Another behind closed doors match

Another behind closed doors match

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:44 am

heysham_mfc

Re: Another behind closed doors match

Postby John L » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:47 am

I wonder if there'll be an empty seat on the coach going back??? ;)
John L

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:00 pm

I wonder if it's at the uni again and what time might have to go for a stroll when I am on dinner on Thursday.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 pm

John L wrote:I wonder if there'll be an empty seat on the coach going back??? ;)

I wonder if rather than a friendly this is a specific trial match for Fleming to show he has what it takes to be a league footballer and that if he shines then a deal is done with Wrexham.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:22 pm

If that's the thinking behind it, then that's very clever. maybe we should do more of these "behind closed doors" games in future.

some of us will remember the days when pre-season friendlies were not that common, i remember the days when team would have pre-season matches between the probables and the probables. but they went out of fashion because the fringe players and the first team players would end up kicking lumps out of each other.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Preston Shrimp » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:43 pm

anybody know where this game is at?

morecambe train round the corner from me at Cottam Sports Arena in Preston a couple of days a week. is at at Lancaster Uni again? or at the Sports Arena?
Preston Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Wherever it is I hope that the quality of any new trialists is 100% than those on show at Barrow.

I'm amazed that with so many players lookling for clubs that all we can trial is a player who wasn't good enough for either Accy or Chester and a Scottish centre half who was on ameuter forms with a Scottish club the back end of last season.

How come that other clubs not too far away have had more than a dozen trialists with it's been suggested 7 good enough to be taken to a tournament in Devon to prove themselves?

Even Wrexham are using tomorrows ggame to trial a number of players.

OK Sammy is looking for quality but last nights selection was hardly impressive.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ockers » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Christies Child wrote:Wherever it is I hope that the quality of any new trialists is 100% than those on show at Barrow.

I'm amazed that with so many players lookling for clubs that all we can trial is a player who wasn't good enough for either Accy or Chester and a Scottish centre half who was on ameuter forms with a Scottish club the back end of last season.

How come that other clubs not too far away have had more than a dozen trialists with it's been suggested 7 good enough to be taken to a tournament in Devon to prove themselves?

OK Sammy is looking for quality but last nights selection was hardly impressive.

didnt we finish 4th last season???
:o
ockers

Postby mfcbro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:54 pm

I just cant understand why you lot think sammy should divulge who he is looking at.There is any amount of players looking for clubs.I would rather him take his time and bring in quality,not like Michael Carr who we signed on a contract never played for us but cost us money to buy out his contract.Lets be patient and leave it to sammy and mark to get on with their job.
mfcbro

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:58 pm

ockers wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Wherever it is I hope that the quality of any new trialists is 100% than those on show at Barrow.

And there lies the problem. Expectations have increased as a result.
broadwayshrimp

Postby darrenlock » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Come on only thing Morecambe can do is in bring in trailists and players on free transfers.
And I do think with 2 and a bit weeks until the Wycombe you should be positive.

Roche

Parrish Drummond Hainning Wilson

Fleming if signed

Duffy Stanley Scott

and Jevons with Spencer and Mullin to come on in 2nd half maybe usual time 60th minutes.
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:03 pm

ockers wrote:

So......are you satisfied with 4th?

I'm not.

If it hadn't been for some poor defensive performances we'd have been in the automatic promo positions.

Sammy has already said we need to improve in certain positions and i totally agree.

4th was brilliant but we need to go at least one place better this season.

Agree?????
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:05 pm

there's plenty of time to sign the right choice of players, the transfer window doesn't shut till August the 31st..
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Hopefully some deals can be done to sign at least another 2/3 players before the season starts.
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:40 pm

I'd be delighted if we finished 5th never mind 4th or higher.

Get real people, for the size of our club we ARE punching above our weight.

We ARE a small club, let's not start getting to be like the clubs we, in the past (and some present,) berate for thinking they are bigger than they are.

Lets just enjoy the ride, we are living the dream, these are our glory years.
morecambe mick

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:27 pm

totally agree with you morecambemick... probably one of the best posts I have seen on here for a long long time
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:35 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I'd be delighted if we finished 5th never mind 4th or higher.

We ARE a small club, let's not start getting to be like the clubs we, in the past (and some present,) berate for thinking they are bigger than they are.

Not often that I disagree with you, but as long as we see ourselves as a small club........a small club we will remain.

I prefer to see us a club on a journey to becoming a bigger club but never forgetting where we came from.
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Lads I will totally agree 100 with what your saying i go on football forum and asked fans to think where Morecambe will come and they say 12-18th average fans were saying this.

I do believe if Sammy sorts the defence out with a another defensive midfielder I will stick to my prediction of 3rd place I think the local community will be behind the Shrimps Love read this post.
darrenlock

Postby Opinionated » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:I'd be delighted if we finished 5th never mind 4th or higher.

Not often that I disagree with you, but as long as we see ourselves as a small club........a small club we will remain.

I prefer to see us a club on a journey to becoming a bigger club but never forgetting where we came from.

I like your positivity but agree with Mick. For a club of our size there is a limit to how far we can go. Although promotion to League 1 is a realistic aim, that would be our limit. At some point ourselves, Accy and Macclesfield will drop out of the Football League. Hopefully that wont be for many years, Accy excluded ;)
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby james456 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Yes, considering the size of our club and where we've come from, we do extraordinarily well on the pitch...

But the point is, we have a squad that came 4th last season and will hopefully be better this season. Therefore, if we finish up mid table then the squad has not done as well as it could have and people will have every right to be disappointed. Yes, there's a bigger picture but that's no reason for a squad of good players to underachieve.
james456

Postby ockers » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:06 pm

:o[/quote]

So......are you satisfied with 4th?

I'm not.

If it hadn't been for some poor defensive performances we'd have been in the automatic promo positions.

Sammy has already said we need to improve in certain positions and i totally agree.

4th was brilliant but we need to go at least one place better this season.

Agree?????[/quote]

I think youve missed my point cc
my point is that the team finished 4th and when you think notts county should have been docked points we could well have finished 3rd with some more luck too who knows
a remarkable achievement for a club our size
i do think that the management team should be trusted to just get on with their job of assembling the right squad look at triallists they believe can offer something and like many of us have the patience to wait and see who will be coming
exciting times ahead not worrying times cc!!
:D
ockers

Postby Sammy h » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:07 pm

We need to get rid of this 'small club' mentality. We finished 4th so we deserve to be in the league unlike what many other opposition fans think.

Saying that i don't expect us to get anywhere near the play offs this year. I hope i am wrong though.
Sammy h

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 am

I dont know if fleming is injured but he didnt feature on tuesday or wednesday night for wrexham against sudbury and liverpool respectively
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:38 am

mfcbro wrote:Lets be patient and leave it to sammy and mark to get on with their job.

We have tried this before but we can seemingly only last about 2 days! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion