Barrow away

Re: Barrow away

Postby Pandashrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 pm

quote]
And as Dawzi said, this is a good result in someways because it shows who is a good person to have in the team and who isnt, from what i've heard Harding looks like he might not get a contract..[/quote]

We cant use excuses of players not playing together as Barrow had trialists out as well. We were just dire plain and simple. Mannix was nothing special and although i know nothing about his personality, i echo the sentiments above about not wanting bad influences in the squad.
As for Harding :oops: Good God. That donkey should not be allowed anywhere near the football league. On tonights performance, Fleming or another defensive Mid to cover the defense (whoever they may be come August) is a must.
Pandashrimp

Postby parceldave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Who cares - they are no indicator of form. I don't recall last season's friendlies bearing spectacular results.

Thats the point , they didn't and thats why we got off to such a fantastic start with ONE win in the first 16 games . :cry: . Have any lessons been learned . :?:
parceldave

Postby alwaysright » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Apart from York what other games have we got before the first league game
alwaysright

Postby sgt major » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Been watching Sky Sports News all night (and this forum) and Sky didn't even have our game featured as a result. It wasn't in the papers this morning - are we living in a footie wilderness - over to you Quinny!!!!
sgt major

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 pm

kendal away also wrexham and blackburn behind closed doors
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby alwaysright » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Cheers
alwaysright

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Darren you are welcome to your opinions, but most that come on here like our local rivalry with Accrington and, I suspect, wouldn't want to see their team relegated. As long as they finish below us in the league and we come out of the two ties with something to hold our heads up with :oops:

Accrington and ourselves go back a long way, and in some aspects the two teams are similar. Which, in me, brings about a "there but for the grace of PMG go we" when I see them struggling with embargoes and such.

A bit of banter just before and during a game is great for atmosphere, but to repeatedly wish for the other team to be relegated, in my book, is OTT. Besides how can we possibly DREAM of doing the double over them if they are in a different league :?: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Morecambe Mick I understand what you mean but we wont be playing Accrington soon when we get promotion and Accrington get mid table at best :oops: :oops:

I got a gut felling we will nick 3rd come on Sammy and Christie the Kat
darrenlock

Postby parceldave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:08 pm

parceldave wrote:
marky wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:
im sure sm and ml will get it right before the globe officially opens......

Why? Generally takes us until at least November before we actually get going...

Well thats just about right then .

december might be appropriate

Well the speed the Globe do things at you could be right. :o Going by what Mr Spudhead commented about the new floodlights, those on the tree could be brighter. :lol:
Last edited by parceldave on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parceldave

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 pm

we have a very small squad that will not go up or down, bit embarrasing result tonight, but hey kick on.

losing artell massive mistake.

Barrow are a good team and i wsh them well.

fully expect wrexham lad signing on monday :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:14 pm

At least Accy managed to score tonight and against premiership opposition. Nearest we came was an own goal! :lol:

I have never seen so many pass backs, no wonder Baz went off at half time his foot was hurting! :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:15 pm

that really was absolutely terrible,should have been played behind closed doors to avoid embarrasment,friendlies are supposed to give managers indicators about players,well he will now,the bottom line is that barrow have had 3 friendlies and know each other we dont.I am not really concerned because macca will sort this in his style,they are only indi9cators not reallity. I am sure the barrow fans would swap us for our situation,new ground,no debts,2nd division football etc
scalehallshrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:17 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Darren you are welcome to your opinions, but most that come on here like our local rivalry with Accrington and, I suspect, wouldn't want to see their team relegated. As long as they finish below us in the league and we come out of the two ties with something to hold our heads up with :oops:

Accrington and ourselves go back a long way, and in some aspects the two teams are similar. Which, in me, brings about a "there but for the grace of PMG go we" when I see them struggling with embargoes and such.

A bit of banter just before and during a game is great for atmosphere, but to repeatedly wish for the other team to be relegated, in my book, is OTT. Besides how can we possibly DREAM of doing the double over them if they are in a different league :?: :lol:

Is mmickey a mod on here :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:19 pm

utter bollocks mr spud head ...we might have a small squad at the moment but how can you say after one friendly match that we cant go up or down in league two ...this board is laughable sometimes it really is
Last edited by Blackpool Shrimp on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:utter bollocks mr squd head ...we might have a small squad at the moment but how can you say after one friendly match that we cant go up or down in league two ...this board is laughable sometimes it really is

16 comes to mind ;)

sorry 2 more that have injurys
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:utter bollocks mr spud head ...we might have a small squad at the moment but how can you say after one friendly match that we cant go up or down in league two ...this board is laughable sometimes it really is

why dya think the lancaster game didnt play??????????????
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:31 pm

with all this bad weather I doubt the lancaster game would have been on anyway
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby quinny » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 pm

In answer to Sgt Major.
The answer to your question really is that when you play away it is the home team that are tasked with ringing through the result to the Press Association who send out the results to the world's media.
That is the same for the fixtures. It is the home side's duty to tell PA about the games and the times etc.
When we play home friendlies we always ring through the result and scorers etc on the final whistle.
Hope that helps.
Quinny
quinny

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:35 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:with all this bad weather I doubt the lancaster game would have been on anyway

Go to bed and refresh, tomorrow with something you know :D
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Right just got back to the right side of Morecambe Bay we played the game like a training session so no need to worry the Barrow lads were going for it so no supprise that they won. Could have been more goals in the end with a few near misses from both sides. Missed what I have been told was the best goal of the game Barrows 5th because we had the leave early to get the train back. Overall a typical pre season game.
heysham_mfc

Postby outsider » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 pm

I would say there was about 30-40 shrimps there, most of us on the coverd terracing, the 8 were stood behind the goal getting wet :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:32 am

Far too early to even start making predictions.

OK we didin't play but we looked to be only at 75% whilst barrow were going at it like their futures depended on it.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:46 am

MY user name is mr potatohead, 1970, i do not mind you changing your own every 5 minutes, but i would suggest leaving other peoples alone as it comes across as rude, I suggest lemming1970 as your next name :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:08 am

outsider wrote:I would say there was about 30-40 shrimps there, most of us on the coverd terracing, the 8 were stood behind the goal getting wet :lol: :lol: :lol:

And a fair few of us in the Main Stand ! Watched the 1st half from the Popular Side of Holker Street just behind the Morecambe "singers" who got going for about the opening 20 seconds of the first half and that was it !! My nephew and myself watched the second half from the Main Stand, edging ever closer towards the exits in truth at 0-4 down, before the 5th went in!

The Barrow fans were most excited by this result listening in to their inane drivel on both the Popular Side and in the seats, not to mention the commentator on Radio Cumbria as we listened to the last 20 minutes in the car on the A590 out of the place !

Ok, we didn't play well at all, but it was a friendly. Our first meaningful one.

As previously mentioned, trialist wearing number 5, Harding, had a nightmare. Complete.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:09 am

As long as we are ready to go by 7th August it doesnt matter about pre season games.
heysham_mfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion