Todays attendance

Todays attendance

Postby admiral47 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:40 pm

I know Daggers did not bring many away fans but 1500 is worrying and probably reflects the continuing poor form.
admiral47

Re: Todays attendance

Postby outsider » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:45 pm

think there's were the 71, including players and officials,

why wasn't it announced?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Embarrassment?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby outsider » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 pm

marky wrote:Embarrassment?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:02 pm

FOOTBALL TEAMS AT OUR LEVEL ARE NOT IMMUNE TO THE EFFECTS OF THE CREDIT CRUNCH/ RECCESSION, ITS THE LAST WEEK OF THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS AND THE END OF THE MONTH, A WIN NEXT WEEK JUST AFTER PAY DAY WOULD PERK THINGS UP A BIT.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Martin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:22 pm

I was surprised at just how low the attendance was. I was expecting 1700 or 1800 today.

A poor start coupled with a fixture against an ex-conference partner was never going to bring in the hoardes. Dagenham don't have a strong following at home, so I wasn't surprised to walk pass the Smart Car they all came in!
Martin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Dagenham don't have a big support so it diddn't supprise me about the low attendance Shrewsbury should bring a few hurdred
heysham_mfc

Postby John L » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Chester's attendance had dropped to just 1,295 for today's game against Barnet, but after a 5-1 victory it'll be interesting to see how many turn up at their next home game!
John L

Postby durianmuncher » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:58 pm

Attendance figures were very disappointing and atmosphere was not that great again. I wonder if those crazy announcements about no swearing and chanting the other week put a few people off. I know a few who were a little bemused in a negative way by it. Still, once we start winning, attendances should go up again.
durianmuncher

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Do you really munch durian's?
What's the secret?
Plain Peter

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:41 pm

When a team is doing well people will always find the money to come to the match. When a team isn't doing so good then factors such as the credit crunch and bills going up will mean people will rather save that money and listen out for the result on radio, text etc.

when we start stringing some results together the crowds will slowly come back again because they won't want to miss a potential win and a good atmosphere.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:48 pm

NSS - fair comment, but hardly the stuff of rocket science.
The club, or at least someone at the club, has missed out on a readily available resource of potential support.
Which, if tapped effectively, could have attracted hundreds from around North Lancs.
Plain Peter

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Many marketing prospects were missed last season.

The problem of inexperience when coming up from the conference for the first time isn't just restricted to what happens on the pitch. The club was inexperience in handling the marketing of a league side. We missed the band waggon with merchandise celebrating our wembley win and first year in the league and didn't capitolise on our success to extend our fan base to the likes of the imigrant workers and students etc.

Marketing is very difficult, and can be quite complex and time consuming to get it right. until we have a professional either working for the club directly or through an agency we are going to be well behind the majority of other league clubs when it comes to maximising our potential off the pitch.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:18 pm

PoultonPrawn was the man for the job.
Loads of good, possible, innovative ideas.
Seen too much of the world me thinks, and got laughed at on here.
Plain Peter

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Oh Peter sometimes you are so predictable.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aspers

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Aye that's right Aspers.
I even joined the Army when I was 6 years old ;) .
Plain Peter

Postby Aal » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:20 am

Very poor attendance today. I'm afraid it's going to be the norm now. It's called novelty factor wearing off.

Occasional fans only come to watch successful sides or attractive opposition.

Away fans came in droves last season as it was a new ground to visit.

I fear the worst....hope I'm wrong
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:27 am

no competitive win since March.

In those circumstances the crowd of 1,571 was to be expected.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:52 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:no competitive win since March.

In those circumstances the crowd of 1,571 was to be expected.

...and no clean sheets as well. At least a clean sheet guarantees a point!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:59 am

Which all suggests our defence wasn't up to the job in the second half of last season and, as 3 members of it still play, it isn't now.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Neil G » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:00 am

Peter wrote:PoultonPrawn was the man for the job.
Loads of good, possible, innovative ideas.
Seen too much of the world me thinks, and got laughed at on here.

Just before you apply for the head of marketing job here PP consider the odds of a Lancaster City fan who lives on the south coast being appointed, I reckon you've a better chance of being Pompeys first man in space :lol:
Neil G

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:07 am

marky wrote:Which all suggests our defence wasn't up to the job in the second half of last season and, as 3 members of it still play, it isn't now.

I suspect that very few will argue with your assessment. Sod all done to rectify the obvious problem during the close season....or so it would appear. Until its sorted we'll have problems.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:00 am

Peter wrote:Do you really munch durian's?
What's the secret?

Tastes like heaven, smells like hell! On an internal flight in Vietnam, the sign on the back of the chair said;

"NO SMOKING! NO DURIAN FRUIT"

I know someone who had a durian fruit in a hotel in the Philippines. They returned from a day out and found the fruit was gone and a note left in the fridge in its place. It said "The hotel management have removed your durian fruit for safe keeping and will return it to you when you check out", which they did!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby durianmuncher » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:56 am

Ahhhh the king of fruits and the fruit of kings.....

A fruit with a more pungent odour is hard to find, but once sampled it is not unknown for a person to crave more desperately for that next oh so sweet fix than even the most hardened dadah addict has even known.

While connoisseurs may plump for the D24, my personal preference is for the durian kampung - no pesticides, herbicides or other beastly toxins to make it look pretty, only pure, unadulterated, natural goodness.

On a practical note, if we could feed copious luscious segments of it to Mr Roche before a match, as well as doubtless receiving his personal boundless gratitude, no forward would dare trespass within 5 metres of him.
durianmuncher

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:31 am

Christies Child wrote:
marky wrote:Which all suggests our defence wasn't up to the job in the second half of last season and, as 3 members of it still play, it isn't now.

I suspect that very few will argue with your assessment. Sod all done to rectify the obvious problem during the close season....or so it would appear. Until its sorted we'll have problems.

Tightening up in midfield would go a long way to help prevent the problems. With respect, the players we have are in league 2 for a reason - they aren't perfect, they sometimes make mistakes and don't always make the right decisions. I know Adams had a very poor game against Rotherham, but part of that was the complete lack of cover in front of him - any defender would have struggled to have someone baring down constantly.

When our midfield afford the opposition as much posession as we have recently, it increases the pressure on them, increasing the likelihood that someone will cock-up. Whilst in an ideal world, we wouldn't make mistakes, even top flight defenders will mess up from time to time. Personally I'd like to see McStay alongside Bentley, as I thought they developed a good partnership towards the end of last season, as McStay seems more capable of linking the defence to the midfield.

Tighten up in midfield, like we did once Drummond and Hunter came on yesterday would go a long way to solving our current problems.

Playing devils advocate, the 3 defenders who struggled towards the end of last season and currently still are, are the same 3 defenders that coped well towards the start of the season.
campdave

Next

Return to General Discussion