Vuvuzela Poll

Should Vuvuzelas be banned from The Globe Arena?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 90

Re: Vuvuzela Poll

Postby NeilG » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 am

I think the vuvuzela is best left where it is appreciated most, it's not part of our football culture and sounds like it never will be thankfully.

its early days, but it looks like 22 percent, ie 400 or so, fans, projected figure, like vuvuzelas, nobody can enforce a ban on them, lets bring em on :!:

True nobody can enforce a ban on you outside the ground on Needham Avenue or anywhere else, but let's see how long you last before it get's shoved where the sun doesn't shine by a local resident shall we :lol: :lol: :lol:
NeilG

Postby Ntini » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:53 am

I personally don't see a need to ban them. Yes they are part of the South African football culture and, having had a world cup there, some people may want to replicate the atomosphere generated at those matches. But they won't! People have long brought little horns to football games and nobody has ever bothered. It will be a fad and let's face it, the noise (irritating to some) won't be the same in English grounds because there won't be enough of them...

...all in all, a big fuss about nothing if you ask me!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:29 pm

What next....??

Ban the drum???

They'll die a death all of their own eventually.

Leave well alone.

I would have thought our Board would have more serious issues to resolve rather than this.

:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:05 pm

A dont know option would have diluted the percentages in favour of the ayes, we would then have approached the dont knows with an offer to form a vuvulition, and told the club what was decided, anyway the yes vote is gaining more vuvumentom :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby wijit » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Morectalk wrote:The question must be, can you stand for 90 minutes while someone, no matter if he/she is 13 or 30, blows a horn over & over & over & over again. At some point you are going to have to say something & then it gets all confrontational. Drums are always at the back and if you want to stand next to them you can, if not you move away. If horns are all over the place, nowhere will be sactuary.

Do you really think the noise in SA was from just a few people blowing vuvuzela's? Have you tried to blow one? That's probably a 2xno! You can't continuously blow them, it took many thousands to make that much noise. An individual can blow one for a couple of seconds and then stop, and then try again. Individually, you blow them less than infrequently, but as usual every sod on here knows everything and now our club has decided to ban them.
Great.
Can we have a poll on drums, adults singing, adults swearing, kids singing, kids swearing, kids running along the bottom of stands, Christie being there, people wearing shirts which aren't Morecambe, eating pies, clapping, cheering, booing, watching the game, usuing mobiles during the game, using cameras with flashes, walking to the ground in groups of more than three and anything else some people might enjoy or take the slightest pleasure out of? I don't think we've done enough just yet to make people less welcome.
If you, seriously, would have your enjoyment of the game spoilt by a plastic bloody horn then you truly are pathetic. It's a 60cm piece of plastic which the owners would soon get bored of taking as they soon run out of desire and ability to use them and they are not exactly easy to just hold onto watching a match.
I despair, I really do.
wijit

Postby Splodge » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:13 pm

The poll is irrelevant; they've already been banned. Why bother getting worked up over it?
Splodge

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:16 pm

totally with you, censorship usually filters down to the jobsworths to enforce causing, civil disobedience, I persnally will aplaud the first VV blower at the globe :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:34 pm

I would suggest a walk round the new stadium in the dark Wijit, does you the world of good :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:46 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:totally with you, censorship usually filters down to the jobsworths to enforce causing, civil disobedience, I persnally will aplaud the first VV blower at the globe :!:

You've lost this one mate. Get over it.
durhamshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:57 pm

I hope no one buys any, chucks em over the wall or down the sides, and rascal kids dont then defy our junta, that would be awful :lol:

I think the shop on westgate caravan park sell them very cheap :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby outsider » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 pm

I might get some of these to hand out with some balloons for the kids at the Coventry game ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-PARTY-BLOWERS ... 439a62637c
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby AJC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:28 pm

I voted against the vuvuzela ban, partly because it's a fad that will lost no more than 5 games, and partly because I think that the club should be selling them at a huge markup and making a profit on them during their very limited duration of appeal. Can imagine selling 50 or so a game for a couple of weeks at £8 a piece, only for people to find the can't get any noise out of them, and can't be bothered blowing on it for more than 3 minutes anyway, as I'm sure they'll be distracted by the total football on show.
AJC

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm

AJC wrote:I voted against the vuvuzela ban, partly because it's a fad that will lost no more than 5 games, and partly because I think that the club should be selling them at a huge markup and making a profit on them during their very limited duration of appeal. Can imagine selling 50 or so a game for a couple of weeks at £8 a piece, only for people to find the can't get any noise out of them, and can't be bothered blowing on it for more than 3 minutes anyway, as I'm sure they'll be distracted by the total football on show.

ITS BANNED......................................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Settled then, buy em and blow em, the moaners lose, chuck it over the wall, give it to a mate when a steward spots you :x
mrpotatohead

Postby AJC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:38 pm

In justifying why I'm against the ban (which has obviously already been enforced, as you say) I was writing a HYPOTHETICAL foresight into the situation that COULD occur IF they weren't banned. Keep up
AJC

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 pm

1234 I JUST STARTED A FINGER WAR :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby durianmuncher » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:02 am

I'm delighted they have been banned. Well done to everyone who was involved in making the right decision.
Horrendous things.
durianmuncher

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:33 am

durianmuncher wrote:Horrendous things.

Bit like a smelly durian :lol: ;)
Plain Peter

Postby durianmuncher » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:09 am

Peter wrote:
durianmuncher wrote:Horrendous things.

Bit like a smelly durian :lol: ;)

So you have tried consuming plastic vuvuzelas? :o
durianmuncher

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:16 am

durianmuncher wrote:So you have tried consuming plastic vuvuzelas? :o

No, I even have to take my teeth out to pronounce the word :)
Plain Peter

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:20 am

Durian muncher - how many games have you been too where people were blowing Vuvu's?
How many games on TV have you watched where people were blowing Vuvu's?

Are you justified in what you say?

This decision to ban them is at best misguided, naive and over the top - at worst its downright stupidity in jumping on the band wagon and patronising us the fans who are (in most cases) quite capable of making our own mind up and whether we want to blow them or not

As has been said they will most likely be a fad for a few games and then disappear but I can assure you they WOULD HAVE improved the atmosphere at Morecambe home games - any fan who goes to away games knows the home atmosphere needs all the help it can get.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby durianmuncher » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 am

Peter wrote:
durianmuncher wrote:So you have tried consuming plastic vuvuzelas? :o

No, I even have to take my teeth out to pronounce the word :)

:lol: :lol:

Next time you're in Borneo, try a fruit called tarap. Very special indeed, and you don't need teeth to savour it. Info here:
http://allthingsborneo.blogspot.com/200 ... fruit.html
durianmuncher

Postby durianmuncher » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 am

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Durian muncher - how many games have you been too where people were blowing Vuvu's?
How many games on TV have you watched where people were blowing Vuvu's?

Are you justified in what you say?

This decision to ban them is at best misguided, naive and over the top - at worst its downright stupidity in jumping on the band wagon and patronising us the fans who are (in most cases) quite capable of making our own mind up and whether we want to blow them or not

As has been said they will most likely be a fad for a few games and then disappear but I can assure you they WOULD HAVE improved the atmosphere at Morecambe home games - any fan who goes to away games knows the home atmosphere needs all the help it can get.

This unofficial poll is a fair indicator of opinion, no?
durianmuncher

Postby Mark S » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:37 am

wijit wrote:
Morectalk wrote:The question must be, can you stand for 90 minutes while someone, no matter if he/she is 13 or 30, blows a horn over & over & over & over again. At some point you are going to have to say something & then it gets all confrontational. Drums are always at the back and if you want to stand next to them you can, if not you move away. If horns are all over the place, nowhere will be sactuary.

Do you really think the noise in SA was from just a few people blowing vuvuzela's? Have you tried to blow one? That's probably a 2xno! You can't continuously blow them, it took many thousands to make that much noise. An individual can blow one for a couple of seconds and then stop, and then try again. Individually, you blow them less than infrequently, but as usual every sod on here knows everything and now our club has decided to ban them.
Great.
Can we have a poll on drums, adults singing, adults swearing, kids singing, kids swearing, kids running along the bottom of stands, Christie being there, people wearing shirts which aren't Morecambe, eating pies, clapping, cheering, booing, watching the game, usuing mobiles during the game, using cameras with flashes, walking to the ground in groups of more than three and anything else some people might enjoy or take the slightest pleasure out of? I don't think we've done enough just yet to make people less welcome.
If you, seriously, would have your enjoyment of the game spoilt by a plastic bloody horn then you truly are pathetic. It's a 60cm piece of plastic which the owners would soon get bored of taking as they soon run out of desire and ability to use them and they are not exactly easy to just hold onto watching a match.
I despair, I really do.

For goodness sake, get a grip before you have a heart attack.

A couple of points to consider.

The 'Vuvuzela' has already been banned by the club
True 'vuvuzelas' are unlikely to feature as they are as difficult as a trumpet to get any sound out of. A plastic horn with a ready made blower are the variety I have seen on sale.
I stated up front that this 'Poll' was unscientific and just for fun and promoting discussion.

It was never intended to get anyone so angry.

BTW I went to Crewe v Blackpool the other night and one lad on the home terrace had a 'vuvuzela'. Every time he blew it, it was like an air horn, and that was just one!

Arts send his regards and Crewe fans send their thanks after a flawless display by him. They cant believe their luck at bagging him.
Mark S

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 am

It is a fair reflection of peoples opinion and I would never deny anyone thier opinions.

I would say don't knock anything until you have tried it and don't judge anything or anyone on anything but YOUR OWN experiences and if you don't have any then simply don't judge.

Two thirds don't want them but how many of those have actualy experienced a game with them? - why didn't we wait and give them a chance? - why does the club feel the need to ban them before even experiencing them?

We may all have ended up hating them but at least we would have got try it and weren't told our thoughts didn't count and we couldn't choose. :(
SkinnyShrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion