O/T HOTPOTS GRAND THEATER FRIDAY NIGHT

O/T HOTPOTS GRAND THEATER FRIDAY NIGHT

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:50 pm

The lancashire hot pots are on at the grand theatre friday, there are a few tickets left, very highly recomended fun night, get yerslf a chippy tea on the way :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: O/T HOTPOTS GRAND THEATER FRIDAY NIGHT

Postby Posh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 pm

I'd rather pass a kidney stone.

One afternoon in The Cairngorms taught me that after 'chippy tea' they're one a one trick pony but with fleas, open sores and liver disease.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Elaborate :?:

very odd response from a usually clever and witty poster :?:

is your dad using your computer :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Posh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:55 am

We went to watch Huntly v Keith at Christie Park and the Magic Bus took over seven hours to get there. On the way back on a glorious day we went via the snowy Cairngorms. Freez organises the music and usually plays an eclectic and highly entertaining mix of music including comedy stuff. The one that got everyone singing was There Was A Mouse. However near Aviemore he started playing a whole Lancashire Hotpots CD. An hour later people a sleepy bus of hangovers, Screws readers and snoozers were near suicidal and in open rebellion. People were pretending to hang themselves with Morecambe scarves. Shrimper was apoplectic to the extent that if the Hotpots were in the bus it would have been like putting a tiger next to them. Their only trick is they're Lancastrians with accents, 'ee int it rest grand' but bar the odd moment they are incredibly unfunny. At least the Wurzels did a few stomping tunes. Every local dialect act I've ever heard has been awful. Yet for some reason the have a following of locals whose mentality is 'they talk like me, aren't they great'. Awful, awful, awful and the mighty beauty and the majesty of the Caingorms will never be the same again.

The
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:21 am

Posh wrote:We went to watch Huntly v Keith at Christie Park and the Magic Bus took over seven hours to get there. On the way back on a glorious day we went via the snowy Cairngorms. Freez organises the music and usually plays an eclectic and highly entertaining mix of music including comedy stuff. The one that got everyone singing was There Was A Mouse. However near Aviemore he started playing a whole Lancashire Hotpots CD. An hour later people a sleepy bus of hangovers, Screws readers and snoozers were near suicidal and in open rebellion. People were pretending to hang themselves with Morecambe scarves. Shrimper was apoplectic to the extent that if the Hotpots were in the bus it would have been like putting a tiger next to them. Their only trick is they're Lancastrians with accents, 'ee int it rest grand' but bar the odd moment they are incredibly unfunny. At least the Wurzels did a few stomping tunes. Every local dialect act I've ever heard has been awful. Yet for some reason the have a following of locals whose mentality is 'they talk like me, aren't they great'. Awful, awful, awful and the mighty beauty and the majesty of the Caingorms will never be the same again.

The

Git it reet..... ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 am

hmm a lad at work has just seen them at a festival about 2 weeks ago said they played for an hour and were fantastic.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby NeilG » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 am

Why write an essay just to say " I don't like that" ? all forms of art are subjective.
NeilG

Postby Shire Shrimp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:41 am

I got to say, I'll be there on Friday, I've seen them about 5-6 times and each time I've loved them! I guess they're a bit of a marmite band! When on stage the banter is pretty good and their cover of RATMs 'Killing in the name of' had me in stitches in Preston at Christmas.

Granted, their material follows a fairly simple formula and they'll never win a Mercury Music Prize, but if you take them for what they are and are looking for a bit of light hearted entertainment, I dont think you'll find anything better locally.
Shire Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:13 am

Just booked my tickets on line and there are still a few seats available prob around 30ish.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Posh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:36 pm

NeilG wrote:Why write an essay just to say " I don't like that" ? all forms of art are subjective.

Just so you could have a whinge? :?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 pm

SHOPMOBILITY SCOOTER :lol:

Total class, eat your heart out Galleggoh :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby NeilG » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Posh wrote:
NeilG wrote:Why write an essay just to say " I don't like that" ? all forms of art are subjective.

Just so you could have a whinge? :?

Every local dialect act I've ever heard has been awful. Yet for some reason the have a following of locals whose mentality is 'they talk like me, aren't they great'. Awful, awful, awful

Inspired by the master of whinge and king patronizer of fellow shrimps. ;)
NeilG

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:33 am

Take it that nielg and posh hate each other, they must be married :lol: :lol:

Hotpots is sold out, looking forward to a good night :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby NeilG » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:34 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Take it that nielg and posh hate each other, they must be married :lol: :lol:

I don't hate anyone, I just generally disagree with the gospel according to St Michael and he doesn't appreciate my abruptness :D we have history by the way, if only he'd accepted my peace offering of a pint in Farnborough 10 years ago none of this would be happening and who knows we could even have been tolerant of eachother by now ;)
NeilG

Postby Posh » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:33 pm

NeilG wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:Take it that nielg and posh hate each other, they must be married :lol: :lol:

I don't hate anyone, I just generally disagree with the gospel according to St Michael and he doesn't appreciate my abruptness :D we have history by the way, if only he'd accepted my peace offering of a pint in Farnborough 10 years ago none of this would be happening and who knows we could even have been tolerant of eachother by now ;)

Hilarious. I don't hate Neil, I love Neil. This board wouldn't be the same without him. He says he disagrees with me but he doesn't know how to disagree. As a result we have a lovers' tiff once a year, then it's back to hugs and moistness.

