Striker Hendrie on Trial

Striker Hendrie on Trial

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Striker Hendrie on Trial

Postby Morecambe Player » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 am

With him, Spencer, Fleming and Parrish it's one in the eye for those who say Sammy doesn't believe in young players.

Hope he does well.
Morecambe Player

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:49 am

good news maybe he will get a game tonight
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:35 am

Another young player on trial good move.

Another young striker along the lads from Huddlesfield.

I know Morecambe realeased Taylor but maybe this lad can make the step up:D
darrenlock

Postby CASS » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:35 am

His brother has just gone to Aberdeen on trial.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby nobbyshrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:11 pm

CASS wrote:His brother has just gone to Aberdeen on trial.

And he scored against us for The Blades in 2007 ish (i think) when they knocked us out of the League cup.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Morecambe Player wrote:With him, Spencer, Fleming and Parrish it's one in the eye for those who say Sammy doesn't believe in young players.

Hope he does well.

I'm happy to hold my hand up and say that I'm one who is expecting something to hit his eye imminently. You've got to admit though that in four and a half years we've had very few developing youngsters brought in, and some of those came because of recommendations outside of the management.

Of those you've mentioned Spencer is on loan (our major route for youngsters who then go elsewhere); Fleming hasn't signed or been the subject of an offer; Hendrie is on trial; and Parrish, was released from an established League 2 club and didn't get played for a year and a half at CP. I'm desperate to see young hungry talent who want to play football in the League primarily with money and flashy lifestyles a distant second sign and I really hope that we can pick up a few like Fleming and Hendrie that hopefully go on to prove themselves as top class League footballers. We need to because we've got smaller budgets and the financial pressures will only get tighter.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Agree with you Posh 100%.

Must be aloy of young talent with the passion four football :P :P
darrenlock

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 pm

I kind of agree with Posh, but i can understand footballers at a young age going after the money. especially at our level where it might not be great. You have to respect Joe Lewis et al for coming to Morecambe, it must be hard knowing you have lots to lose if it doesn't work out. But i suppose if you are good enough you should be able to do it at any level.

this made me laugh today!

"At his age I can't hide the financial aspect. The club which wants Didier will have to put up the money."

Does Didier Drogba really need the money?
Heysham_red

Postby darrenlock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Drogba going Man city omg.

man city got bellamy , tevez , adebayor , santa Cruz already now drogba 5 on the books come on.

Football should be salary capped i think look at Rugby they do this.

I remember watching Bryan Clough playing football scoring 220 goals in 240 games and can you image the tackle from the goalkeeper to clough in which ended his career if that happened in the premiership.

Only one I can think of was Roy Keane on that man city player at old tr afford about 10 years ago
darrenlock

Postby Squaddie_Shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:42 pm

darrenlock wrote:Football should be salary capped i think look at Rugby they do this.

Yeah its salary capped in this country thats why all the best players went to france to play because theres not salary cap, If the premier league introduce a salary cap it wouldnt stop players earning major money because im sure some middle eastern sheikh would give them his loose change to play in their league.
Results are temporary... Shrimps Pride is Forever
Squaddie_Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:37 pm

I remember watching Lee absolutely destroy Liverpool at Anfield on his own a few years back, if he's got a fraction of his talent then he should be a good player. we seem to making some very clever signings ( i know some aren't done yet) but proves its not numbers game, it's about sammy having the right quality in the squad. anyone brave enough to predict play-offs or better again this season?
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:53 pm

bigreddog wrote: anyone brave enough to predict play-offs or better again this season?

I would be brave enough to have a bet on the play offs, but the odds are pretty shite really. There are a host of Clubs in with a shout and I certainly would'nt predict or expect it. On our day we can beat anyone, but on a bad day we can lose to anyone. Pretty much sums up League 2 I would say.

Consistency will be the major factorr. I certainly hope hitting the (new) ground running and having a good start for a change.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Heysham_red wrote:I kind of agree with Posh, but i can understand footballers at a young age going after the money.

Understand what you're saying but there is a lot of young footballers out there with a good head on them, first love is playing football and always keen to prove themselves as part of a team. They've got a long-term view that if they play well consistently then the next break will come their way either with their current club and promotion or with a move.

Hate to blather on about him but John Still at Dagenham's view when he looks at players is that they need the qualities above, which he calls being 'a Dagger'. Hence why targeted players are watched 8 or 9 times to see consistency of play. At Morecambe Jimbo tends to keep on top of team spirit and soon gets rid of fancy pretentions from players. However Still picks up players like Danny Green (Bishops Stortford), Paul Benson (White Ensign), Josh Scott (Hayes & Yeading), Scott Doe (Weymouth) etc. who all make the transition immediately from a lower level to playing a full season with D&R. Admittedly its a gamble but do the legwork and the chemistry can work. All these players inevitably come cheaper in terms of signing on fees, many don't have agents and wage demands are sensible as they're unproven at a higher level.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion