Evening Post Clueless

Evening Post Clueless

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 pm

according to the lancashire evening post we havent signed any players since last season....so I take it jevons,rundle and spencer will be starting next season with other clubs....it also mentions we are playing blackburn on 31st july but doesnt say where
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Evening Post Clueless

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Blackburn on the 31st is a quote from Sammy to be fair to the LEP. They maybe think summer has'nt started yet. Strange there is no mention anywhere else :roll:

He's obviously naffed off with the lack of squad
http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/pre_season_t ... m_1_924185
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:48 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:according to the lancashire evening post we havent signed any players since last season....so I take it jevons,rundle and spencer will be starting next season with other clubs....it also mentions we are playing blackburn on 31st july but doesnt say where

also Scott must be still at Bury !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Blackburn are playing Sydney on the 31st :?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 84,00.html

Is it this years Evening Post? :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:05 pm

yes sorry heysham I forgot about scotty... at least its nice to know the evening post keeps up to date
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:23 pm

I belive it will be a behind closed doors match at Lancaster uni against Blackburn Reserves.
heysham_mfc

Postby Posh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:27 pm

marky No.1 wrote:He's obviously naffed off with the lack of squad.

Sounds familiar. We play Wrexham who've watched a player, one of the most talented in the Conference, six times and then bagged him with a pre-contract agreement in March. Meanwhile we're losing out on established players and trialling ones with a couple of weeks to go.

We've had the same issue the last two seasons. We get there in the end, usually November, and hey get 4th but it's utterly frustrating.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Posh wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:He's obviously naffed off with the lack of squad.

Sounds familiar. We play Wrexham who've watched a player, one of the most talented in the Conference, six times and then bagged him with a pre-contract agreement in March. Meanwhile we're losing out on established players and trialling ones with a couple of weeks to go.

We've had the same issue the last two seasons. We get there in the end, usually November, and hey get 4th but it's utterly frustrating.

...and of those who trialled on Tuesday, one was not good enough for Accy and the other had only been able to obtain an ameuter contract in Scotland.

Not one triallist who looked worthy of a place in the squad.

Maybe it's a location thing but whatever as Posh says 'it's utterly frustrating!'
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Harry » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Despite his off the field tomfoolery I thought David Mannix performed a lot better than many of our own players on Tuesday. Also Andy Owens the left sided player (can't find anything about him on wikipedia) did very well and we could do a lot worse than him.

Although I share your frustration about our lack of players, as I imagine most do.
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:28 pm

That settles it for us moaning minnies, call anything we are not happy about, shared frustration, like sammy, and we wont be told to go support some one else by the glass half full not empty brigade :lol: :lol:

Sammy is one of us :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:05 pm

sammy is like every manager in the country at this stage of the season ... as for the comment about attracting players I think thats totally out of order as personally I think sammy as attracted one of the best strikers in league two (jevons) and also one of the better full backs (wilson) just to name two. lets all be patient
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:12 pm

I think sammy as attracted one of the best strikers in league two (jevons

wrong.......

Mark Lillis ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:19 pm

maybe mark had something to do with bringing him to the club but sammy gets some say I am sure lol. also one of best keepers in league two at our club...and there are lots more quality at our club but thats only my opinion sorry for been a member of the rose tinted glasses brigade
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:19 pm

Has Mark got a squad number?
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:21 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:sammy is like every manager in the country at this stage of the season ... as for the comment about attracting players I think thats totally out of order as personally I think sammy as attracted one of the best strikers in league two (jevons) and also one of the better full backs (wilson) just to name two. lets all be patient

Probably unfair on Sammy but he does seem to have a lot of bad luck in signing his target players, e.g. McDonald, seemingly Bishop and quite a few others. As for Jevons, I think Mark Lillis's connections helped there and Lawrence Wilson was a recommendation from a supporter and not watched prior to being brought in. Agent was Neil Sang, ex-Morecambe player too.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:24 pm

i would'nt worry to much.

it was like this before the start of last season when SM & ML brought in. Jevons Craney Haining i think it was about a week before the first league game started

and Panther aswell(well maybe 2/3 weeks?)
George Dawes

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 pm

I thought we got Wilson because he asked Artell if he could come for a trial, unbelivable because you think a player of that quality would have been on Sammy's radar especially with the problems Chester were having. I find it hard to believe we didn't try and get him as soon as Chester went down.

and I think Jevons & Craney was a matter of Mark going into the dressing room after the friendly and asking if they had any players we could have like we seem to have done this year with the young striker.

Very frustrating that we don't seem to be able to get our 1st choice targets at the end of the season.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Harry » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Who would want to play for a team like Morecambe?
Harry

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:55 pm

totally agree harry ...i am sure rochey would rather play in front of them friendly chesterfield fans lol lol
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby marky » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:51 pm

For what it's worth, the lack adequate transfer activity thus far doesn't surprise me. Everyone made a big thing about how the new ground would attract better quality players and would set us apart from some of our rivals. However, I could never see how an unfinished building site would attract anyone, besides which even if we could attract said players, we don't have the funds to actually pay them. July 2011 should give us some indication as to what pulling power the Globe and associated extra cash has. It won't surprise anyone to know that I don't share the unbridled optimism of, say, Ockers (really, 2nd?!?!?). As it stands, I think we'll realistically do well to get a top half finish this time round. I shall, however, see what the next few weeks bring before making a final prediction.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby darrenlock » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:56 pm

edit due to text speak
darrenlock

Postby marky » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Darren, I find you very confusing. You're clearly intelligent yet your posting style on this forum is somewhat scatty. You come across like the thick fratboy type in every US teen drama and I honestly believe you hide behind your supposed issues with grammar, spelling and punctuation for reasons I am yet to fathom. Anyway, what has the fact we have cheapish ticket prices got to do with our lack of transfer activity?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby MfcChris » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:09 pm

He does it on purpose. He goes through his posts changing things to make them worse. Turns good threads like this *. * off darren now.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby darrenlock » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 pm

edit due to text speak
darrenlock

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:28 pm

I know darren can be hard work on this message board but there is no need and no place for that comment or language on this board mfcchris. totally out of order
Blackpool Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion