bigreddog wrote:Still 4-0 by the way ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls

Not anymore!

Friendly or not

what a joke...........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Barrow away

Postby bigreddog » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Just a bit of ring rust. and look on the bright side, we're a goal better off than our last away game ( he say's crossing his fingers hoping he hasn't spoken too soon)
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby hoooti » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 pm

what a load of crap, lets hope some of the L2 are as bad as they were last year or we will be in trouble.
hoooti

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Good result for us i think, they needed something to kick them up the arse.
Hopefully that will do it. :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:38 pm

the result isn't a big deal

half the team as been made up by trialists, i hard game like this will answer a lot of questions for SM
George Dawes

Postby MfcChris » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:39 pm

DawZi wrote:the result isn't a big deal

half the team as been made up by trialists, i hard game like this will answer a lot of questions for SM

Half the team? 2 in the first half at 3-0 down...
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:41 pm

MfcChris wrote:
DawZi wrote:the result isn't a big deal

Half the team? 2 in the first half at 3-0 down...

The defence had never played together. That is the reason for this result.

And as Dawzi said, this is a good result in someways because it shows who is a good person to have in the team and who isnt, from what i've heard Harding looks like he might not get a contract..
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Splodge » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Who cares - they are no indicator of form. I don't recall last season's friendlies bearing spectacular results; yet we finished 4th. The season we beat Wolves 6-0 we were expecting miracles and nearly got relegated.
Splodge

Postby hoooti » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:45 pm

But we are now two weeks away from the start of a new season. isnt it a bit late to now try and formulate a team. If we started pre season training/ friendlies a week or two earlier we would now be in a better position.

Perhaps better Management is needed. not just for the footie but all round it seems!
hoooti

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:52 pm

hoooti wrote:But we are now two weeks away from the start of a new season. isnt it a bit late to now try and formulate a team. If we started pre season training/ friendlies a week or two earlier we would now be in a better position.

Perhaps better Management is needed. not just for the footie but all round it seems!

im sure sm and ml will get it right before the globe officially opens......
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 pm

my only concern was Haining who came on as sub at half-time? he got subbed himself in the second-half

am now wondering if he was just taken off because of a minor knock, or maybe because of a bad attitude :?
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:03 pm

As far as Mannix is concerned I'm shocked Sammy is even looking at him. As far as I understood we didn't look at players like Ryan Lowe and Michael Symes because they were a bad influence in the dressing room. Yet Mannix has been involved in a betting scandal that got him banned for 10 months and sacked from Chester City. He was also involved in a training ground bust up that left him with a broken cheekbone. Possibly a good footballer but needs to prove himself to get redemption.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:im sure sm and ml will get it right before the globe officially opens......

Why? Generally takes us until at least November before we actually get going...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Posh wrote:As far as Mannix is concerned I'm shocked Sammy is even looking at him. As far as I understood we didn't look at players like Ryan Lowe and Michael Symes because they were a bad influence in the dressing room. Yet Mannix has been involved in a betting scandal that got him banned for 10 months and sacked from Chester City. He was also involved in a training ground bust up that left him with a broken cheekbone. Possibly a good footballer but needs to prove himself to get redemption.

sounds like Sammy wants to judge for himself and make his own mind up, instead of going by the lads reputation

i hope things work out, clearly the lad has natural talent going by his fairly impressive CV at youth level
George Dawes

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Sorry this result was awful simple really.
Ok this is a friendly but were the players unfit i know new defence and trailists in the team.
Friendly form does not mean alot if the team can be organised and time will do this and matches.
I look at Charlton we lost 2-0 to Wimbledon and have a scrappy pre season form but I think the boss will sign players.
And I am sure we have more footballers willing to show the heart and passion to be tip of the top both Morecambe and Charlton i think will both get play off spots

:oops: :oops:
darrenlock

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:18 pm

DawZi wrote:
Posh wrote:As far as Mannix is concerned I'm shocked Sammy is even looking at him. As far as I understood we didn't look at players like Ryan Lowe and Michael Symes because they were a bad influence in the dressing room. Yet Mannix has been involved in a betting scandal that got him banned for 10 months and sacked from Chester City. He was also involved in a training ground bust up that left him with a broken cheekbone. Possibly a good footballer but needs to prove himself to get redemption.

sounds like Sammy wants to judge for himself and make his own mind up, instead of going by the lads reputation

i hope things work out, clearly the lad has natural talent going by his fairly impressive CV at youth level

DawZi your talents are unreachable .you a mind reader now
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:19 pm

here we go already... the crap as started after just one friendly. results in friendlies mean absolutly nothing especially against a team who have already played three matches and are a couple of weeks in front training wise
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Shrimps I am with you on that mate.

I am sure Morecambe will sign 3-4 new players and hope the team can do double shifts in training and remember two words.

The Globe and The Future

:D :D :D

We Love you shrimps yeah i do and i love eating shrimps had them first time in my life first today yesterday
darrenlock

Postby lancaster shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:23 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:here we go already... the crap as started after just one friendly. results in friendlies mean absolutly nothing especially against a team who have already played three matches and are a couple of weeks in front training wise

totally agree :)
lancaster shrimp

Postby parceldave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:29 pm

marky wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:im sure sm and ml will get it right before the globe officially opens......

Well thats just about right then . ;)
parceldave

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:32 pm

parceldave wrote:
marky wrote:

Well thats just about right then . ;)

december might be appropriate :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:33 pm

And no-one booo Sammy Mac also .

I never did

Come on Morecambe have a good season and Accrington relegated
darrenlock

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 pm

darrenlock wrote:And no-one booo Sammy Mac also .

I never did

Come on Morecambe have a good season and Accrington relegated

what have you got against accy????
shrimpnsave

Postby The Fury » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Splodge wrote:The season we beat Wolves 6-0 we were expecting miracles and nearly got relegated.

T'was 6-1 in fact and, erh, we finished 7th that season, three points off the playoffs.
The Fury

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Accrington are our biggest rivals in this league and of course friendly banter does not harm anybody.

Like me supporting Charlton fc I love to see Gillingham relegated oh yeah League 2 and Crystal Palace future looks weak if you look at current form from last season
darrenlock

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion