a good example of a friendly face of the club is the lady in there ( Karen ) as was the young lady who assisted her on match days last season.
The fans themselves seem to be top people , we have met a family up there who now live in Morecambe but originate from Skipton who are massive fans.
Then one night whilst having a dink in the Cheiften we met " Sam " the barmaid who is an avid morecambe fan from the north stand.
As for a club ambassorder it would be hard to top Jim Bentley , after the final league game against Aldershot we stayed up in morecambe in an appartment on the east prom ( Eden court ) As we walked back there we saw Jim Bentley outside the Lothersdale hotel , despite being busy & having to get back to the players presentation night he was keen to have a brief word with us. In work , sport & life many people seem happy just to do what they have to do whilst others have the passion to go the extra mile - Jim Bentley is as great example of someone who goes the extra mile !!
yorkshire shrimp

Postby Sharpy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 am

is he darren in disguise?
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Aspers » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am

Welcome Yorkshire Shrimp.
I live in Sydney Australia.
I am an unashamed name dropper and the resident expert on all manners pertaining to homosexuality or theatre.
Once trod the boards with the very famour Shrimper!!
Aspers

Return to General Discussion