A Positive Thought?

A Positive Thought?

Postby Number 1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:15 am

As it stands, whilst we're having this poor run, things can only get better. The good thing is, there are teams below us who have a lot of catching up to do.

Therefore, on the basis that whilst we are getting things wrong now, and the manager has the time to put it right, surely this will mean that when we turn the corner, we will have a much better run later on.

Contrast that to last season, when we had a great start, before things tailed off alarmingly. I do believe that some of our signings have been good and will, in time, improve the side. O'Carroll and Howe, for starters. I like Parrish, still young but obviously keen to learn, and seems to be one to just get his head down and work hard whether he's in the first team or reserves, I like that attitude, he could become a fans favourite in time to come. I like Roche too. The odd mistake, but not as many as the defence at the moment. Wainwright is solid too. Can't say the same for Carr. I think Sammy thought he might have been Baker Mk11 but it hasn't happened yet for him. Stick him in the reserves or on the bench for a few games and let him get some confidence.

McStay in for Artell, Parrish at right back, Drummond in the middle and I think we're getting there.

Keep the faith!
Number 1

Re: A Positive Thought?

Postby bunny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:49 pm

The team that finished off the game yesterday i think should be our starting line up !
bunny

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:03 pm

bunny wrote:The team that finished off the game yesterday i think should be our starting line up !

I think we ended up as 3-4-3 yesterday, which suited us as Dagenham were completely on the back-up, but think it's optimistic to expect us to start with all of Blinks/Howe/O'Carroll. It looks like a straight fight between O'Carroll and Blinkhorn, and O'Carroll certainly showed enough yesterday to suggest he deserves his chance.

The way he was constantly indicating where he wanted the ball played was fantastic in my opinion.
campdave

Postby bunny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:07 pm

If out of blinkhorn or O'carrol must be O'carrol for me lest than 20 minutes on the pitch and seemed dangerous most of the time !.
bunny

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:09 pm

campdave wrote:
bunny wrote:The team that finished off the game yesterday i think should be our starting line up !

I think we ended up as 3-4-3 yesterday, which suited us as Dagenham were completely on the back-up, but think it's optimistic to expect us to start with all of Blinks/Howe/O'Carroll. It looks like a straight fight between O'Carroll and Blinkhorn, and O'Carroll certainly showed enough yesterday to suggest he deserves his chance.

The way he was constantly indicating where he wanted the ball played was fantastic in my opinion.

Agreement TWICE in the space of a couple of hours. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I must be loosing my touch! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:20 pm

Christies Child wrote:Agreement TWICE in the space of a couple of hours. :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's difficult being right all the time 8-)
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:29 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Agreement TWICE in the space of a couple of hours. :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's difficult being right all the time 8-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the feeling.... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion