What Next?

What Next?

Postby villan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:01 pm

So, the Shrimps have jumped on the bannedwagon, and outlawed the Vuvu. Bloody ridiculous. What next? Lets ban the drum cos it's too loud and then singing cos it might offend the opposition. Then we could ban football shirts for the same reason. Oh, and half time eats and drinks incase you spill it on someone. Anything else? :twisted:
villan

Re: What Next?

Postby alwaysright » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Numpty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby Opinionated » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:09 pm

We aren't the only club to take such action. Vuvuzelas are annoying and completely unnecessary. They can't be used in any musical capacity unlike the drum. I can't imagine football fans in England using the Vuvuzela in the same spirit as the South Africans do. If they were allowed at the Globe it would be 12 year old chavs who were using them to torment the rest of us.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby james456 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:14 pm

How many people were actually planning to bring a vuvuzela to Morecambe's games and are disappointed that they are now banned? Less than 10 IMO.
james456

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

When I first was hearing them at the World Cup it got on my nerves and I cant see many league teams allowing this.
darrenlock

Postby villan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:27 pm

You all seem to be missing the point, but they were banned by some of the big clubs for "Health and Safety" reasons, not because they are "bloody annoying", hence the ever so slightly sarcastic post and "dig" at the management.
villan

Postby alwaysright » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Hey leave our super managment people alone, they do a magnificant job dont you know.
alwaysright

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 pm

alwaysright wrote:Hey leave our super managment people alone, they do a magnificant job dont you know.

You're a right barrel of laughs you aren't you? Do you ever have a good word to say about anything?

If you're a WUM you are getting very boring because every post is either sarcastic or critical, or in most cases both. Get a life!! ;)
Burnley Shrimp

Postby alwaysright » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:56 pm

Ohh have you had a bad day, chill out and take it easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby bill ding » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:01 pm

villan wrote:You all seem to be missing the point, but they were banned by some of the big clubs for "Health and Safety" reasons, not because they are "bloody annoying", hence the ever so slightly sarcastic post and "dig" at the management.

I think you will find our club has also banned the vuvu on "health and safety grounds"as there is a definite health issue as it gets inserted up the users arse :o
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby shrimper » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:19 am

..and that IS the point.

I think there's a serious concern that people would get so hacked off that they would start confronting those using them. Then there would be arguments and hassle on the terraces between groups of 'shut that thing up!' or 'leave him alone' fans.

Can do without it. Banning them makes sense.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:23 am

What is the clubs stance on trombones?
halftimeresults

Postby Castaway » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:26 am

2nd worst (frustrating / annoying) thing at the world cup..
Castaway

Postby ezz » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:03 pm

So who has actually experience the vuvuzela's first hand? And not just through your tv whilst trying to hear the annoying commentators!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Are they going to ban shoutyman, the drummer, the annoying kids, where do you draw the line, we are better having anything that creates more noise and atmosphere, even our totally s :roll: :roll: te fireworks :lol:

If one or two people bring the vuvuzelas, you do not have to sit or stand directly next to them in a 2 thirds empty arena, Iget the feeling that if MFC threw a bonfire, they would ban fireworks :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:08 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Are they going to ban shoutyman, the drummer, the annoying kids, where do you draw the line, we are better having anything that creates more noise and atmosphere, even our totally s :roll: :roll: te fireworks :lol:

If one or two people bring the vuvuzelas, you do not have to sit or stand directly next to them in a 2 thirds empty arena, Iget the feeling that if MFC threw a bonfire, they would ban fireworks :lol:

Totally agree.

If you don't like 'em.....MOVE. There'll be plenty of room!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Opinionated » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Christies Child wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:Are they going to ban shoutyman, the drummer, the annoying kids, where do you draw the line, we are better having anything that creates more noise and atmosphere, even our totally s :roll: :roll: te fireworks :lol:

Totally agree.

That's easy for you to say, sat on your thrown in the main stand ;)

The singers like to group together to create an atmosphere. This happens to be where such vuvuzelas would be, and I aint leaving the atmospheric area. So moving is not an option.
Opinionated

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Opinionated wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Totally agree.

That's easy for you to say, sat on your thrown in the main stand ;)

The singers like to group together to create an atmosphere. This happens to be where such vuvuzelas would be, and I aint leaving the atmospheric area. So moving is not an option.

So none of the singers are in favour of vuvuzelas....I assume that you speak on behalf of them all?

:roll:
Christies Child

Postby Opinionated » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Based on comments from this forum it would suggest the majority are against vuvuzelas. As I have previously stated they produce noise not music so they will be of no use to the singers.
Opinionated

Postby ezz » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Hardly, it looks like you've observed comments from 'some' members of the forum agreed with them and then assumed this is the majority. Granted a lot on here dont like them, but only a minute percentage have actually experienced a football match with them as well. So they have just based their own decision on the fact they couldn't here the commentator on the tele and got annoyed.
If you speak to the people that went to world cup matches i'd take a guess that over 90% would say they made for a great atmosphere.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Ezz....exactly.

We need to create an intimidating atmosphere week in and week out at The Arena.

Whatever it takes as far as I'm concerned!
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:08 pm

I would rather people heard the home terrace chanting for 90 minutes than them being drowned out by the vuvuzela.
Morecambe Jack

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:43 pm

If one or two dozen people turned up with them, as would be likely, whers the harm, do you think this debate was ever held at christie park 100 years ago regarding rattles :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby james456 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:49 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:If one or two dozen people turned up with them, as would be likely, whers the harm, do you think this debate was ever held at christie park 100 years ago regarding rattles :lol:

No I suppose not...
james456

Postby ezz » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:53 pm

No offence but it's not like the atmosphere at christie park on a normal day is that great. I doubt for the most of the match the other supporters can barely hear us. May sound ok when your stood right in the middle of it in the old 'north' stand but the noise isn't that loud.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Next

Return to General Discussion