Chesterfield's new stadium

Chesterfield's new stadium

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:20 pm

http://cfc.trendnetdirect.co.uk/cfc/ipc ... 0724113509

Looks very impressive.

Some of the detail even down to the way the advertising boards have been fixed behind the goals is excellent.

The Globe Arena will no doubt be a credit to our club. Albeit on a completely different scale and original brief.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Chesterfield's new stadium

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:24 pm

it might look nice but imagine it with 3 or 4 thousand spread out in 10,000 seats. it will have the atmosphere of a church.

How many years out of their 130 odd have they spent in the 2nd tier of English Football?

They dont need an all seater, its just an excuse to rip everyone off to the tune of £20 +
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Is the cone to scare the pigeons away?

This must be the 58th Spirite thread! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I dont think anyone can say its not impressive, good luck to them, as for having a church like atmosphere when 35-50 percent full, do you apply the same reasoning to our ratio i.e 2200 fans in our 6500 arena, I am sure most of us will be very pleased with our new home as they will be with theirs :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby phil1965365 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:35 pm

They had a full house against derby 8,500.............sell out.....they are restricted to 85% capacity for first few games..safety reasons.....VERY IMPRESSIVE GROUND...
phil1965365

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:01 pm

Some more shots on this, very good, site.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

The site is also asking for help with pictures of our new ground, if anyone can help.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Singapore Shrimp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:23 am

It would be interesting to know the cost difference between that and the Globe
Singapore Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:55 am

This has been posted before, I believe about 2 million difference, but we had to buy our land, pay for WW to relocate, and never got the grants they got :?:

plus we are building the extra surrounding facilities.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:13 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:Some more shots on this, very good, site.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

The site is also asking for help with pictures of our new ground, if anyone can help.

If we sent him pictures, do they then become his copyright?

I see they have also kept the "Karen Child Stand" After her "outbursts" I thought they would have kicked that idea into touch? :?
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Seriously Neil I couldn't give a otss about their new stadium, but with you starting a fresh post on it virtually every other week I think you are comparing ours to theirs. :o

Chesterfield were given their site FOC by the council. (Free of charge) :!:
They were actually told that they were going there in 2005.
No training facilities on site, no community facilities, no junior football team to relocate.
Just another empty ground to visit, well.... once at least.

As someone pointed out on the football forum site, they've been a league club for something like 140 years :o - we may have some catching up to do.

Morecambe listened to their fans when they said they wanted terracing to remain, although like the North Stand at the old ground, the terracing can be (relatively) easily converted to seating if required later.

Personally I like to go to watch my team at home in a football ground with a traditional atmosphere not a freaking morgue à la Darlington and, I suspect, them next year.

Some people need to take themselves outside, give their heads a damn good shake and come back inside.
Rome certainly wasn't built in a day and compared to 140 years we are in our infancy.
I'm not against people putting questions up if the have concerns, but some on here are malicious. I'm not saying you are Neil in repeatedly posting these links, but some people are upsetting themselves by comparing the two, completely, different sites.
The club are doing the best they can in exceptionally difficult times, support them.
morecambe mick

Postby halftimeresults » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Did someone get out of the bed the wrong side this morning?
halftimeresults

Postby nobbyshrimp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:20 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Seriously Neil I couldn't give a otss about their new stadium, but with you starting a fresh post on it virtually every other week I think you are comparing ours to theirs. :o

Chesterfield were given their site FOC by the council. (Free of charge) :!:
They were actually told that they were going there in 2005.
No training facilities on site, no community facilities, no junior football team to relocate.
Just another empty ground to visit, well.... once at least.

As someone pointed out on the football forum site, they've been a league club for something like 140 years :o - we may have some catching up to do.

Morecambe listened to their fans when they said they wanted terracing to remain, although like the North Stand at the old ground, the terracing can be (relatively) easily converted to seating if required later.

Personally I like to go to watch my team at home in a football ground with a traditional atmosphere not a freaking morgue à la Darlington and, I suspect, them next year.

Some people need to take themselves outside, give their heads a damn good shake and come back inside.
Rome certainly wasn't built in a day and compared to 140 years we are in our infancy.
I'm not against people putting questions up if the have concerns, but some on here are malicious. I'm not saying you are Neil in repeatedly posting these links, but some people are upsetting themselves by comparing the two, completely, different sites.
The club are doing the best they can in exceptionally difficult times, support them.

At last some sense! Well said Mick. Now give it a bloody rest. Be proud of what we have acheived, we're moving in the right direction and at what i personally think is at the right speed. There are some damn good stadiums in the league now but also some good ones in none league. We have one to be proud of, better than alot of others but also not as good as some but I don't really give a damn about anybody else's. Morecambe are moving forward steadily and i'd rather do this than sprint. Remember Telford? Lovely ground they have.
nobbyshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:36 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Did someone get out of the bed the wrong side this morning?

You went to bed for a change? :o ..

I have this image of Mick walking outside, giving his (or somebody else's) head a good shake then coming back in :lol: :lol:

Well said that man ;) Glad you explained F.O.C. it could have been taken to mean something else.
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:30 pm

marky No.1 wrote:If we sent him pictures, do they then become his copyright?

No. Any images that you took are your copyright regardless unless you choose to sell/give the copyright away (although why you'd ever want to give away copyright I can't imagine?) You would be giving permission to use your image and can attach any restrictions that you want to, for example, free use of the image but clearly crediting the image to you or what ever. Taking images inside a private environment, the copyright remains yours however the 'use' of the images is not yours. So, for example, if you took a camera to Christie Park and took a photo, the copyright is yours but the club might refuse you permission to display the image anywhere. A good, 'real' example would be if you took a video during the game and then posted it on YouTube, you could expect the Football League to tell you to remove it pretty quickly! If you take a photo in a private arena, the club/concert security/whoever have no right to delete images or confiscate the camera but they do have the right to throw you out!

Taking photos of people is interesting and I may be slightly wrong here but as I understand it... If the photographer is in a public place then they can take anyone's photo and it can be displayed without the permission of the subject. But, if you want to 'promote' an item (ie advertising) then you need a model release form. Also, there are some privacy laws which again, can't stop the photographer from 'taking' the photo but can stop them from 'using' the photo (or selling it!). So, Prince Harry's girlfriend's bikini top falls off on a beach and you have a massive lens pointed at her at that moment and you are in the money but if the bikini falls off while standing by a private pool with you pointing a big lens through the estate gates and you may not be able to sell them to The Sun. Some buildings require a model release form too!

The police can not stop you from taking a photo from a public place (generally) unless you are causing a public order offence. So 'anti-terrorism' doesn't actually stop photographers even though the police have been known to threaten people with this legislation. They don't have a right to confiscate memory cards/force deletion etc. But, if you carry on taking photos after being asked/told not to may result in that public order offence becoming a self fulfilling prophecy :roll:

Does that help! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:25 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Seriously Neil I couldn't give a otss about their new stadium, but with you starting a fresh post on it virtually every other week I think you are comparing ours to theirs. :o

Some people need to take themselves outside, give their heads a damn good shake and come back inside. The club are doing the best they can in exceptionally difficult times, support them.

Very eloquently put sir. Agree with every word, except 'come back inside'.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 pm

and I think but I might be wrong they have paid for it by their new chairman (whos name I have just forgot) loaning them money. This is the man that screwed Sheff wed over so I wouldn't be suprised if in the future he asks Chesterfield for all his money back.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby spireitenag » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:14 am

HI! Chesterfield fan here in peace.
I don't really understand why the sudden outbursts of animosity have emerged between certain fans of both of our clubs. Although I suspect the feelings of Barry Roche when departing Chesterfield and joining your club may well have a lot to do with it!
I personally have no axe to grind with Barry and accept that sometimes he came in for a certain amount of flak from a small minority of our fans.But his reactions to that on occasions, namely rude hand gestures and four letter word rants didn't help his cause.
The main reason for my visit to your board is to try and set the record straight with regards a number of ill informed posts on here regarding our new ground and financial situation.
1.New ground cost was 13 million.
2.We were gifted the land by developers Wilson Bowden not by the council although it was at their instigation as part of the deal to allow the retail development on the same site to go ahead.
3.The ground build was financed as follows: 4 million share purchase by Dave Allen,2 million loan from Dave Allen,2 million from sale of Saltergate,2 million from the bank and the rest in grants.
4.The football league trust does not give grants for standing terracing,which also is more expensive than seating due to the need for higher stress levels.
5.The east stand at our new home has a large development to its rear that is entirely for community facilities.
6.There is little space for training facilities,other than a gym but we have state of the art facilities less than 15 minutes drive away.
7.We have to date spent 20 seasons in the 2nd tier of football.
8. Dave Allen left Sheffield Wednesday in a far better financial postion than when he arrived there.In fact he actually financed several transfers whilst he was there out of his own pocket and got them promoted.
I hope this goes a long way towards clearing a few things up and I wish you well in your new home.
spireitenag

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:26 am

Thanks for that. I.M.O. most of our fans are in great disappointment that our stadium hasn't been delivered on time and understandably so. They also feel that the cost of it, in terms of a football ground, is so much higher than yours in terms of seat capacity etc. Unfortunately for you guys you just happened to start building at the same time and in some peoples eyes have a finished product for less money. It happens to be you but it could have been Man U. or Sligo Rivers the result would have been the same. As has been pointed out by one of our wiser members we are a minnow in terms of this league and we need to get a grip :!:
marky No.1

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:29 am

Chesterfield have a great ground but crap fans
halftimeresults

Postby scar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:44 am

spireitenag wrote:HI! Chesterfield fan here in peace.
I don't really understand why the sudden outbursts of animosity have emerged between certain fans of both of our clubs. Although I suspect the feelings of Barry Roche when departing Chesterfield and joining your club may well have a lot to do with it!
I personally have no axe to grind with Barry and accept that sometimes he came in for a certain amount of flak from a small minority of our fans.But his reactions to that on occasions, namely rude hand gestures and four letter word rants didn't help his cause.
The main reason for my visit to your board is to try and set the record straight with regards a number of ill informed posts on here regarding our new ground and financial situation.
1.New ground cost was 13 million.
2.We were gifted the land by developers Wilson Bowden not by the council although it was at their instigation as part of the deal to allow the retail development on the same site to go ahead.
3.The ground build was financed as follows: 4 million share purchase by Dave Allen,2 million loan from Dave Allen,2 million from sale of Saltergate,2 million from the bank and the rest in grants.
4.The football league trust does not give grants for standing terracing,which also is more expensive than seating due to the need for higher stress levels.
5.The east stand at our new home has a large development to its rear that is entirely for community facilities.
6.There is little space for training facilities,other than a gym but we have state of the art facilities less than 15 minutes drive away.
7.We have to date spent 20 seasons in the 2nd tier of football.
8. Dave Allen left Sheffield Wednesday in a far better financial postion than when he arrived there.In fact he actually financed several transfers whilst he was there out of his own pocket and got them promoted.
I hope this goes a long way towards clearing a few things up and I wish you well in your new home.

Cheers Nag,

There are a few of us here that undersatand the make up of your development, hwoever, some folk just see the end figures of both builds but fail to see what has been gifted and where money has come from etc, hence in their eyes, 'we've been well and truely done up like a kipper' - where in reality, we've got a decent deal that leaves the club debt free, and Chesterfield get a great new ground on gifted land and 4 million loans to service.

Not knocking the B2net at all, your average gates in the past few seasons should service the repayments, but in the current cfinancial climate i'd rather the football club be debt free than having to service debts (even though interest rates are currently at their lowest).

Cheers for visiting though, will look forward to visiting your place sometime soon.
scar

Postby Heysham_red » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:42 am

scar wrote:Cheers Nag,

I second that. You didn't have to come on here and post this info so its much appreciated (to me anyway)

Its been said a few times but I think aesthetically your stadium is much nice than ours. Its has been delivered on time and as some again have pointed out and only a fraction more. Which I am envious of. This kind of animosity has probably led to the ill feeling between some fans of both teams. But let me assure you. I believe that us Morecambe fans are a great bunch and we don't actually dislike anyone (Except Bradfud).

I cant speak for everyone but I wish you good luck this season (but not against us) and I hope you enjoy your new home.

spireitenag wrote:The football league trust does not give grants for standing terracing,which also is more expensive than seating due to the need for higher stress levels.

This is interesting. And if its true then its credit to our board that they listen to the fans and decided against seats because thats what many of us want despite being able to save money through development and grants. Its amazing what goes on in the back ground that we don't appreciate.
Last edited by Heysham_red on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heysham_red

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 am

" a need for higher stress levels" :shock:

I already can't take any more!
marky No.1

Postby John L » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 am

Heysham_red wrote:
spireitenag wrote:The football league trust does not give grants for standing terracing,which also is more expensive than seating due to the need for higher stress levels.

This is interesting. And if its true then its a detriment to our board that they listen to the fans and decided against seats because thats what many of us want despite being able to save money through development and grants. Its amazing what goes on in the back ground that we don't appreciate.

I think detriment is the wrong word, mate! ;)
John L

Postby Heysham_red » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 am

John L wrote:I think detriment is the wrong word, mate! ;)

it most certainly is! i am not even sure how I got it so wrong but I have edited it now!
Heysham_red

Postby John L » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:48 am

Heysham_red wrote:
John L wrote:I think detriment is the wrong word, mate! ;)

it most certainly is! i am not even sure how I got it so wrong but I have edited it now!

Well done! No-one will ever notice! :lol:
John L

Return to General Discussion