In this particular case, I gave an impassioned story to illustrate why I'm no fan of the Hotbotters. It was obviously speckled with a bit of story-telling and the truth is I quite like 'chippy tea' and without a hangover it may all have been different (although I very much doubt it).

Yet in return I get a reply from Neil that can be condensed to say, 'you've written too much, why do you have to write so much, now shut up'. This is then followed up by the immortal line 'art is subjective'. Bugger me I thought everyone loved the works of Tracey Emin!!! (NB: Neil was that patronising enough?). OK leaving alone the debate that the Lancashire Hottrots are art, so is so much else subjective - politics, economics, philosophy, religion and of course the main religion - football. That's why there are messageboards for all these subjects and why people post lengthy impassioned viewpoints.

For example, others would make the case for the Lancashire Hotcocks by quoting excellent reviews in the Oswaldtwistle Messenger and quote the beauty of their lyrics. That would be obviously tackle the debate in hand but would involve a lot of writing. On the other hand there is Neil G, who say that an issue is subjective, 'so stop writing lots of stuff and shut up'. You've got to love him for that.

Or in the immortal words of the Lancashire Hotrocks

In this Lancashire Town
This Lancashire Town
We both held hands
Outside Matalan's
I tucked in me vest
Outside the old Nat West
I needed company
So I snogged big Neil G
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby NeilG » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Posh wrote:
NeilG wrote:

Hilarious. I don't hate Neil, I love Neil. This board wouldn't be the same without him. He says he disagrees with me but he doesn't know how to disagree. As a result we have a lovers' tiff once a year, then it's back to hugs and moistness.

In this particular case, I gave an impassioned story to illustrate why I'm no fan of the Hotbotters. It was obviously speckled with a bit of story-telling and the truth is I quite like 'chippy tea' and without a hangover it may all have been different (although I very much doubt it).

Yet in return I get a reply from Neil that can be condensed to say, 'you've written too much, why do you have to write so much, now shut up'. This is then followed up by the immortal line 'art is subjective'. Bugger me I thought everyone loved the works of Tracey Emin!!! (NB: Neil was that patronising enough?). OK leaving alone the debate that the Lancashire Hottrots are art, so is so much else subjective - politics, economics, philosophy, religion and of course the main religion - football. That's why there are messageboards for all these subjects and why people post lengthy impassioned viewpoints.

For example, others would make the case for the Lancashire Hotcocks by quoting excellent reviews in the Oswaldtwistle Messenger and quote the beauty of their lyrics. That would be obviously tackle the debate in hand but would involve a lot of writing. On the other hand there is Neil G, who say that an issue is subjective, 'so stop writing lots of stuff and shut up'. You've got to love him for that.

Or in the immortal words of the Lancashire Hotrocks

In this Lancashire Town
This Lancashire Town
We both held hands
Outside Matalan's
I tucked in me vest
Outside the old Nat West
I needed company
So I snogged big Neil G

Here you go off on one again ! will you ever stop writing lots of stuff and shut up ? and don't be sending any of that man love vibe across here matey otherwise my security team will find you and show you the golden rivet at the Globe arena.

ps It's not that I don't know how to argue, I just don't enjoy it as much as being down right rude to people, so go run up a stick you ****ner ner ner.

pps Tracey Emin is a liar if she said that, anyway she leaves her dirty knickers everywhere pffffff.
NeilG

Postby The Marksman » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Has anyone else attempted to swat the screen before they realised it was just Posh's avatar? It took me a good minute or two, I thought somehow a bug had got in behind my LCD so I was pressing it attempting to squash the thing...
The Marksman

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:14 am

Hotpots were fantastic, sell out crowd 8 to 80 plus age range, full standing ovation, support act were also exellent, good night :!: :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby NeilG » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:59 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Hotpots were fantastic, sell out crowd 8 to 80 plus age range, full standing ovation, support act were also exellent, good night :!: :!:

I knew it would be a huge success, that posh bloke hasn't got a clue ;)
NeilG

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Funny that posh,

you label the hotpots a one trick pony with chippy tea, but can slightly alter , this lancashire town as if you wrote it, gone to a lot of trouble there, or are you a closet fan :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Posh » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:02 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Funny that posh,

you label the hotpots a one trick pony with chippy tea, but can slightly alter , this lancashire town as if you wrote it, gone to a lot of trouble there, or are you a closet fan :lol:

No. I said it was there words and it took me two seconds to find on Google.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:12 pm

Didn't their drummer sadly pass away quite recently ?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:39 am

killed himself mate

totally different from passing on, as it is selfish on your loved ones.
mrpotatohead

Postby Posh » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:08 am

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion