Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:36 pm

darrenlock wrote:No comment

best thing you said since on here

goodbye
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Evening Post Clueless

Postby durianmuncher » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:13 am

MfcChris wrote:He does it on purpose. He goes through his posts changing things to make them worse. Turns good threads like this [edit]. [edit] off darren now.

Absolutely pathetic. You obviously have issues with yourself.
durianmuncher

Postby Opinionated » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:15 am

MfcChris wrote:He does it on purpose. He goes through his posts changing things to make them worse. Turns good threads like this [edit]. [edit] off darren now.

In all fairness to Darren I just stumbled accross his Facebook page and his sentences on there are equally confusing.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:17 am

MfcChris wrote:He does it on purpose. He goes through his posts changing things to make them worse. Turns good threads like this... [edit]

no need for that! if the lad annoys you try this
If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

just like facebook.
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:09 am

You've had two warnings plus a couple of PM's Darren. Your posts are hard enough to read and annoy people frequently enough without you adding text speak.

I'm now going to delete your posts that contain text speak, including '2' instead of 'to'. I will leave the one where Gentle Giant pointed out '2' to you as the last one.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:21 am

You people should stop bullying Darren. He's only trying to join in on this forum. So what if its text speak, its not that hard to understand. Give the lad a break. At least he doesn't use foul language.
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:34 am

New_Ground_Watcher wrote:You people should stop bullying Darren. He's only trying to join in on this forum. So what if its text speak, its not that hard to understand. Give the lad a break. At least he doesn't use foul language.

Well, first off, he has used foul language in the past which was edited out. As has the foul language in this thread. It is easier to get rid of the foul language when it isn't quoted.

Secondly, Darren's posts ARE hard to understand. He's posted in the past that the forum isn't 'interesting' enough to bother reading his own posts back. He's also REPEATEDLY been asked not to use text speak, both in other threads and PM's. We've had a long standing zero tolerance towards text speak over many years. Since I pointed it out to Darren, it appears to me that almost every post contains "2". We get more complaints about Darren's posts than anything else. There are regular posters who have stopped posting on here because of the 'standard' of debate and [in part] because we've supported Darren despite the way he posts on here.

Far from bullying, we've actually been very supportive of Darren to the extent that other posters were told 'tough' we weren't going to ban someone for being dyslexic. However, we have had a number of suggestions that Darren is a Wind Up Merchant (WUM). I'm getting closer to believing that to be the case, especially as Darren appears to be using '2' instead of 'to' more since he was asked not to.

"He's only trying to join in on this forum". When most people join a new forum, they try to fit in and comply with the rules of the group rather than bulldoze their way through. If Darren won't comply with a very simple request, then he won't be able to play.

But other than that, I agree with your post entirely! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 am

October '09
darrenlock wrote:Me i think if Morecambe fail to beat Lincoin ...
...saturday gary hunter to score winner

darrenlock wrote:iwould love morecambe to be organised in defense

darrenlock wrote:If morecambe get 3points then i believe that morecambe can go to an second string carlisle...

...and so on.

Darren never posted text speak.. He then did it a couple of times and was asked not to do so. He now does it all the time. WUM?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:58 am

am no detective

but to me i think Darren is genuinely dyslexic(doesn't mean your thick), and he gets frustrated with this just going by his posts and replies

and then at times he as somebody to help and type/write for him as he just sits there and tells them what to put, because sometimes the grammar is spot on! well thats my theory.

and note! and my English & grammar is not that clever :|
George Dawes

Postby Opinionated » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:02 am

Keith wrote:You've had two warnings plus a couple of PM's Darren. Your posts are hard enough to read and annoy people frequently enough without you adding text speak.

I'm now going to delete your posts that contain text speak, including '2' instead of 'to'. I will leave the one where Gentle Giant pointed out '2' to you as the last one.

Does this class as a final warning? SV has turned into the Darrenlock show and although i'm not totally convinced he's a WUM, his txt talk is annoying and he has been previously warned. I don't mind his posts because if I cant understand them then I just ignore them. However it's the effect he has on the other members that worries me. There are a lot of pointless and uneducated posts from a few members (not just Darren) which have contributed to the decline in quality of the forum.
Opinionated

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:47 am

Darren Lock, who is he??

WUM with a lot of time on his hands or genuine new fan with grammar, dyslexia issues?

Questions spring to mind. He's been posting repeatedly on here for some time. He comes across as a very outgoing sort of lad who lives in Morecambe, so has anyone on here ever met him? Does he attend home games with his daughter/stepdaughter like he claims to? I know he has often spouted on here that he's going to attend many different away matches and then what appears to be on every occasion he hasn't actually attended due to a variety of different reasons.

If anyone can verify him as a genuine fan of the club then I for one am prepared to cut him some slack with his issues and surreal posts, providing of course he abides by forum rules regarding text speak, swearing etc'.

There are a lot of suspicions that he is really a WUM and to be honest I've personally thought that for a while. However how do you prove one way or another?
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:47 am

.......i have no idea if he is a true Shrimp but am pretty sure he will be enjoying all this attention!!!!
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:57 am

Yeah I love the attention really I do .

Look I text speak yes and I know it is wrong and if you do look at my messages I send most of them recently are polite .

And I read the messages now after I have typed it on the screen.

As of a attention seeker I am a Morecambe fan watching all the home games .
This all started on the first game last season when Morecambe drew 2-2 with Hereford and Hereford got a late goal too make it 2-2.

I go to (2) the homes games in the North Stand always in the middle of the stand with my step daughter and I usually go to the games wearing all white.

And my step daughter with the Morecambe top and jumper scarf and hat in which I brought all this for her.

I really enjoy watching lower league football and from now on I plan too post less messages.

Attention seeker I do not think if anything I am the opposite of this
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:05 pm

darrenlock wrote:Yeah I love the attention really I do .

Look I text speak yes and I know it is wrong and if you do look at my messages I send most of them recently are polite .

And I read the messages now after I have typed it on the screen.

As of a attention seeker I am a Morecambe fan watching all the home games .
This all started on the first game last season when Morecambe drew 2-2 with Hereford and Hereford got a late goal too make it 2-2.

I go to (2) the homes games in the North Stand always in the middle of the stand with my step daughter and I usually go to the games wearing all white.

And my step daughter with the Morecambe top and jumper scarf and hat in which I brought all this for her.

I really enjoy watching lower league football and from now on I plan too post less messages.

Attention seeker I do not think if anything I am the opposite of this

Please no!

Too many on here too quick to put others down, whilst contributing absolutely nothing worthwhile themselves.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Sorry but I put my face book address on here and people can clearly see whenever I fast type .
I do use text typing because it is easier.
But after the message from Keith I have decided to read what I am typing.And hope that I do not get no negative comments and smooth banter.
And why I do not go away matches it because I lost my job about 11 months ago working in a chicken factory so back then my cash only went on home matches hoping I would be able to jump back into the working market
And If I pass my job interview at The Globe then I will go Wycombe away to celebrate
And I do plan to write less messages.

And also plan to listen too Morecambe v York City on radio I hope to find a local radio station that will do this.
darrenlock

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Keith wrote:October '09
darrenlock wrote:Me i think if Morecambe fail to beat Lincoin ...
...saturday gary hunter to score winner

darrenlock wrote:iwould love morecambe to be organised in defense

darrenlock wrote:If morecambe get 3points then i believe that morecambe can go to an second string carlisle...

...and so on.

Darren never posted text speak.. He then did it a couple of times and was asked not to do so. He now does it all the time. WUM?

I Have to agree with you keith(wum) espacially at 7.27pm this evening........7.30pm :!:
shrimpnsave

Postby Sharpy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:17 pm

WUM is text speak. hypocritical much?
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Opinionated » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Sharpy wrote:WUM is text speak. hypocritical much?

Opinionated likes this
Opinionated

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Or an "Abb'v'n"! :D
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Not only an abbreviation, but one that I used in full the first time I posted it (see earlier posts).

Keith wrote:However, we have had a number of suggestions that Darren is a Wind Up Merchant (WUM)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:30 pm

darrenlock wrote:Oh come on is not late two buy a santa hat :? :?

But the first piece of kit i will get is the Morecambe top or the Morecambe jacket .

And Wycombe four me will be a good match

Lads if I pass the interview peole will know who I am due two I will be wearing a santa hat courtesy of parcel dave .

And a Morecambe oop Charlton top joking.

Wycombe who

if this isnt taking the mick i dont know what is

:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
shrimpnsave

Postby Mark S » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:37 pm

That's the camp I am in now.
Mark S

Postby darrenlock » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:37 pm

shrimp save wrote:
darren lock wrote:Oh come on is not late two buy a Santa hat :? :?

But the first piece of kit i will get is the Morecambe top or the Morecambe jacket .

Lads if I pass the interview people will know who I am due two I will be wearing a Santa hat courtesy of parcel Dave .

And a Morecambe top of course the away top

Wycombe who

if this isn't taking the mick i dont know what is

What now I wrote Two instead of 2 I write Four instead of 4 .

I am looking forward too hearing from work companies that I have apply four (for) and hope it is good and celebrate with a trip on the coach to Wycombe with my Morecambe away top I really like it.

And I like the train jacket it looks very nice
darrenlock

Postby Keith » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:56 pm

darrenlock wrote:
shrimp save wrote:
darren lock wrote:Oh come on is not late two buy a Santa hat :? :?

Lads if I pass the interview people will know who I am due two I will be wearing a Santa hat courtesy of parcel Dave .

And a Morecambe top of course the away top

Wycombe who

if this isn't taking the mick i dont know what is

What now I wrote Two instead of 2 I write Four instead of 4 .

yet last October you were quite capable of writing "to"?

I think you've had a good run Darren but you've over played your hand this time.

Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion