tony roberts's assault on Christie the cat?

tony roberts's assault on Christie the cat?

Postby morecambetillidie08 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:34 pm

What an absolute idiot tony roberts was today ,he blatently assaulted Christie the Cat and the referee didnt even book him,he should have been sent off,The Linesman saw the incident.
morecambetillidie08

Re: tony roberts's assault on Christie the cat?

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:46 pm

Wise up
campdave

Postby Frobi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:46 pm

Personally I thought it was all a bit of banter! Thought it was hilarious that he nearly whacked Christies hat off! :D
You must admit without Tony Roberts, Todays match would have been a hell of alot duller than it was!
Frobi

Postby fletch_al » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:54 pm

the whole thing was hilarious! tho it wud have been funnier if we'd actually won
fletch_al

Postby Sammy h » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:20 pm

morecambetillidie08 wrote:What an absolute idiot tony roberts was today ,he blatently assaulted Christie the Cat and the referee didnt even book him,he should have been sent off,The Linesman saw the incident.

You are pathetic, do you know what the word "banter" means?

You are a disgrace.
Sammy h

Postby fletch_al » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:25 pm

morecambetillidie08 wrote:What an absolute idiot tony roberts was today ,he blatently assaulted Christie the Cat and the referee didnt even book him,he should have been sent off,The Linesman saw the incident.

i thought he was being sarcastic. he surely must have been. no1 is THAT clueless
fletch_al

Postby bubbles » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:04 pm

I watched Tony Roberts attitude throughout the match and found him to be hilariously funny at the right time. When they scored he didnt gloat..when sung to .. he reacted with humour.I personally shook his hand after the game for his banter made it entertaining . It seems the Christie the cat incident was seen as entertainmnet by the ref too ... good on you all . In fact apart from one person who shouted vulgar abusive swear words at Roberts from the North stand .. everyone else laughed .get a grip ....please
bubbles

Postby Dazzer » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:25 pm

It takes a lot to make me laugh when Morecambe are 2-0 down but Christie and Roberts sparring up to each other had me in stiches, as did the 'Christie is gonna get you chant'.

What a suprise that the somewhat less humourless abuse Roberts got did'nt turn him into a bag of nerves and really affect his performance :? ;)

Top bloke, hope we are seeing him at Christie for a few more seasons to come
Dazzer

Postby Aal » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:54 am

I agree that Tony Roberts and Christie were the two highlights of the afternoon.

Have to say that the ref looked dead serious when he sent off Christie. Does it mean he will be suspended for the next 3 games? If not stick him in the team against Shrewsbury. He was the only bloke in a red shirt to cause any trouble to the keeper. ;)
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby shrimp supporters » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:06 am

As I said to Christie the Cat next week's game he faces the cat of nine tails and any more he be cat gut.

:lol:
shrimp supporters

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:46 am

Aal wrote:I agree that Tony Roberts and Christie were the two highlights of the afternoon.

Have to say that the ref looked dead serious when he sent off Christie. Does it mean he will be suspended for the next 3 games? If not stick him in the team against Shrewsbury. He was the only bloke in a red shirt to cause any trouble to the keeper. ;)

Was he on the pitch while the game was being played??? :shock:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:01 am

Was he on the pitch while the game was being played???

Usually stands on the grass just in front of the advertising boards where the photographers can often be found.
Phoenix

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:02 am

Aal wrote:Have to say that the ref looked dead serious when he sent off Christie.

So how did he come to be sent off?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby sandgrown » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:18 pm

Keith wrote:
Aal wrote:Have to say that the ref looked dead serious when he sent off Christie.

So how did he come to be sent off?

Christie picks up a dead ball and walks towards Roberts. when Roberts reaches out for it Christie drops it on the floor, Roberts then whacks Chritie on the head very hard.
Ref then comes over and gives Chritie the red, says nothing to Roberts though, who IMO completely over reacted to a bit of fun.
sandgrown

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:22 pm

it wasn't that hard just that he nearly took his head off, no red was shown just told him to go to the side of the pitch away from the keeper.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby bunny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:27 pm

Tony roberts i think is brilliant such a good laugh with the fans.
Some of the things he does is so funny!.
bunny

Postby Muzzer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

assault :lol: what a joke

i think even the ref was laughing, i dont thinkk he was too serious...

but after the Christies gonna get you chant, the boxing motions, they were hilerious i think
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby Neil G » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Fantastic entertainment whatever you think of Tony Roberts, he's a great keeper, is always up for a laugh and gives as good as he gets, fair play to him he turned and applauded the North stand on the final whistle, I wish there were more characters like him 8-)
Neil G

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:45 pm

Muzzer wrote:i think even the ref was laughing, i dont thinkk he was too serious...

In the ref's defence, he wouldn't have been aware of Roberts' history at Christie, and also wouldn't have seen any of the friendly banter going on that led up to the "incident". It seemed as if the ref turned round and just saw Roberts trying to take Christie's head off!
campdave

Postby Shrimpy Shrimp » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:50 pm

campdave wrote:
Muzzer wrote:i think even the ref was laughing, i dont thinkk he was too serious...

In the ref's defence, he wouldn't have been aware of Roberts' history at Christie, and also wouldn't have seen any of the friendly banter going on that led up to the "incident". It seemed as if the ref turned round and just saw Roberts trying to take Christie's head off!

I think the ref made the only right choice of the game here

Christie was on the pitch which he shouldn't of been.
Shrimpy Shrimp

Postby Muzzer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Shrimpy Shrimp wrote:
campdave wrote:

I think the ref made the only right choice of the game here

Christie was on the pitch which he shouldn't of been.

yeah thats true, but im also just glad that he never did send roberts off as campdave said, he may have only seen him hitting christie
but i think he was laughing when the north stand was hurtling abuse at him
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby sandgrown » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:04 pm

I thought the way Roberts was conducting the North Stand chants about him was brilliant !
sandgrown

Postby Moose » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Tony Roberts - possibly the only player who has never played in a Morecambe shirt to be welcomed back with open arms, top quality entertainment, great sense of humour, top bloke. (Even when we're losing!)

Credit where it's due, all the best Tony.
Moose

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:53 pm

Tony Roberts is a legend :)
heysham_mfc

Postby Currey » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:04 pm

Frobi wrote:Personally I thought it was all a bit of banter! Thought it was hilarious that he nearly whacked Christies hat off! :D
You must admit without Tony Roberts, Todays match would have been a hell of alot duller than it was!

Tony Roberts, made the game. I was brining one of my mates for the first time to cristie and he cracked up laughing, he loved it.
Currey

Next

Return to General Discussion