Wycombe?

Wycombe?

Postby Keith » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:52 pm

So is anyone actually going to the first game of the season? I intend to be there but don't know how yet.

When I go this season, will anyone else be able to match my record of having been to every Wycombe v Morecambe game, including an FA Trophy replay on a Tuesday night when Martin O'Neal was their manager and a Friday night attended by about twenty people? Second time we've played them as an opening game to the season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Wycombe?

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Keith wrote:So is anyone actually going to the first game of the season? I intend to be there but don't know how yet.

When I go this season, will anyone else be able to match my record of having been to every Wycombe v Morecambe game, including an FA Trophy replay on a Tuesday night when Martin O'Neal was their manager and a Friday night attended by about twenty people? Second time we've played them as an opening game to the season.

I can match your league games Keith. The Friday night game was a mare! Is it a football ground or a rugby ground?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:19 pm

I cant match it either keith....but I was at the fa trophy replay on the tuesday night. just proves how far we have come over the last few years that we are now playing them in the same league
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:22 pm

I would 100% go two this match If I am successful in my job interview at The Globe as a celebration .

Fingers crossed
darrenlock

Postby Keith » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Friday night was the hardest (went to the Tuesday evening game on a fans coach). Friday night I met 'a couple of others' in Warrington where I'd been working, then tramped down to Wycombe. Came out after the game (freezing!) and went to put some diesel in the car. First couple of stations didn't have diesel! Got on motorway and stopped at Oxford (?) service station, who did have diesel.

Went over to the KFC... who didn't have any chicken! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Keith wrote:Friday night was the hardest (went to the Tuesday evening game on a fans coach). Friday night I met 'a couple of others' in Warrington where I'd been working, then tramped down to Wycombe. Came out after the game (freezing!) and went to put some diesel in the car. First couple of stations didn't have diesel! Got on motorway and stopped at Oxford (?) service station, who did have diesel.

If you had gone on the Saturday the Football stadium would'nt have had any football!
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:21 pm

darrenlock wrote:I would 100% go two this match If I am successful in my job interview at The Globe as a celebration .

Fingers crossed

If you are successful Darren and i hope you are , the first piece of uniform you will require will be a Santa hat :lol: which you will be able to buy from Sainsbury's :o
parceldave

Postby darrenlock » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Oh come on is not late two buy a santa hat :? :?

But the first piece of kit i will get is the Morecambe top or the Morecambe jacket .

And Wycombe four me will be a good match

Lads if I pass the interview peole will know who I am due two I will be wearing a santa hat courtesy of parcel dave .

And a Morecambe oop Charlton top joking.

Wycombe who
darrenlock

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Keith wrote:Friday night was the hardest (went to the Tuesday evening game on a fans coach). Friday night I met 'a couple of others' in Warrington where I'd been working, then tramped down to Wycombe. Came out after the game (freezing!) and went to put some diesel in the car. First couple of stations didn't have diesel! Got on motorway and stopped at Oxford (?) service station, who did have diesel.

My first visit to Wycombe 8-)

I once went to Pizza Hut in Preston....... No Pizza!? :D :D :o
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:15 am

Me and Doris will be there.
Staying at the Abbey Lodge Hotel on Friday and Saturday.
Looking forward to a jar or three both nights.
Anyone else around?
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Peter wrote:Me and Doris will be there.
Anyone else around?

Hi "Pompey Shrimp Pete" I have seen you on the Wycombe forum. Looks like the locals agree about the pub situation down there :lol:

Their clubhouse is as good as anywhere pre/ post match
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:06 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Peter wrote:Me and Doris will be there.
Anyone else around?

Hi "Pompey Shrimp Pete" I have seen you on the Wycombe forum. Looks like the locals agree about the pub situation down there :lol:

Their clubhouse is as good as anywhere pre/ post match

I believe in quantity not quality :o
Anyhow, for anyone interested, below is the response to my questions on the Wycombe forum.

The best of a bad bunch in town...

There are 2 Wetherspoons - at least you stand a chance of getting a decent choice of drinks there

I believe that the one opposite the train station has a few real ales in (forget it's name) But they hate football fans. In fact they hate everyone

The Belle Vue round the back of the station is supposed to be OK, but I've not been in there yet.

The Antelope opposite McDonalds is OK

If you fancy getting a taxi (around £5 to Downley Common) The Le De Spencer is fairly decent

If you are walking to the ground from town, the Bird In Hand and The Half Moon are options (though I can't vouch for quality)

The Hour Glass is the pub nearest the fround, albeit a 15 minute walk

At the ground is the Vere Suite and Scores, poor selection of drinks and expensive though. The food in the Vere Suite is decent though (again expensive, £2 to get in too, they change their mind every week about letting in away fans)

But all in all, nothing near as good as The York Hotel pub, which was near Christie Park. Sorry!
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion