A REAL DEAL

A REAL DEAL

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Given that our new stadium is going to be 2 thirds empty for most games, and a standard family cannot afford to come on a weekly basis, why not allow a standing adult bring 2 or 3 children free, or a sitting adult bring i child free :?:

Being a dad of 5 that attends all home games, i am lucky that 4 of them hate football, but bums on empty seats would look better.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: A REAL DEAL

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:22 pm

I dont see why there cant offer £10 adult seats in the stadium in standing area and £3 for kids.

i think it is £14 in standing for adult and £5 for kids.

The cash does not matter but surly the club must want the fans 2 come week in week out
darrenlock

Postby scar » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:28 pm

darrenlock wrote:I dont see why there cant offer £10 adult seats in the stadium in standing area and £3 for kids.

Maybe, just a guess here mind, its because they don't have any seats in the standing area? :o
scar

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:32 pm

Funny but all I am saying is that it could be £10 game ie the weaekr games the branet lincoin games and kids go in for like £3 like the old ground this kids deals.

We can get a average of 4000 fans i know it sorry scar ;)
darrenlock

Postby durianmuncher » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:36 pm

darrenlock wrote:Funny but all I am saying is that it could be £10 game ie the weaekr games the branet lincoin games and kids go in for like £3 like the old ground this kids deals.

We can get a average of 4000 fans i know it sorry scar ;)

Just out of interest, is this ancient Manx or something?
durianmuncher

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:41 pm

No

All i was saying is that Morecambe had a average attendance of 2200 last season.

And how can we improve of this some teams do set prices depends on what team you play.

And i do think we can hit the 4000-4500 with good marketing skills

Morecambe is the place to be of league 2
darrenlock

Postby durianmuncher » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:51 pm

darrenlock wrote:No

All i was saying is that Morecambe had a average attendance of 2200 last season.

And how can we improve of this some teams do set prices depends on what team you play.

And i do think we can hit the 4000-4500 with good marketing skills

Morecambe is the place to be of league 2

Eh?

Your first sentence is reasonably clear, but then you've lost me. Anyway, I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere.
durianmuncher

Postby darrenlock » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:55 pm

I was only wondering considering the size of the new stadium how can they promote the stadium and get more fans into the ground that was all.

I still think Morecambe will come 3rd :D :D :D :D :D
darrenlock

Postby durianmuncher » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:03 am

I think 3rd is a bit optimistic the way things are going so far.

Don't worry about the marketing side. I'm sure it's being taken care of very well.
durianmuncher

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:41 am

Mr P Head I am amazed u r 5 I didn't realise that
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:41 am

darrenlock wrote:The cash does not matter but surly the club must want the fans 2 come week in week out

Why on earth does the cash not matter??? :? :roll: Of course the cash matters! It's the whole point of moving grounds. Its what keeps us in business, or, as with many clubs, heading out of business. The more cash, the more competitive we will become because we can pay better wages etc. Cash matters!

If we offered free entry to all games, we wouldn't be able to fill the stadium every game. 3000 is unlikely for a few seasons yet but a decent increase should be achieved next season. We are already the joint cheapest club in the Football League, so I can't see a call to reduce entry by a further 30% is likely to be realistic.

That said, I do hope the club market certain games more imaginatively, especially mid-week games against clubs who have traditionally less travelling fans. So some 'specials', 'quid a kid' etc but over-all I think the club are pretty reasonable.

marky No.1 wrote:Mr P Head I am amazed u r 5 I didn't realise that

GRRRRRR!!! darrenlockspeek is one thing, but text speak will result in the wrath of the mods descending! In some people's eyes, it is only one place behind 'misplaced apostrophise' in the 'things you can't hang people for but should be able to' list!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Looks like you've been told off Moderately . ;)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:31 pm

parceldave wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Looks like you've been told off Moderately . ;)

I think an allowance could have been made considering the time of the post!! We were at a 40th in a farmers field in the middle of nowhere. 600 people with 10 deep at the bar.

Bands, fireworks, fast food, ice cream, crepes and plenty of bare legs on hay bails :o

The do was free but you were asked to put £10 donation to a Charity which was shrewdly collected in a padlocked skip!!

Now that is successful marketing! :lol:

:oops: Sorry Keith the Lady GaGa look alike just threw me completely
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion