Vuvuzela Poll

Should Vuvuzelas be banned from The Globe Arena?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 90

Vuvuzela Poll

Postby Mark S » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:25 pm

With the should they be banned debate ongoing, I thought it would be fun to do a very unscientific poll.

Cast your votes! :)
Mark S

Re: Vuvuzela Poll

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Whilst not wanting to use one myself, I defend every shrimp or shrimpettes democratic right to have, and if called upon, use it, to defend our team :D
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 pm

I see freedom of choice is gaining momentum, are vuvuzelas banned from, behind closed doors :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:22 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I see freedom of choice is gaining momentum, are vuvuzelas banned from, behind closed doors :lol:

depends on what side of the door you are on
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 pm

they are not expensive or hard to find

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VUVUZELA-ENGLAND- ... 1e5c8f80f6

just bought mine :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:04 pm

its early days, but it looks like 22 percent, ie 400 or so, fans, projected figure, like vuvuzelas, nobody can enforce a ban on them, lets bring em on :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:06 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:its early days, but it looks like 22 percent, ie 400 or so, fans, projected figure, like vuvuzelas, nobody can enforce a ban on them, lets bring em on :!:

Yep all around you :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:09 pm

mrpotatohead

Postby AJC » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:12 pm

I wouldn't want to use one myself, but I think it's pretty needless to ban them. Can't see more than 10 people bring them to games initially, then as people increasing stare and insult them there'll soon be forgotten. If anything I think banning them will make people want to use them more.
AJC

Postby Opinionated » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:30 pm

ezz wrote:Hardly, it looks like you've observed comments from 'some' members of the forum agreed with them and then assumed this is the majority.

75% (a majority) in favour of them being banned :)
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 pm

so if everyone votes on everything the majority win :lol:

72 percent of our population never voted tory

more people in morecambe will probably prefer vuvuzelas to our team :lol:

I am now determined to buy one, master the art of playing it badly, and play it at every home game :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby Morectalk » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:40 pm

The question must be, can you stand for 90 minutes while someone, no matter if he/she is 13 or 30, blows a horn over & over & over & over again. At some point you are going to have to say something & then it gets all confrontational. Drums are always at the back and if you want to stand next to them you can, if not you move away. If horns are all over the place, nowhere will be sactuary.
Last edited by Morectalk on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morectalk

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:41 pm

I voted wrong can i change :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Opinionated » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:46 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I am now determined to buy one, master the art of playing it badly, and play it at every home game :!:

You wont be allowed in. Also they are too big to hide in your pocket.

Morectalk wrote:The question must be, can you stand for 90 minutes while someone, no matter if he/she is 13 or 30, blows a horn over & over & over & over again. At some point you are going to have to say something & then it gets all confrontational. Drums are always at the backand if you want to stand next to them you can, if not you move away. If horns are all over the place, nowhere will be sactuary.

Spot on, therefore our club like most others have taken the easy option to avoid such confrontation. If only we all shared this view.
Opinionated

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Sammy h wrote:I voted wrong can i change :lol:

blow your Vuvuzela
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Opinionated » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Sammy h wrote:I voted wrong can i change :lol:

Let's have another poll to find out!
Opinionated

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:48 pm

you could say that about anyone about smelly breath or anything. if the 26 percent of us vuvuzlea players are turned away, the club will be out of pocket :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm

the pro s are on the up :!:

we will watch the game for free over the wall and blow away big time :lol:

I will buy a house on needham rise if needed :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Moose » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Yes, yes, yes, before anyone starts.... :-P Didn't want to be the first to post on this thread considering there was already another one going on this subject.... Already been read a few times I know on the other thread I know, but it's here as well now...

mrpotatohead wrote:
If one or two dozen people turned up with them, as would be likely, whers the harm, do you think this debate was ever held at christie park 100 years ago regarding rattles :lol:

Funny you should say that, it was at one of the last few games at Christie that I saw the Father of a young lad trying to snatch a rattle of his lad after it became just 'a little' too much.

As for the Vuvuzela, having just voted in favour to the ban, my problem is one of annoyance. Like has been mentioned, it is not as if everyone will turn up with one, just a few. Great point which I think adds to the arguement for a ban. If there is the odd one scattered here and there then the people stood near to the 'here and there' one no doubt will get pretty fed up over the course of 90 mins probably ending up with a quiet (polite) 'if you don't refrain or remove yourself from my ear hole then.....'
The Vuvus - Vuvuzela plural for short ;-)... I think only add to an 'atmosphere' if every Tom, Dick and Harry has one, not just a few scattered here and there. I am not a Tom... alright might be a bit of a dick at times... but am no Harry either, so would prefer to hear the chants and songs from the crowd.
The drum was 'kind of' brought into the discussion before... well, the drum is the drum, it adds to the rhythm of the songs and chants, it is not a constant din of a certain note. Unless it would be possible to confine anyone with a Vuvu... to a certain indoors 'Vuvu section' * of the ground then I can but only agree with the ban.
* similar to a caesarean section, which might be needed if one was to be 'played' near myself....
Moose

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 pm

If you cannot bellow like a banshee, or blow your horn, screw it, live sport is not sterile :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Anyone remember when Pete Moser took his Trumpet, and blew it for almost all of the 90mins.
:shock: :lol: Some were not very happy with him that day.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Moose » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:13 am

mrpotatohead wrote:If you cannot bellow like a banshee, or blow your horn, screw it, live sport is not sterile :!:

Live sport is not supposed to be annoying either.
Last edited by Moose on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moose

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:12 am

On the fence.
Give the beast a chance.
Just want to see the reactions.
Plain Peter

Postby ezz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:28 am

Opinionated wrote:
ezz wrote:Hardly, it looks like you've observed comments from 'some' members of the forum agreed with them and then assumed this is the majority.

75% (a majority) in favour of them being banned :)

Yet only about 20% of the users of the this forum have voted, then what percentage of this forum make up the actual fan base of home games?
And back to my original point, 99% of the voters havn't actually experienced a proper match with vuvuzela's .
Dont knock it till you've tried it i always say.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:52 am

I thought the club had already decided to ban them along with some premiership clubs?

As I have said previously, they are a nightmare when trying to watch a game on TV but at the World Cup they were fantastic and made for a great atmosphere. I think a lot of those voting 'no' will never have even heard a Vuvu in the right situation - INSIDE THE GROUND!

I found them annoying when blown at inappropriate times but in and around the stadium they were great and when you get 15-20,000 people blowing them at the same time its brilliant.

Can't see the point in banning them now - should we not wait and see what happens - you never know we might even like them! :o - I think the club should wait and review it after 3 or 4 home games - that way they can make an informed decision based on experience and feedback from the fans - not jumping on the bandwagon of populist theory based on TV pundits and TV audiences. Or perhaps only allow them in certain stands where those who want to make a noise and create an atmosphere can only annoy each other.

I can fully understand some people will never be a fan of them but to ban them before giving them a chance seems a bit of a daft, knee jerk reaction to me.
SkinnyShrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion