WELL WELL WELL

WELL WELL WELL

Postby alwaysright » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 am

I come back from a weeks holiday to find that the ground isnt ready, what an absolute disgrace !! what did the people on here say, of course it will be ready because Globe are putting there name too it etc etc. I cant be arsed to read all the excuses that the rose tinted glasses brigade have made.
Where are the new signings that people said would arriving because after the 1st of july the contracts expire ??? where are the signings that were meant to arrive because of our supposidly new stadium ???
Potential money making friendlys cancelled.
I think the whole episode is a utter disgrace !!!!!!!!!!
alwaysright

Re: WELL WELL WELL

Postby MfcPaul » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:30 am

Yawn!!! :?
MfcPaul

Postby Opinionated » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:00 am

No stadium, no players but a rather attractive set of kits!
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:12 am

last season Sammy got players just before the start of the season like haining n mullin.
And Morecambe played friendlies behind closed doors they played one on saturday and drew 1-1 with Drummond scoring from a Stanley corner.
And just because the ground is going 2 be late so what we got a brand new stadium and lets all get behind the shrimps.
Stop being negative.
We'll sign more players its not if it is when
darrenlock

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:19 am

If you have been away I would point you in the direction of this thread to get up to speed:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8215

It has been discussed in great length and most of us have learned to get on and get over it.

If you can't then I refer you to this thread! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8134
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:21 am

Obviously you wern't on holiday long enough, get over it...we have :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby alwaysright » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:27 am

Oh believe me im over it, typical sort of response i expected.
alwaysright

Postby ockers » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:18 pm

alwaysright wrote:Oh believe me im over it, typical sort of response i expected.

perhaps you need to support another club if its not good enough for you?
the rest of us imho are ecstatic with whats going on at the club
ockers

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:24 pm

We should have got you to build it with your Lego, you child.

If you're genuinely that angry about it you really need to have a word with yourself.
durhamshrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 pm

totally agree sean what is going on at our club is fantastic...new ground to look forward too and also fourth season as a football league club not to mention new players new shirts which are awesome and coventry city in carling cup the list is endless
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Opinionated » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 pm

To be fair to alwaysright there were more than a few people who voiced their anger on here when the news was first announced. Im sure he will get over it in his own time just like we did. He is just a couple of weeks behind.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Heysham_red » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 pm

ockers wrote:perhaps you need to support another club if its not good enough for you?

I personally don't think its appropriate for someone who works for the club to essentially tell a fan to go somewhere else. I dont care who this guy is. If he is putting money into the club and isnt causing trouble then his money is welcome and his opinion on here is as valid as anyone elses.

ockers wrote:the rest of us imho are ecstatic with whats going on at the club

have you read this forum? Not everyone is happy. some people are happy with some aspects. Some people are not happy with some aspects but your generalisation is wrong in my opinion!

MfcPaul wrote:Yawn!!! :?

I agree. But probably not in the same way.

alwaysright wrote:Oh believe me im over it, typical sort of response i expected.

if you knew this, why did you start the topic rather than add it to the other topics. and...

alwaysright wrote:I cant be arsed to read all the excuses that the rose tinted glasses brigade have made.

Why should anyone give you the time of day if you cant be arsed reading what other people write. Your opinion is yours that fine. But show some respect to the people who have spent a lot of time answering questions and criticism regarding both topics, which many did not have to do.

rant over.

I have edited a little bit out. I think Ockers has done great things for the club but it grates on me when people answer for everyone, a combination of crap weather and monday morning is my (rubbish) excuse
Last edited by Heysham_red on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heysham_red

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Let's keep clear of the 'if you don't like it go somewhere else' responses. Everyone is (within reason/arbitrary limits) free to express their delight or frustration. Even the board would be hard pressed to suggest that this has been anything other than a PR disaster, so if everyone who was upset was told to 'go and watch Lancaster City then' our gates would take quite a hit next season! We need 'customers' to be able to say what they feel but then still remain customers!

To 'alwaysright', you could have posted in the existing thread, where the same views were expressed, but as 'Opinionated' suggested, a couple of weeks and you'll be okay again.

[Heysham_red ranted while I was writing my post! Understandable but please make sure this thread doesn't descend in to a personal attack one or it won't last much longer!]
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Opinionated wrote: He is just a couple of weeks behind.

That applies to a few on here :lol:
marky No.1

Postby ockers » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Keith wrote:Let's keep clear of the 'if you don't like it go somewhere else' responses. Everyone is (within reason/arbitrary limits) free to express their delight or frustration. Even the board would be hard pressed to suggest that this has been anything other than a PR disaster, so if everyone who was upset was told to 'go and watch Lancaster City then' our gates would take quite a hit next season! We need 'customers' to be able to say what they feel but then still remain customers!

To 'alwaysright', you could have posted in the existing thread, where the same views were expressed, but as 'Opinionated' suggested, a couple of weeks and you'll be okay again.

[Heysham_red ranted while I was writing my post! Understandable but please make sure this thread doesn't descend in to a personal attack one or it won't last much longer!]

i do work for the club but i dont speak for anyone other than myself hence imho quote
and im entitled to my oprinion which is this
i cant believe that any morecambe supporter who loves the club cant see the great things that are happening with this club
always rights reaction seems at odds with a true morecambe supporters
every day there is something else to just get excited about
if people cant buy into that then im sorry
i was disappointed re preseason id done quite a lot of preparatory work for match programmes
but setbacks happen and im looking forward to watching the team play again supetrb shirts as well
noone has a right imho to criticse what the club are doing how theyre doing it and when things may go wrong
criticise the team the manager the players yes we can all do that
but the football club and globe are bringing a fantastic facility to this community
we should be lauding them not attacking/criticisng them
how can you not be excited about the season ahead is beyond me
just a personal view like...........
ockers

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:29 pm

ockers wrote:
i do work for the club but i dont speak for anyone other than myself hence imho quote
and im entitled to my oprinion which is this
i cant believe that any morecambe supporter who loves the club cant see the great things that are happening with this club
always rights reaction seems at odds with a true morecambe supporters
every day there is something else to just get excited about
if people cant buy into that then im sorry
i was disappointed re preseason id done quite a lot of preparatory work for match programmes
but setbacks happen and im looking forward to watching the team play again supetrb shirts as well
noone has a right imho to criticse what the club are doing how theyre doing it and when things may go wrong
criticise the team the manager the players yes we can all do that
but the football club and globe are bringing a fantastic facility to this community
we should be lauding them not attacking/criticisng them
how can you not be excited about the season ahead is beyond me
just a personal view like...........[/quote]

I've seen
glass.jpg

and...
glass1.jpg

But Sean I hand this one to you ;)
glassfull.jpg
marky No.1

Postby ockers » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:17 pm

cheers mark i could do with a half!!!
:D
look forward to the Barrow game tomorrow!!
ockers

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:43 pm

I seem to be having some deja vu on this subject. there seem to be a couple of quite distinct points of view, the " incandescent with rage, hang the incompetent bastards!" school of thought and the " let them eat cake, how dare the ungrateful shits ever be critical of anything, be thankful we're not playing in the Evo-stik league" school of though.

I happily remain in the massively disappointed, slightly pissed off but ever hopeful for the future brigade, and that's probably where I'll stay until I see my beloved team playing in their fantastic new shirts playing in a proper game at our fantastic new stadium, at which point I will revert to my usual overly superstitious, kick every ball, shout rather embarrassingly at the referee, believe we're miles better than we really are, worship the ground that Sammy McIlroy and Peter McGuigan walk on self.

don't know whether that makes my glass half full or half empty Mark, but do I have a glass.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:02 pm

bigreddog wrote:don't know whether that makes my glass half full or half empty Mark, but do I have a glass.

You did throw the glass out of the pram at one point tho! :lol:

bigreddog wrote: why is it essential to stop people having a chat about what is quite frankly an unmitigated cock up
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:07 pm

precisely the point. I got over it, and I threw my glass out because of censorship, not of libel but of sarcasm. not because of the pr disaster, which it is. either way, as you've said give the guy a few days to get over the disappointment and he'll be doing what the rest of us are doing. being desperate enough to go to barrow.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby alwaysright » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:30 pm

ockers, i just knew it would be you that would post a reply like that, typical really. All i was saying was that i was looking forward to getting home to see The Globe Arena in all its glory, new signings brought in and some decent friendlies in the next couple of weeks, certainly not what has happened. As for the personal stuff you can stick it where the sun doesnt shine and grow up !!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:33 pm

you can stick it where the sun doesnt shine and grow up !!!!!!!

Oooooh...Can i be referee :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ockers » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:34 pm

alwaysright wrote:ockers, i just knew it would be you that would post a reply like that, typical really. All i was saying was that i was looking forward to getting home to see The Globe Arena in all its glory, new signings brought in and some decent friendlies in the next couple of weeks, certainly not what has happened. As for the personal stuff you can stick it where the sun doesnt shine and grow up !!!!!!!

this is what you were saying

I come back from a weeks holiday to find that the ground isnt ready, what an absolute disgrace !! what did the people on here say, of course it will be ready because Globe are putting there name too it etc etc. I cant be arsed to read all the excuses that the rose tinted glasses brigade have made.Where are the new signings that people said would arriving because after the 1st of july the contracts expire ??? where are the signings that were meant to arrive because of our supposidly new stadium ??? Potential money making friendlys cancelled.
I think the whole episode is a utter disgrace !!!!!!!!!!
ockers

Postby alwaysright » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Disapointment................and why is it when someone airs there personel oppinion that goes against the grain its met with the usual respons, go and support another team ??? Of course im proud of what the club are doing and i will be there paying my money and supporting the team, to be told to go and support another team, well what can i say.
alwaysright

Postby marky » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:44 pm

ockers wrote:the rest of us imho are ecstatic with whats going on at the club

Absolute boll**ks! I know you a tendency to exaggerate but seriously? This forum could never be considered a true reflection of the opinions of Morecambe fans given the tiny percentage who actually post on here but I think it's pretty obvious, even on here, that the vast-majority are anything but ecstatic at the fact our ground is late, we've been forced down the training under match conditions path, etc. I'd say the 'rest of us' are more likely to be something along the lines of 'disappointed if not slightly irritated'. As for your invitation for alwaysright to go elsewhere...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Next

Return to General Discussion