Let Sammy do his job!

Re: Let Sammy do his job!

Postby marky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:03 pm

To be fair, it's not that mods causing the arguments. Certain posters don't like people being critical on here (and they are entitled to that view). That antagonises those of us who believe no one is above criticism and hence you get the accusations of censorship.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:04 pm

badger wrote:
getting grief for their efforts.... or do you mean ...some contibuters dont agree with their views??

no, I think he means the constant moans when moderators delete libellous threads, ban trolls or lock threads
campdave

Postby Phoenix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:11 pm

getting grief for their efforts.... or do you mean ...some contibuters dont agree with their views??

I didn't mention their views which they have like any other member of the forum and I have yet to hear of a mod editing someone elses message because they didn't like the content rather than it being offensive/libellous/etc. When someone goes too far they edit/zap the message then all they usually get is grief from the author. Sometimes people sober up and appreciate the edit button though :lol:

Most people don't see any of this happening because the offending messages are tidied up before the majority read them.
Phoenix

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:12 pm

badger wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
im sure many shrimps voice contibuters didnt know this

I have to ask, what do you think keeps the forum running? Hard work from a group of people that get little thanks and lots of grief for their efforts.

Yea, bunch of to**ers :!:

;)
:lol: :lol:

For feck sakes can't wait until term time is back in!!

Grow up the lot of ya :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:13 pm

Brian, is 1,012 the attendance at our next home game? ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Phoenix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:15 pm

Marky, thanks for reminding me.
Phoenix

Re: let Sammy do he job!

Postby Neil G » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:22 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Neil G wrote:I wouldn't know Campdave if I fell over him but I don't mind him sticking up for himself the way that he does and some of his retort brings a smile to my face, some people just don't suffer fools :lol:

Are you feeling Sleepy this morning Neil, or just a bit Bashful? I certainly hope Grumpy did'nt wake you up this morning! :lol: :lol:

Hey, I never said a thing, the brother grimm from Yarkshire started all that :lol:
Neil G

Postby Mark S » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:21 pm

bubbles wrote:First let's not forget that being able to express our views on SV's is a privelage given to us by a few dedicated supporters who pay for and moderate the forum so in my opinion they can do what they see fit to keep the board free of morons and witless wind up merchants.

Interesting, im sure many shrimps voice contibuters didnt know this ... this is why those in power buy their own newspapers too !!! controversal

:lol: :lol: The best one yet!

Keith quite clearly you are a megalomaniac control freak intent on World domination! :twisted: I bet you are pleased being likened to your hero Murdoch! :lol:
Mark S

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:24 pm

Mark S wrote:Keith quite clearly you are a megalomaniac control freak intent on World domination! :twisted: I bet you are pleased being likened to your hero Murdoch! :lol:

Hmm, alternatively, they could be referring to you? Not only do you have important influence on here but also the best tannoy bloke in Div Two? So not only do you dominate the Morecambe FC printed word but over the air-ways too? What next, a TV appearance? :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:32 pm

Glen is after a fans view for the Visitor thingy, perhaps he could start there :lol: :lol:

than again he has a face for radio and tannoy :?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Phoenix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:43 pm

also the best tannoy bloke in Div Two

Debatable :lol: Plenty of stick from the north stand after the four and eight announcement. I thought I'd put all that behind me on Friday after the kids had the hotel breakfast room sing to me, 50 people on the coach to the ship sing to me and finally everyone in the bar and entertainment area sing to me on the ship. Enjoyed every second if it ;)
Phoenix

Postby Mark S » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:55 pm

Keith wrote:
Mark S wrote:Keith quite clearly you are a megalomaniac control freak intent on World domination! :twisted: I bet you are pleased being likened to your hero Murdoch! :lol:

Hmm, alternatively, they could be referring to you? Not only do you have important influence on here but also the best tannoy bloke in Div Two? So not only do you dominate the Morecambe FC printed word but over the air-ways too? What next, a TV appearance? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not my name on the registration! :D

If you can call gentle piss taking of Ken Parker at any opportunity 'important influence' then guilty. But this is clearly a shameless attempt to deflect the honest challenge that you are in it for your own selfish interests! Shocking!

Face for tannoy? I think you must have me mixed up with Mids! :D

I want to see 'Robert' on the Visitor webcast!

Brian - Glad to be of service! ;)
Mark S

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 am

Neil G wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:
Neil G wrote:I wouldn't know Campdave if I fell over him but I don't mind him sticking up for himself the way that he does and some of his retort brings a smile to my face, some people just don't suffer fools :lol:

Are you feeling Sleepy this morning Neil, or just a bit Bashful? I certainly hope Grumpy did'nt wake you up this morning! :lol: :lol:

Hey, I never said a thing, the brother grimm from Yarkshire started all that :lol:

:oops: You've made a Rod for your own back saying that :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 am

Callum wrote:Many moons ago I used to post on this forum a lot but then it quickly went downhill almost overnight. No one can have an opinion now without getting slated. Football is a game where you pay you're money to watch it then have an opinion. If people weren't able to "moan" or express their feelings on what they've seen today what's the point of this forum?

Callum - I'd urge you not to be put off. I have to admit to usually being of the 'glass is half full' general attitude and it may be that in the past I have urged people being critical that they might want to temper their comments.

But that is only an opinion of mine.

If people post comments supportive of the manager at a time when we are doing poorly (like the original post here) then that view can be challenged quite justifiably.

Likewise if someone is very critical then that is just an opinion and that can be challenged - it just happens that a challenge to that viewpoint will probably be of the 'back the team, support the boss' type of message.

But it's all merely opinion - to be debated. If someone says: "I think you should be quiet and support the team' then there's nothing wrong with a retort of 'I DO support the team, regularly, I just have an opinion about what needs to be done'.

Don't be put off - ALL opinions, short of personal abuse, should be welcome on a board like this.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Phoenix » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:43 am

I also think the tension on the forum often follows performance on the pitch. We have had little good news for a while and everyone has their own, sometimes extreme, views about it which is refelected in the messages.
Phoenix

Previous

Return to General Discussion