Another new signing!

Re: Another new signing!

Postby steve mfc » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:02 pm

Anyone who plays for either of the old firm at reserve level has to be a decent player, certainly good enough for our league.

I never would have imagined that being a Rangers fanatic who moved south and ended up supporting Morecambe for the last eight years, that i would end up welcoming two ex Celtic players to Christie Park :o .

Welcome they are though, i think both Diarmuid and Ryan will turn out to great signings.
steve mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:29 pm

anyone no where I can find footage of him playing put his name into youtube but no joy
heysham_mfc

Postby John L » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:56 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:anyone no where I can find footage of him playing put his name into youtube but no joy

Probably because no-one on YouTube can spell his name correctly!!! :lol:
John L

Postby parceldave » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:12 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:well done sammy another top singning

How do you know, where's his pedigree . Has he played in Prem or Championship or League 1 even . Hmm
parceldave

Postby Shrimpster » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:27 pm

It seems as though he can play as a right back and at centre half.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/ne ... 50754.aspx

A versatile performer and very popular member of the squad, O’Carroll spent six months on loan at Ross County in 2006/07 and impressed in his preferred role up front and also as a stand-in right back and centre half.
Shrimpster

Postby Muzzer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:56 am

woooo a striker, finally! :D

Shrimpster wrote:It seems as though he can play as a right back and at centre half.

got my hopes up then, another defender :roll:
:lol: :lol:
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:12 pm

parceldave wrote:

How do you know, where's his pedigree . Has he played in Prem or Championship or League 1 even . Hmm

:roll:
heysham_mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:43 pm

parceldave wrote:

One of his Chums told me about this guys pedigree :D
HALMA 1983

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:20 pm

Cheers, Pal. I'm expecting him to Winalot of 50/50 balls.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:35 pm

That would be Champion. :D
morecambe mick

Postby Phoenix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:38 pm

Round of Applaws for all the dog jokes squeezed in so far. Time to take a Butchers at the rest of tonight's messages.
Phoenix

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:07 pm

could this be the first thread on the new board to turn ruff?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby james456 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:32 pm

:roll:

Oh dear... just... oh dear
james456

Postby alan brady » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 pm

congrats diarmuid.. best of luck with your new club!!! you've come along way from trips around kerry leagues!! i thought you everything you know!!! To all you morecambe fans ye can look foward to a great season with diarmuid..classy foward... now that us killarney lads will be visiting morecambe .. can someone tell us where is it???
alan brady

Postby Harry » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:52 pm

alan brady wrote:congrats diarmuid.. best of luck with your new club!!! you've come along way from trips around kerry leagues!! i thought you everything you know!!! To all you morecambe fans ye can look foward to a great season with diarmuid..classy foward... now that us killarney lads will be visiting morecambe .. can someone tell us where is it???

Get the ferry to Heysham, it's a few roads away!
Harry

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:55 pm

welcome Alan, hope you keep coming back.

Mind you, I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't drop any dog puns in to your first post, didn't you read the rest of the thread?... I mean, you could have told us that he'll 'take the game by the scruff of the neck' or even that 'he's the dogs bollocks'? ! As it's your first post, we'd even have begrudgingly let you have 'he'll sniff out the goals for you'!

Expect better for your second post :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Alan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:58 pm

I am sure he will lead up front and not play like a big lassie. If we are losing he could rover round the pitch, spot the openings and help us come from behind.

EDIT : Morecambe Alan here, so Irish Alan still owes us some doggy puns ! I claim six dog references in my short post above. I recognise Keith as Chalky White in disguise and have in my possession a rolled up copy of the Morecambe v Dartford programme, so do I win £1 2s 6d ?
Last edited by Alan on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Postby alan brady » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:04 pm

jesus lads you all barking mad... sorry that was abit sad
alan brady

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:14 pm

alan brady wrote:now that us killarney lads will be visiting morecambe .. can someone tell us where is it???

First game of the season,
Friday 8th August, fly Cork to Liverpool, Euro 14.99
make your way up to Morecambe, about £15 on the train. Arrange with club to buy some shirts that evening
Travel down to Wycombe, making friends and drinking beer on the way.
Cheer on the lad[s]
Travel back to Morecambe.
Sleep in late to get over hangover...
Make way back to Liverpool for the hour flight back to Cork for another Euro 14.

Sorted!

The week after (first home game) Ryan Air are charging E100+ (must find the Euro symbol on this keyboard). I guess that is with the Premiership starting a week after us?

Ferry to Heysham is from Belfast, about 4 hour crossing plus however long it takes to get to Belfast (another four hours?)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 pm

alan brady wrote:jesus lads you all barking mad...

That's more like it! :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:20 pm

Alan wrote:I am sure he will lead up front and not play like a big lassie. If we are losing he could rover round the pitch, spot the openings and help us come from behind.

EDIT : Morecambe Alan here, so Irish Alan still owes us some doggy puns ! I claim six dog references in my short post above. I recognise Keith as Chalky White in disguise and have in my possession a rolled up copy of the Morecambe v Dartford programme, so do I win £1 2s 6d ?

I said to the missus "I can only see five... 'lead', 'lassie', 'rover', 'spot' and 'come from behind'..." She replied "what's come from behi... oh yeah" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right, I'm going to paws long enough for a cat nap!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Why no t » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:58 pm

I haven't a Scooby Doo what you guys are on about. You lot should be on Jerry Springer and sort your life out. You'll soon be cocker hoop and be poodle-ing around feeling good about yourselves.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby The Fury » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Right this is getting out of hand. Moderators, keep this thread on a tight leash.
The Fury

Postby Alan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:58 pm

[quote="Alan"]I AM Sure he will lead up front and not play like a big lassie. If we are losing he could rover round the pitch, spot the openings and help us come from behind.

Sneaky one that... IAMS is pet food sold in vets surgeries etc.
Alan

Postby Mark S » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:59 pm

At this point we should all paws and try and claw back some dignity, not rolling over whenever someone barks the command and takes the lead in a thread like this. It would be ruff on all of us if these new members who are Irish Setters aside and dont come back. I must admit to feeling a heel, and beg you to sit and think about it.

If you want to stay with this theme and continue to fetch all these embarrassing refererences, then fur enough.
Mark S

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion