Globe latest pictures

Re: Globe latest pictures

Postby alwaysright » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Does there not have to crowd in the stadium for the authoritys to grant a certificate, and if there is only 1 day to spare i cant see it happening in time
alwaysright

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Christies Child wrote:
I seem to recall a comment from a Globe Director in The Visitor.

Yep it was in the Visitor last week. I wrote out the full quotation but obviously people couldn't be bothered reading it. Just shows how facts are ignored and speculation takes precedence!

I also printed out the guidelines for getting a safety certificate and a link thereto
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby scar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:58 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
I seem to recall a comment from a Globe Director in The Visitor.

Yep it was in the Visitor last week. I wrote out the full quotation but obviously people couldn't be bothered reading it. Just shows how facts are ignored and speculation takes precedence!

I also printed out the guidelines for getting a safety certificate and a link thereto

Yea, you did and I read it - but that was before they put the floodlights up that according to SPUD they purchased from Do-It-All on the cheap to save a few quid.

On the plus side of things, they've installed ANTI-CC turnstyles :lol:
scar

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:33 am

scar wrote:Yea, you did and I read it - but that was before they put the floodlights up that according to SPUD they purchased from Do-It-All on the cheap to save a few quid.

On the plus side of things, they've installed ANTI-CC turnstyles :lol:

He might just make the turnstiles after a vigorous fitness routine, but there's no way we are climbing those emergency escape ladders after being fed and watered in the sponsors lounge! :o

:lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby alwaysright » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:36 am

Marky no1, would you mind re posting the thread regarding getting the safety certificate as i was away last week
thank you
alwaysright

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:02 am

alwaysright wrote:Marky no1, would you mind re posting the thread regarding getting the safety certificate as i was away last week
thank you

OK as you ask politely

heysham_mfc wrote:
Weetabix Kid wrote:
I know there are some implications with a 'safety certificate'

will the closed door games count towards acheiving this?

sorry if a stupid question, just not a clue myself

Are these games even at the new ground because it doesn't say not sure if they do count towards a safety certificate because they are behind closed door so there wont be anyone in the stadium to test it all out.

You can apply for a safety certificate here: http://www.sefton.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=5003

"During Performance inspections should be made from time to time, on match days or during other sporting occasions, to ensure that the terms and conditions of the Certificate are suitable and appropriate"
As we are lower than 10,000 spectators we should only need a general safety certificate. (hard luck B2net ) as our ground is new build and the safety people already have all the specs. and watched it go up, there is really no need for a "trial" game

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8251&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=certificate

Quoting what it says in the Visitor:
BF says "we've had a few snags in finishing the building off internally" "the pitch is now ready . It's probably the best pitch in the North West". "Up until last week we were told by the contractor that the stadium would be open on time"

Kevin Hargreaves director of Globe said "the stadium actually isn't delayed. The original works and contracts were agreed so that Morecambe could be playing football in the new season and it will be ready in time for the Coventry game on Aug.10th" "There were aspirations of playing some friendly matches and we said we would endeavour to make those but there were additional works to increase facilities such as banqueting and bars " "we have pulled out all the stops and we are extremely disappointed"

FRUSTRATED MFC SUPPORTERS FLOODED THE FANS WEBSITE
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8220&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=visitor
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 am

If the ground is not ready could we not just open the public areas and areas that are needed to stage a game and carry on work on areas such as offices and open them a couple of week later.
heysham_mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:44 am

heysham_mfc wrote:If the ground is not ready could we not just open the public areas and areas that are needed to stage a game and carry on work on areas such as offices and open them a couple of week later.

That's what I don't get I remb going to Northwich a few years ago when they were building their new ground the bars, shop etc hadn't been finished but the ground had.

I don't understand why the training pitches have been built but the actual football ground hasn't and the comment about the extra hospitallity facilties we wanted couldn't we finish that all off later.

This is where I agree with sgt major that we have taken our eye off the fact we are building a football ground and not a leisure and conference facility.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby outsider » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks for reposting tha Marky, I had not seen it before. That post does answer a couple of questions I had.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby alwaysright » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks very much Marky for posting my request
alwaysright

Previous

Return to General Discussion